Thread: Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses)

I will save the world Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses) Hero without a Name's Avatar

Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses)

Depending on where your from, you may of heard of the term "Boss" around. Though it does mean the person you work for, or a video game boss. I'm using the term "boss" as one of those awesome people. The ones that walk the walk, talk the talk doesn't really matter who you are and get the job done. Like a boss!

There are many characters in Final Fantasy that fill this description, but who is the "bossiest" of all characters in Final Fantasy....in my opinion I would go with everyone's favorite pilot. Cid Highwind from Final Fantasy 7

Why Cid? That's an excellent question. For starters, he's a tough talking man "Sit down and drink YOUR GODDAMN TEA!!!", he doesn't really care who you care, he's physically one of the strongest people in the game and he can fly a ship which is also pretty cool too. Bottom line is, few match up to the awesomeness of Cid Highwind, therefore IMO he is the biggest "boss" in Final Fantasy.

Though I'm curious to know what you folks think. Whose the biggest boss in Final Fantasy? Shadow? Kain? Cloud? Write below, let me know and make your case heard!
    Last edited by Hero without a Name; 09-08-2011 at 02:18 AM.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Registered User Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses) i.aM.BlissKaZE's Avatar
    Far beyond the Sundown, Far beyond the Moonlight...

Re: Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses)

Genesis.

I know he probably counts as an actual BOSS if you've played Crisis Core, but I never really saw his as an MC of FF7. He's poetic, he's got the outfit, the sword, and the gift of the Goddess. It's never really revealed why he hated Shinra, but he was certainly the trendsetter before Sephy and he has the ability to transplant his DNA, unlike any other SOLDIERS. Which means he's everywhere. Even the ppl on his side get a slice of Genesis.

If I can't have Genesis because he actually is a 'boss' XD It'd have to be Vincent or Yazoo. I digress XD
    Ever wondered what happened to the Remnants? Was Yazoo ur fave character from FF7? Read my FanFiction @ http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7302433/...er_Had_A_Story

Sig by The Fallen Angel24

I will save the world Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses) Hero without a Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by i.aM.BlissKaZE View Post
    Genesis.

I know he probably counts as an actual BOSS if you've played Crisis Core, but I never really saw his as an MC of FF7. He's poetic, he's got the outfit, the sword, and the gift of the Goddess. It's never really revealed why he hated Shinra, but he was certainly the trendsetter before Sephy and he has the ability to transplant his DNA, unlike any other SOLDIERS. Which means he's everywhere. Even the ppl on his side get a slice of Genesis.

If I can't have Genesis because he actually is a 'boss' XD It'd have to be Vincent or Yazoo. I digress XD
    The bossiest character can be an actual boss in the game, I just don't want people to list their favorite bosses unless they're cool. You're good!

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Registered User Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses) i.aM.BlissKaZE's Avatar
    Far beyond the Sundown, Far beyond the Moonlight...

Why thankyou

I'm new here. From what I gather, the most I post, the more Gil I get. I don't know exactly what that means, but I'm guessing this is all one big RPG and it buys something XD Care to adopt?

Btw, read my story its good, I promise link in the sig...
    Ever wondered what happened to the Remnants? Was Yazoo ur fave character from FF7? Read my FanFiction @ http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7302433/...er_Had_A_Story

Sig by The Fallen Angel24

I'd have to cast my vote for Cid Highwind, the bossiest boss of FFVII. Barrett would have had this role, but unfortunately once Cid showed up, Barrett became largely irrelevant which is kinda sad

Everything about Cid is hardcore - his foul language, his angry mood, the way he abuses his wife and crew members...this man DEMANDS respect. And if you don't give it to him, well.....i think you all know what will happen
    Last edited by The_Dream_Recluse; 09-08-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

This might sound weird, but I always found Exdeath from FFV to be really, really cool. Maybe it's the whole tree thing. I'm a fan of quirky games (as I am a huge Earthbound/Mother fan) which may be why I like him so much.

I would also add Sephiroth. Everytime he appeared on screen, I always got a chill down my spine.
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

I'm gonna have to go with Rude from the Turks. That guy is just a big blue suit full o' cool. He always keeps his composure no matter what the situation, is a consumate professional, polite and unassuming, yet when push comes to shove, he's not afraid of getting into a fight...with his fists! He's such a boss that he doesn't even need a weapon! Rude all the way

Sir Fratley in FFIX. Dude kicks ass and takes names.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Everyone needs a savior Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses) the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now iv looked here over and over again tryin to think of who the boss is,, i cant choose one not just one. but i do have a few choices,, top 10 not in any sort of order (be aware a few of these choices are actually bosses in the game)

1.Kuja-yes he is a real boss in the game just like blisskaze put genesis but kuja is the shit, even though he wears a man thong suit he still runs shit and he is still pretty much the bomb

now the next few may be a little off maybe not but i literally just got done watching advent children like 10 minutes ago.

