Thread: The all-purpose thread of FF Type-0! story, gameplay, thoughts, impressions, theories, etc

Certified tech, come at me! The all-purpose thread of FF Type-0! story, gameplay, thoughts, impressions, theories, etc SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The all-purpose thread of FF Type-0! story, gameplay, thoughts, impressions, theories, etc

Hi everyone! Have you had the opportunity to pick up Final Fantasy Type-0 either physically or by digital download? I have decided to make a general thread about everything related to Type-0 and future entries for this spin-off series. If you have played Type-0, what are your thoughts on the storyline of the game? do you like the character development? how do you feel about the gameplay? are you interested in future entries of this particular game series?

If you haven't played Type-0, what are your impressions of the game? is this a game you are interested in? That is pretty much all the questions I have about both sides.

To begin, I have played Type-0 and my thoughts of the storyline are that, first off, I love the war-type military setting that FFVIII had. I like the idea of academies, trainees, cadets and that the game is about a special type of force striking back at the empire. Some of it sounds kinda cheesy though to be honest, the whole thing about "When nine and nine meets nine" is an example that comes to mind. It's probably just the name that bugs me when that part of the prophecy is mentioned.

Character development, imo, is good in some points, and not so great in others. Some of the characters, when they speak, do not give off much emotion and expression, while others give off some emotion and expression when they talk. It's a weird balance between the two.

Last but not least, I absolutely enjoy the gameplay. The battle system is addicting, the game allows you to traverse a world map, you get into random battles, and in certain battles, the the game gives you an opportunity to either stay and fight more enemies in the field or retreat. When you choose to fight, you get to fight stronger enemies, which may help you get better spoils from the enemies and farming exp while you're at it.

In summary, I really enjoy Type-0 for what it is, the exploration and the gameplay really immerses me when it comes to presentation. There is so much to do and there is a bunch of customization since you have 14 characters to work with, build up, and equip, and there are many events.

So, what are your thoughts about the game and anything you'd like to discuss, feel free to discuss anything about the game since this is the place to do it
    Currently Playing:

I need to play this but I read about a World Map much like what we know and love and that got me looking into it more.

Edit: I really want the PSP English version if they do one.
    Last edited by loaf; 03-20-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Quiet One The all-purpose thread of FF Type-0! story, gameplay, thoughts, impressions, theories, etc Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I'm loving the game. I picked up the collector's edition. And I got so excited the moment I saw there was a world map. And there are hidden things to find on the world map, they'll call them out and sort of give you a general idea, yeah there's some cave over that way. But you can go off and look for it, they don't mark it out for you. And the side missions where you're doing a sort of RTS/old-school DOTA thing is so much fun. I want to play more of that. And I love all of the variety for the characters and how they fight, though I really need to get used to their styles. Learning 14 character with completely unique combat styles is a very daunting task. But I'm already suck into the game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy The all-purpose thread of FF Type-0! story, gameplay, thoughts, impressions, theories, etc Rowan's Avatar
    loving it at the moment, but im struggling to find an effective way to pass time between missions. Not quite sure what to do.

The Quiet One The all-purpose thread of FF Type-0! story, gameplay, thoughts, impressions, theories, etc Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've been running into that as well. I complete all of the talking points and then are left with side quests that'll eat up 6 hours. I've tried the Expert Trials but they keep killing me pretty hard.

Boxer of the Galaxy The all-purpose thread of FF Type-0! story, gameplay, thoughts, impressions, theories, etc Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Yeah, I've been running into that as well. I complete all of the talking points and then are left with side quests that'll eat up 6 hours. I've tried the Expert Trials but they keep killing me pretty hard.
    The arena is really hard too. Being alone versing enemies and no decent way of healing is also very hard. Did you find that to be the case also?

Right now my main is cater. She is super fast and lands them crits easily. Also do you know if there are many alternate outfits for the characters? So far landing 30 killshots with any character unlocks the summer wear, but thats all I know.

Blog Entries
    Yeah the arena's are rough and they scale the enemies to your level, so I don't think you can over level it either. You just have to be really skilled. I was able to get pretty far I think on Rem and Ace.

I know there are at least two outfits, because there is supposed to be that gold uniform available as well. But I haven't unlocked it yet. I main Rem, Ace and King, but they're 40s now. So I have other characters doing the maining, since I don't want to make the game cheap. I only did it so I could actually try to enjoy the Expert Trials, which are too out leveled for you.

Certified tech, come at me! The all-purpose thread of FF Type-0! story, gameplay, thoughts, impressions, theories, etc SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm currently at chapter 3 in the story, I'm enjoying the game, the story, and the atmosphere, however the battles do tend to get repetitive at times but at the same time, I'm still drawn to them. I think its due to the fast-paced hack and slash sort of feel the battles give off, but I know not all enemies are as simple as hack and slash types. I'm planning to mainly focus getting through the story and doing any of the available sidequests at that point. I have done the ones that require items that I already ended up having in my inventory, ones where you have to battle enemies, and ones where you need to perform certain actions in the battle.

Ace is my most used character, and I've been making sure to level up other characters in the process too. I've picked up a lot of achievements just from all the fighting I've been doing, and got some from some of the missions I've taken on so far. My most notable accomplishment is that I've unlocked the magician's deck for Ace. To unlock weapons in the game, you need to keep doing killstrikes. You can get exp doubling weapons by dealing 300 killstrikes with whatever cadet you decide to use. Protip: just killstrike every enemy you encounter during the mission if you want the good stuff, oh and tackle the SOs if you can as well.

One last thing I have to add, there was a place in Torgoreth that looked a lot like the northern crater from FFVII, that big hole in the ground with the red mist, you know what i'm referring to right?
    Currently Playing:

I want to play a game. The all-purpose thread of FF Type-0! story, gameplay, thoughts, impressions, theories, etc Zargabaath's Avatar
    So I have question for those more experienced in the game. I am trying to figure out Queen's Riposte Slash II. Where Queen "fires a magic shots after a Riposte Slash by returning left analog stick to center. Perhaps I am not timing it right but as she is jumping back I bring the left stick to center and nothing appears to happen. When I hold down during the jump she does what appears to be a wind spell but it is right in front of her, too far from the enemy to be useful. So is my timing off or is it that I can use any spells equipped on her after returning the stick to center and not a spell tied to Riposte Slash II?

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    I finally finished the Type-0 game last night and here are my overall thoughts. This game is amazing storyline wise, square did a very good job keeping things interesting. There were plenty of things to do in the game to add to the gameplay, I liked being able to experience different playable characters and see how I can strengthen them and learn how to use them better. The soundtrack is amazing, it really fits in well to the game's atmosphere. The game's replay value does exist, It encourages you to go back and do sidequests you weren't able to pick up on because you were too weak to attempt them beforehand and there are also different endings to the game.

I think I'm ready for this to become a series, and I would love to get my hands on that F2P agito. 10/10 would type-0 again.
    Currently Playing: