Terin Oric – Rolanberry Fields – The moogles once again have brought the lands of Vana’diel excitement and troubles. Each event that they sponsor they seem to get more creative, this time they have brought the massive Buffalo from its normal habitat of the far Northlands to everyone to experience. Almost every region that was around a town was not spared from their over done excitement.
The event brought the large buffalo, Toro, who the moogles somehow managed to tie a red sash to their horn without getting sent flying themselves. Then told us to get the sash, in which would be rewarded for our efforts by keeping the sash. My own curiosity could not be contained and thus Horwen-Morwen, Qeromna Erumik and myself went out to Rolanberry Fields to begin our adventure.
From the start of the event we were not alone, another party of Tarutaru Black Mages were out running around the hills seeking the elusive buffalo. However, we had an advantage on our side, instead of dividing into areas to try to stubble across Toro, Qeromna used her Wide Scan ability to scan the whole area from one of the tallest hills in Rolanberry. With her directions she watched the buffalo as we closed in on our prey. Horwen’s small size as a Tarutaru and stealth as a Ninja allowed him to sneak up on the buffalo that was slowly walking through the crawler-infested orchards. We did not know what to expect so I gave him a Haste spell and Protection spell to hopefully avoid taking great amounts of damage that he was so prone too. Horwen whisper softly his Utsusemi-Ni, rumors from the adventures in the Northlands were that these beasts were frighteningly strong for their slow speed.
My mind hung over my curative spell well I watched him crawl closely up to the beast. Horwen was so small that he was underneath the beast without it knowing, but when he started to climb up his left leg the buffalo lunged forward charging madly through the whole length of the orchard until turning around. The buffalo had his scent and Horwen bravely stood amidst the foliage and a crawler that almost ran him over. The Tarutaru let out a high pitched battle cry wielding with deadly speed his Katanas that came unsheathed in moments. The two charged directly at each other and being the brave ninja took the challenge of playing Chocobo with a five-ton buffalo charging out him. He had his shadows ready to dodge the attack and spun around to deliver a twice fold attach upon the beasts ankles. But to his surprise the buffalo hit him square in the stomach with the top of his head sending the Tarutaru flying across the sky disappearing in what we could only believe to be what seemed to be a warp spell. Horwen would sometimes carry an instant warp scroll with him, but the time was too fast to and sudden for him to chant. It could only mean that the buffalo had the ability to cast warp on those he hit with his head.
When Horwen came to he shouted back to us through the party shell, “Huh, whataru am I doing here?” he was in Windurst Waters, completely puzzled because he knew his home point crystal was in Lower Jeuno. We all had an odd moment of silence while he warped back to Jeuno and reach Rolanberry once again.
We knew that we needed to a new strategy this time, gathered together on the hill with Qeromna we decided since I was the fastest runner I would cast my strongest spell on it, a level three Blizzard spell and run towards them. While both Horwen and Qerumna would launched an ranged attack on the beast, the spell should anger it enough to follow even during their assault we figured.
The plan went into action as Qerumna found Toro again and I nerviously approached this beast. Even me being a Hume I was dwarfed by the size of the creature. Qerumna cheered me on from her hill, “You can do it Terrrrin!”
Though Horwen was laughing saying, “Your tail-wail seems scarey-warey.” But while they exchanged words, I began to whisper my blizzard spell casting it on the beast and when I say it was not happy, I really mean it. That buffalo came running at me so fast my legs could not move and suddenly I found myself looking at the Ducal Guard in Ru’Lude Gardens.
Well needless to say I was confused, my home point was Port Jeuno, but I ran down the long stairs to Lower Jeuno and through the crowded streets of the Auction House and Bazaars to reach Rolanberry again. We decided that I should be farther away this time to get a running start, I had experienced the attack first hand now, I was not shaking as hard as I was the last time and I cast my spell on the beast again. My legs started running the moment I could change my concentration and I was off, unfortunately Horwen was yelling at me that I was going the wrong way. Carefully I corrected myself over the course of a minute covering what seemed like half of the fields before finally seeing Qerumna on the hill. But I could hear the snorting of the buffalo behind me wanting to hit me again. I started running faster as though I was a Thief fleeing the scene, Horwen launched an attack with a shuriken on the buffalo when I heard the noise change and a squeal of a Tarutaru. Horwen was went flying back to Jeuno, I stopped but I quickly found myself in Bastok.
Qerumna had been about to release her bow when she realized what happened and stopped knowing that she would only be sent away as well. Meeting back in Rolanberry once again, we were feeling the fatigue and annoyance by being mocked by the moogles. We were determined to beat this thing, we knew that it had several good hits on it already and must be weakened, though when we found it, if it was weakened it was showing any signs of fatigue, even though parts of its fur was still frozen. We started up the same plan again, but they were going to keep more distance hoping to launch attacks consecutively to send the buffalo changing targets confused. I started the attack again and brought it towards them, I was beginning to get a handle on this pulling and from the furthest distance Quremna opened a fire on the buffalo and then when it came close to her, Horwen sent a Shuriken flying hitting it in the rear making it very angry. Then I followed up with my blizzard spell again quickly knowing that it would be on him if I did not start now. The beast was almost on me with Qerumna used a barrage of arrows on it inflicted considerable damage and then we all emptied everything on it we had, the thing had stamina. I was out of magic strength quick while Qerumna was emptying her quiver into the beast with almost no affect it seemed, while Horwen bravely cast Ninjutsu and Shurikens on the buffalo.
We were sweating, almost ready to fall down and the buffalo was still charging around trying to hit us and I had it. In a burst of rage, my refresh ended bringing back my strength and I started to rapidly casting one spell I knew after another creating a chain of spells that seemed to never end and then a streaking beam came from Qerumna’s bow as she launched her strongest, most focused attack striking the beast in the neck bringing it down to it knees as it slid right to my feet. The dirt kicked up in the air, I coughed falling down trying to catch my breath, when I noticed a bright red sash on the ground. There was three there I could see, maybe even more, but I called Qerumna and Horwen over quickly to see this.
We tied the sashes around our waists in pride and walked back to Jeuno to rest, when we found several Quadav’s chasing us attracted by the red.

Editor’s Notes : We apologize for the lack of professionalism-wessionalism and writing form from our reporters in the field-wield and have sentaru them to Behemoth’s Dominion for research.