Thread: 3ds

3ds

Okay, so 3D may or may not be a gimmick, but Ninny found a way to do it w/o looking like a douchebag from teh future as seen in early 90's movies (the next bit of tech will require dayglow, just you wait)...Well, it only served to make me think of how 1) the DS was already a great RPG system and 2) now we can finally get a FFVI remake...! If it doesn't happen, I'm predicting Kefka-style chaos in the streets! C'mon, SE, I wanna see the Light of Judgement totally **** the planet in 3D. How about you?

And, yes, I am perfectly willing to allow them to skip FFV for now...but god help me, if they somehow skip both of them and go to that damn FFVII remake...!

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: 3ds

A 3D FFVI would be epic.
    Even if it isn't made though, Nintendo's piqued my interest with it's offerings of new games in classic franchises. It's a must buy for me as I know I'll want all those high quality exclusives.

And if that Ocarina of Time remake does indeed come out?
    I'll likely be unreachable for days at the very least.
    victoria aut mors

I want to play a game. 3ds Zargabaath's Avatar

I have thought about FFVI in 3D and I get the feeling that some of the characters' responses would need to be changed otherwise it may look childish and/or stupid; it would take away from the seriousness of the game. Examples would be: where some of the characters slightly break the fourth wall, some of Kefka's shenanigans, plus the characters' surprised look.

I have said that I would like at least a graphical update on FFV and FFVI whether that be like FFIII DS & FFIV DS or with the new 3D technology.

Quote Originally Posted by V_Translanka View Post
    And, yes, I am perfectly willing to allow them to skip FFV for now...
    I'm not. Gilgamesh in 3D!!

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    I have thought about FFVI in 3D and I get the feeling that some of the characters' responses would need to be changed otherwise it may look childish and/or stupid; it would take away from the seriousness of the game. Examples would be: where some of the characters slightly break the fourth wall, some of Kefka's shenanigans, plus the characters' surprised look.
    That's the big one, IMO. That would be really quite challenging to portray in 3-D.

I also don't want them to skip FFV. That game's job system was far beyond its years (as in, it was and is fantastic), and the first story that I thought actually held some emotion. Galuf's death actually made me feel sad. How could they imporve it? Make a choice death scene. Instead of flickering out of existence, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    I'm not. Gilgamesh in 3D!!
    They had him in FFVI Advance, right?

Anyways, besides the awesome Galuf scene, I always thought that the characters in V fell flat compared to its SNES brethren...but I suppose that could very well be addressed in a remake...but I just don't want to wait any more than I already have for a true FFVI remake.

But anyways, I see the 3DS as being an easy cash-cow for almost every company to just throw their old games back out there in a pack with some light 3D elements...and since Square loves to throw out remakes I'm predicting the upteenth iteration of FFI...IN 3D~!!!

Blog Entries

What I'm really worried about is how the fack are the 3ds emulators going work?? Us poor college students can't really afford to throw money on cool new systems. haha but seriously, engineering a emulator for a 3ds would be a tricky ordeal.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Well, the 3DS has the ability to turn off the 3D aspect so I bet any emulators based on it will just use the turned off mode.