Thread: The Ability To Summon

The Ability To Summon

No this isn't a 'which summon is your favourite' thread ^~. No worries. <3

My question to you fellow members of TFF is... do you prefer is in a Final Fantasy game where only one or selected party members who can summon creatures...

OR

When in the game all characters are able to call upon a summon.

I don't believe there is a thread like this already - my apologies if there is.

For me... I think I like it when you can equip more than one with the ability to summon. Then I'm almost sure to abuse the power. Not that I object to just one summoner etc, but it's more... what's the word... confined? No that's not the word I know but whatever

Of course with everyone being able to summon can make it OP (like in FFVIII there was a phase where it was just GF command GF command GF command... but now I play different xD).

Also... Which do you prefer? A summon just using a single attack - like their overdrive by default... or when you can control the summon and build up it's own overdrive?

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Lord Deity of Harmony The Ability To Summon Elyon Seraphim's Avatar
    I perfer the summons of FFX i mean... is it not cool of controling your summon instead of seening it appear, attack and gets away? Yes! I LOVE the FFX summoning style!
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

Dude, why are you double posting... and spamming? ><

I think I prefer it when everyone can summon, like in VII and VIII. It can be a good advantage but I suppose you overuse them then. I hardly use Summons in VII but in VIII I relied on them for the first half of the game.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

Shake it like a polaroid picture The Ability To Summon RagnaToad's Avatar
    I never liked Summons actually. They take up too much time for the damage they inflict, but they are a great way to fully heal in Final Fantasy IX with Auto-Regen.

I never understood why people used Summons when they could inflict the same amount of damage (or more) without it.

I haven't played Final Fantasy X yet though, so I'm not sure how powerful summons are compared to other skills.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Lord Deity of Harmony The Ability To Summon Elyon Seraphim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Chocobo View Post
    Dude, why are you double posting... and spamming? ><

I think I prefer it when everyone can summon, like in VII and VIII. It can be a good advantage but I suppose you overuse them then. I hardly use Summons in VII but in VIII I relied on them for the first half of the game.
    Opps! The computer got mucked up! I was thinking to post BTW first post on the first pot i made but turned up to make another... Opps!!
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Ability To Summon Xanatos's Avatar
    Well I don't like when all my characters can use summon.It makes battles sometimes way to easy like in FF VII.I think that there should be one or two summoners in game.
    I totally agree with RagnaToad why should I use summon when I can deal way more damage with my characters.A great example for that is FF VIII.But despite of that sometimes summons can be very useful like Phoenix or Cranbuckle.
    I haven't played FF X so I don't know anything about summon system in that game.But I have seen some videos and it looks really interesting.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 06-20-2009 at 07:13 AM.

The Original Moogle Knight The Ability To Summon coombsy1989's Avatar
    I generally only like one character summoning. The way I see it summoning has always been either a forgotten or a lost art in many of the FF games. If not that then it's usually an exclusive ability. However in the worlds of FFVI, FFVII and FFVIII summoning isn't so rare so that's ok. I dunno really. I really enjoyed the summoning style in FFX just because it meant you had to think strategically a little bit more.

The Ability To Summon V_Translanka's Avatar
    I think it depends entirely on the storyline...In VI and VIII especially it made sense that everyone could use Summons. Though it's sort of nice to have a specialized Summoner, in the end, it's just fancy looking Magic...

All is One.One is All. The Ability To Summon Firefly's Avatar
    I actually liked the way FFX did the summoning,
    Last edited by Firefly; 07-03-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Tsuna Feesh The Ability To Summon Fate's Avatar
    I like when all characters can summon lots of monsters much better. I'm usually very picky about my characters, and I love summoning, so it allows me to have my favorite characters be able to summon. Also, I like having a good variety of summons, not just one summon per person like in FFVI where they just fade away after one use and become unavailable until after battle.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

I think I prefer the ability to equip a summon,its just more versatile.

I enjoy the overdrive by default because to try and keep a summon alive is quite dificult for me(like in FF10 or FF12)those are good examples.

I think I prefer the ability to equip a summon to anyone,its just more versatile.

I enjoy the overdrive by default because to try and keep a summon alive is quite dificult for me(like in FF10 or FF12)those are good examples.

Uhmmm yeah it double posted on accident so if someone can take care of that then I would appreciate it.