2. Rufus Shinra, dudes got balls first of all he is the president of the company that basically runs the world, not the whole world i guess but everywhere except midgar and the golden saucer dont got much to run, secondly part from FFVII right after the fight with Cloud just straight up james bonds out of there hangin by the heli and third he move in AC throwin jenova off then blowin up that building----EPIC

3. Cid Highwind,, definetly top 3 maybe even number 1 especially i just got done watchin that movie, totally love his accent in there, dude wields a spear just like the spartans did, bonus points, dude is a pilot?? that says it all right there and pilots get women, cid is definatly a boss

4. Cloud-obvious i use to not like cloud so much you can find posts of mine puttin him down but i recently finished crisis core again, replayed FFVII and watched AC all in the last few months and i think my opinion on the guy has changed quite a bit, definetly fits that boss type personality imo, plus that sword/s hes got in AC is totally the shit, and the way he handles the motorcycle is pure art

5. Auron-strong, enlightining, baddass huge sword, not to mention DEAD but still he fought sin twice and also was its friend?? so imo that gives him a spot right there,,, being "friends" with the one thing that causes the most havoc in all of spira, thats enough for me

6. Jecht- another actual boss,, totally awesome first of all you gotta be good to perfect the jecht shot (sorry tidus your one of my favorite but you dont make the list) there are not many people out there who would willingly sacrifice themselves knowing what they were headin into like jecht did,, blitzball is a total badass sport and also the concietedness of his full chest tattoo, BOSS.

7. Blank- i think alot of people over look blank and general population love blank,, not much about him in the game from what i remember i havent played IX in bit defientaly would have been cool if he were to been a full time playable character

8. this one may be a bit odd but BAHAMUT dude is in pretty much every single game i believe it is 9 of the mainstreams and in VII he has 3 different forms, the only summon that shows up more then Bahamut is my next and only other choice for a summon

9. Shiva-cold as ice and dead sexy especially in VIII and X she is the pinicle of female greatness and my favorite summon to ever be introduced to the FF series she appears in every FF from III-XIII except for XII (XIII of coarse being the shiva sisters) shiva is sexy and has power and thats good enough for me

10. My only other female along with Shiva and that is one of her summoners...which one do you ask??... Yuna,, i know you may all think im crazy for this after you see my honorble mentions but she barley slipped in in her skimpy gunner outfit,, the first half of FFX not even an honorble mention but she has alot of growth after she learns about seymours truth. EX: She marries him to try to send him, then jumps off that tower, and then BOOM theres her aeon,,, EPIC.. also the way she stands up to seymour at macalania temple, the way she stands up to yunalesca at the dome, the way she has the courage to fight her own aeons. the scene that put here up there for me the most was her opening scene of X-2 not the singing but when she shows up out of no were guns a blazin.

i know i kinda rambled on this post but my hopes were to get this thread goin a little more maybe give some people some ideas becaue i would like to here what other people have to think

Honorable Mentions include:
    Beatrix, Zidane, Amarant, Red XIII, Barret, Reno and Rude, Tseng, Zack, Sephiroth, Genisis, Squall, Zell, laguna, Seifer, Griever, Kimahri, Snow, lightning, Kain

As you can obviously see this is really sided towards newer games basically only VII-X with the exception of Snow, Lightning, and Kain. i have never played any game earlier then VII Although i have started I so please dont hate i get it (kain just seems like an obvious choice the way he is in dissidia)
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Difficult question to answer as there is a large number of these so called 'bosses' and again it is also a very opinionated question. However I do have a few. FF games in general I am a main character person. However in FFX I love to hate Seymour (Cool looking and evil bastard but portrayed that way perfectly!) and in X-2 I just think that Gippal absolutely rocks I think he is just the epiphany of cool!!!

Everyone needs a savior Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses) the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

gippel was pretty cool as was nooj and the other guy forget his name starts with a b, they all were pretty cool

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Chief Inspiring Officer Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses) Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the_savior21 View Post
    gippel was pretty cool as was nooj and the other guy forget his name starts with a b, they all were pretty cool
    Being one of the sole surviving members of my gaming family who made it past the beginning cut scene and went on to win that game, I'd have to say every guy in it could have used a serious makeover and attitude adjustments. But to each his own. Anyhow, favorite boss? Other than the obvious insane Sephiroth, Ultimecia. Creepy AND hard to beat. Not to mention she's got that eerie sway over people...

Quote Originally Posted by cyanosuke View Post
    Being one of the sole surviving members of my gaming family who made it past the beginning cut scene and went on to win that game, I'd have to say every guy in it could have used a serious makeover and attitude adjustments. But to each his own. Anyhow, favorite boss? Other than the obvious insane Sephiroth, Ultimecia. Creepy AND hard to beat. Not to mention she's got that eerie sway over people...
    Just for the record, this is not favorite boss, please read the description in the beginning.

My TFF Family

Chief Inspiring Officer Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses) Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hero without a Name View Post
    Just for the record, this is not favorite boss, please read the description in the beginning.
    I am exceedingly sorry. I meant to say, My "preferred" boss. Thank you for correcting me.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

This message is for savior21. The guys name beggining with B is Baralai the Praetor of New Yevon and I personally I think he is a 'twat' sorry!!!

Baralia was kind of a douche, Gippal was a total boss for sure!

My TFF Family

Boxer of the Galaxy Best "Boss" In Final Fantasy (not actual bosses) Rowan's Avatar

Sephiroth without a doubt. The power of friendship is what defeated sephiroth, twice! Imagine if sephiroth had that?

Blog Entries
    Haha a twat lol i guess he is kind of a douche but still he's ok i guess to each his own

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII