Thread: Best FF to stream live?

Best FF to stream live?

I have no opinion of this. I don't own anything past FF9...

Which FF would you watch someone stream? Is there one that the community kind of agrees that is the most fun to actually watch someone play and react to?

I mean...FF1 can be kind of grindish. FF2 and 3, almost moreso...

FF4-9 are alright, but 5 can be a bit dry to watch...visually, it did not really prioritize compared to the other games in the series. Mostly, it focuses on being a complex game that you can customize how you want to play.

FF8 can be the same way, but for different reasons...it's almost too experimental to really be watchable. Playable, yes, but I don't know why anyone would want to watch me Card every dang enemy in the game I could and Draw 100 Fires from a Bite Bug.
    (edit: Well, the PC version has cheats built in for that purpose I suppose)

What do you guys think?
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Consistently Average Best FF to stream live? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I would enjoy watching XII being played. Seeing how the player chooses their party, the gear and spells they use, gambits etc. Going from A to B is still pretty interesting in the game there's always loot to steal or chain off dead enemies and stuff like rare enemies and boss battles... damn I can't wait for the remake of this to come out this year.

As for older games I'm not too sure. There's got to be enough going on in the game so that I'm not just watching people do the same things over and over. Although i think a lot of it has to do with the player. If you're engaging enough to make a mundane game interesting it doesn't matter what it is imo.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Bananarama Best FF to stream live? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd say 8. It's the easiest to grind and theres plenty to talk about while you play
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I only tried 12 once...I frankly didn't care for, as Ben "yahtzee" Croshaw once said the "angsty retreaded drama" (he was speaking of the next game in the main series but the Imperial Officer steps on Vaan's flower? Come on).

I just...blerg...didn't care for the thing. It is deep into the heart of the place where the series had started to get up its own arse when it came to being "true art" and stuff...I dunno. People genuinely seem to like each game that comes out, it's almost as though ranking them in a way that there'd be any consensus on would be futile in the extreme! The thing drives me bonkers...

But man, what a great soundtrack generally every single game in the series has. No joke.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

FF12 was good on the 2nd playthrough.

Is it angst drama? I had something for that but remembered it was by yahtzee who isn't funny and has horrible taste in anything, but thats for other threads.

Can't say a game is bad if you only played 35% of the game.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy Best FF to stream live? Rowan's Avatar
    Id say stream XIII. Streaming it is not much different to playing it yourself.

Go with X, its the only good one after IX

Removing XII from the above opinion though, as i plan to replay it when the remaster is out to re-evaluate my opinion of it as a result of the backlash i get from slating it around here

Boxer of the Galaxy Best FF to stream live? Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Go with X, its the only good one after IX

Removing XII from the above opinion though, as i plan to replay it when the remaster is out to re-evaluate my opinion of it as a result of the backlash i get from slating it around here
    I played the IZJS version of XII with the fan translation patch a little over a year ago, and it was far better than the original in terms of combat (tieing specific jobs to specific characters) and overall balance changes. The world is vast, the quests are interesting and rewards are very fruitful and with the remaster, the graphics will look very pretty.

Cons; characters are lackluster and story is average. Music is hit and miss. Some great tracks, some forgettable. Definitely worth giving another shot.