View Poll Results: which is the best final fantasy game?

Voters
709. You may not vote on this poll

12 1.69%

3 0.42%

11 1.55%

34 4.80%

11 1.55%

69 9.73%

205 28.91%

101 14.25%

91 12.83%
  • 10/10-2

119 16.78%

6 0.85%

33 4.65%
  • Tactics/Tactics Advanced

14 1.97%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Best final fantasy game

Final Fantasy XII in my books. i just clicked with me better then any of the others out there. Sure i freaking love VII, X, and Tactics War of the Lions, but XII for me... is my fav.
    Ashe: You're sky pirates, aren't you? Then steal me!

* Vaan: Let go of me!
    * Balthier: Keep this up and I will!

Squall: I dreamt I was a moron...

*Judge Gabranth: Lady Ashe! Your father's
    murderer is here!

Best final fantasy game BahamutZERO's Avatar
    My favorite is VII, for a lot of reasons already stated on here such as gameplay, story, battle system etc etc.

But there is something about VII beyond that for me. It managed to touch me in a way the other games in the series haven't. I mean, all of them have scenes that I feel emotion over, but not in the way that VII managed to do so. Maybe its because it was the first one I played? It really did seem to be the game that got me into RPGs.

There are a couple other minor things in VII, little quirks that makes it my favorite. The fact that two of the characters use foul language, the incredibly unpolitically correct some parts of the game are, and the off the wall strange humor that some of the other games in the series try to produce, but in my opinion fall short.
    As soon as there is language, generality has entered the scene.

--Derrida

FF7 had the best story line and the best characters. just hope they remake it. that would be awsome.

VII was very good. I think I played and played that game so many times, it's crazy. The general way of it is just awesome. I loved everything, the storyline, characters and especially the music. Besides, the game is like part of my youthful years. I adore it.

Also, XII and X aren't that bad either.

Long live FFVII. The best FF Ever

True love never dies!!
    Checkout my AMV'shttp://www.youtube.com/user/Nemesis4567

Synthesized Ascension Best final fantasy game Zardoch's Avatar
    FF1. Played it a few times, but never really got into it. It was "fun" as a game, sure, but it was just the beginning of better games.

FF2. I played this one on PSONE in the remake. It bored me honestly.

FF3. I have yet to play the one on the DS, but I heard it's good.

FF4. ****ing great game. Not the best, but definitely one of them.

FF5. I played this game for awhile, but then I just got bored. It's cool, just not as epic.

FF6. I was playing this not too long ago and found it quite fun. It's a bit more "comedic" rather than epic, but that's what I liked about 9 so it's a pretty good game. Definitely one of the top three games.

FF7. I definitely loved this game, but honestly it is quite overrated. I predicted everything that was gonna happen and there was no real satisfaction with it other than the chocobos [even then once you got a gold chocobo, it was far too easy]. The games got some great gameplay, but it really is the most overrated no matter what anybody says.

FF8. I think this was the first game they sort of tried getting away from the "comedic" type of RPGs with a more serious tone. I loved the FMV's for it too so the graphics were great. I also enjoy the systems within the game that made it unique compared to other games besides FF6 who used a similar summoning system. Overall, it's definitely one of the most unique FF games, especially in the storyline department.

FF9. This game really was a great mix of 7 and 8 by using the comedic experience of the older games while adding serious elements to the story and characters. If anything, I actually cared more about the characters too compared to the other games where there was either too many or too few that were a bit, dare I say, "emo". The music was great, the graphics were fun, and the gameplay was really fun. I loved the incorporation of many different systems, yet it had old-school systems in it too. It wasn't exactly challenging, but it was hard enough that you had to be careful.

FF10/10-2. FFX was the first game I played on PS2 and for awhile, it was definitely pretty cool. Sadly, I never really got much out of this game. Yes, there were refreshing elements to it that were pretty cool, but it just felt like I was going from point a to point b without too much in-between. Most of the characters were typical stereotypes too and I hated Tidus and Yuna, and most of all, Rikku. I sure would smack that ass, but Rikku is just too many giddy and annoying like every other fangirl I know of. I never played X-2, nor do I plan on playing it as it didn't really deserve a sequel.

FF11. I don't like pay-to-play MMORPGs.

FF12. This, for me, was much like the FFX experience. Interesting gameplay elements, shitty story, and typical characters. It would've been better if Basche was the main character instead of the fruity whine-bags Vaan and Penelo. Too much grinding too as I constantly had to find various places to level up and continue going in and out in 40 minute runs. FF12 just sucked and was predictable in all aspects. I'm more excited to play Lost Odyssey than this game.

FF Tactics. Now HERE'S a GREAT game. Great story, characters, music, and gameplay. There was just so much to do to where you couldn't put the controller down. It was much different than other games too and really set itself apart from the traditional RPGs before and after it [especially it's clones of today]. There was just nothing wrong with this game.

So in the end, the games I enjoyed the most were: 4, 6, 8, 9, and Tactics. Out of those five I cannot choose which is best, but I can tell you they are better than the rest.

DJ at Radio Best final fantasy game tebian's Avatar
    Final Fantasy IX was the best and last of the old school. With the music by Nobou and the water color painted backgrounds it was classic on day one. Even the fighting system was perfect. The others are good too of course but IX was the culmination of years of work by Square. Total master piece that I doubt we will see again in the series sadly.

Final Fantasy Radio
    "Square Music for a Round World"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
    FF12. This, for me, was much like the FFX experience. Interesting gameplay elements, shitty story, and typical characters. It would've been better if Basche was the main character instead of the fruity whine-bags Vaan and Penelo. Too much grinding too as I constantly had to find various places to level up and continue going in and out in 40 minute runs. FF12 just sucked and was predictable in all aspects. I'm more excited to play Lost Odyssey than this game.

I agree with you so much took the words right out of my mouth

True love never dies!!
    Checkout my AMV'shttp://www.youtube.com/user/Nemesis4567

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n Best final fantasy game FF Ace Cid's Avatar
    I think that Tactics or Seven were the best. They were both enjoyable, and I have played them multiple times, and done everything there is to do on both of them.

Nine and six were good to me to, especially Nine, since that was the first I ever played. Chrono Trigger must be mentioned as well.
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

PM me if you want to become part of my airship riding family, The Red Wings.

darkbokodude
    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    FF9 is definitely the best one.
    Yeah ff9

Vivi is awesome!!

cheapcigarette
    ff 6. kefka is just killer homes.

My vote goes to Tactics and NOT Tactics Advance. Love the Job System and storyline to death.

redwing605
    Final fantasy VI(u.s. Iii), hard choice not even sure if that is my real pick other than that one it could be 8 or 9. I love 7 but its overrated.
    Last edited by redwing605; 03-15-2008 at 07:19 AM.

Mine would just have to be FFX. It was my favorite story, plus Auron was just badass. If Tidus wasn't so fruity, it probably would of been alot better

FFXII was my 2nd favorite. Bad thing was they carbon copyed Yuna to make Lady Ashe. Plus Vaan acted exactly like Tidus. It was kinda the same, xept XII had a longer story (in my opinion)

Y'know, if you were to ask me and not give me any time for consideration, I'd say "Final Fantasy IX ftw!!!" without a second thought... But now I actually come down to reeeeally think about it, I haven't got a clue.

I think, if I had to narrow it down, it'd be between:

FFIV - mainly because of Kain
    FFVI - mainly because of Shadow
    FFIX - mainly because of Amarant
    FFXII - mainly because of Fran

Hooray for kickass moody people!
    "Ignorant dotard. Have you any idea with whom you are dealing?" ~ Theodor 'Golbez' Harvey, Final Fantasy IV

DANIEL DE BOSOLA
    Born 1476 ~ Died 1513

BOSOLA MK 000008
    Born 1989 ~ Died ____

i think the best final fantasy game ever.. is final fantasy VIII ... brave squall and a romantic rinoa.. what more? hehe

um final fantasy 10 fa sho lol

Registered User Best final fantasy game winterborn86's Avatar
    i picked 7. it my fav by a mile. ive only played 7,8,9 an 10 tho

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

i cant beleive that VII and X are the 2 highest, wait yes i can. but in all actuallity to me VI far surpasses them in almost every aspect closely fallowed by IV. sure it doesnt have next gen graphics but it does have the supirior story line, amazingly well developed non-optional characters. kefka is the all time best villian. the espers system was awsome and it has aVERY high replay value.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

moogle person

help

hi!i'm the new guy....moogle person and I need help with the web.

moogle person
    I think ff tactics advance is the best!!!!!

Juniorsmart
    10 and 10-2 is the best !!!.

Gunslinger
    FFVII is the best it has the best storiline, the coolest caracters. best at everything exept grapic

The Lightbringer
    for me.....well its a tie between 4 and 6 they were both so awesome 6 was funny, cute and the music was superb. 4 was the first ever final fantasy i played so i like it for that plus i likes its difficulty =D

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by winterborn86 View Post
    i picked 7. it my fav by a mile. ive only played 7,8,9 an 10 tho
    try 6 its so good as is 4 i recommend them highly

Best final fantasy game Midgar_Minion's Avatar
    I have to go with one... And the reason being because it was the first final fantasy ever made, so if it wasn't for that there wouldn't be final fantasy... Don't get me wrong I still love the story line... definitely a killer game and I'm not even oldschoool
    CoAdY_nAtE

Stage Dives, High Fives. Best final fantasy game Confession's Avatar
    I have 3.

- FF1 Not because it was the first made or anything, I really like playing it. I play it as often as I do the others.

- FFVII I liked the story line, it was a very good game.

And finally FFXII I think it has the worst story line, but ABSOLUTELY everything else in this game is amazing, except for Vaan, he is a tool. Amazing battle system.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

vince
    mine is FF7 i was going to pick FF7 but no

I just realized I voted in this thread a long time ago. That was back when I was obsessed with Final Fantasy VII from Advent Children and all that stuff. Then, I beat Final Fantasy X, and decided I liked it more. (Haha, I'm so fickle.) Both have good stories, but seeing as the only times I got to play VII were when I borrowed it, I never got to really get into it. Because of that, X takes tops for me.

Best final fantasy game Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's Hands Down

In my opinion, FFVII will ALWAYS be the best in my mind. Why?

1. It had an arrange of characters that at least ONE person could relate to.
    2. Had the most copies sold for the PS under Grand Turismo (And yes, I surfed this up).
    3. It sold over 1 mil in copies over at Japan in 3 days....... ahem -_-;;.....
    4. Took Game of the Year/Best RPG same year it came out.
    5. Revoulutionized RPG's ENTIRELY.

And people STILL say this?

Final Fantasy VII sucked.

I'm not even going to explain my reasons for being in love with this masterpiece. Lemme just leave ya'll with this..... what if Final Fantasy 7 wasn't brought to the US? Or for that manner, even made? Where would Square Enix. be now? That'll give ya'll sumthin to contemplate about.

Oh yeah, 2nd FFIV, 3rd FFVIII (I'm not into that luvey dovey BS like dat)
    Last edited by Secret Weapon; 06-28-2008 at 11:44 PM.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast