Thread: Airships

Airships

Do you wish they would bring back Airships in the Final Fantasy series? The last one we got was in 9... I don't know about you but I LOVED getting 3/4 of the way through the game and then getting my airship that i can cruise around anywhere with. It really put a bad taste in my mouth for the series when they stopped adding them in.

Re: Airships

So apparently Fahrenheit and Celsius from FFX aren't airships, the "airship" from XI isn't an airship apparently, and all those flying things in XII aren't airships, Balthier must have walk everywhere.

Now I know what you mean, IX killed the Control your Airship/World Map. Bring that back? Yeah sure whatever, I don't care what they do with the series.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Airships Locke4God's Avatar

LOAF you know what he means,,, he means an airship you can fly yourself and control, not the point and click on a map thing that exists in 10 & 12, and

YES - I wish for a return to the overworld map you can fly over as in all of the pre-10 games in the series.

I want to play a game. Airships Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    LOAF you know what he means,,, he means an airship you can fly yourself and control, not the point and click on a map thing that exists in 10 & 12, and...
    I think Loaf knows since he said this 3 hours before you (though I think he means X since the player controls the airship in IX):

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Now I know what you mean, IX killed the Control your Airship/World Map. Bring that back? Yeah sure whatever, I don't care what they do with the series.

I'm good with whatever. A good Final Fantasy experience is not dependent on a controllable airship for me. But if they did bring it back I would want there to be quite a few areas that are only accessible by the airship, secret side-quest stuff that way it gives more value to controlling the airship besides flying over the world exploring nothing but fields.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User Airships

FF Versus XIII is supposed to have a player-controlled airship in the game, among other vehicles, or so I've heard a while back. Hasn't been much news on that since then.

I'm mixed on opinion about the airships. In a way, yeah, it was cool to fly around the world, but in my recent playthrough of FF VI, I kind of got aggravated with trying to find the towns I needed to get to. I was lost for the longest time looking for Narshe after getting the airship Blackjack, and just wished I could select the town on the map and just GO THERE. FF VIII was cool about that. You had the option to do both. ^^ I think you could do that with FF IX too... I'm not sure though, been a while since I've played it.

So yeah, I'm cool with whatever too.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I've just always loved exploring the world from an airship or something like that. flying around landing in random places, seeing what level mobs are there... fun stuff like that. plus i like how you can actually go back and see the content that you passed when you have an airship. like in 7 you can fly right back to midgar and visit all the local towns. In 9 you can fly all the way back to the icy caverns and the petrified forest...

But in 13, you can't go back once you progress. It's just kinda sad. I mean i understand some parts you can't go back to, of course. but not all.