Thread: Tactics A and A2

Don't bash it till you've tried it Tactics A and A2 MILK's Avatar

Tactics A and A2

im a huge fan of the origional final fantasy tactics and i am going to buy WOTL too and play on my vacation....I was just wondering if the story of the gameboy versions had anything to do with the others and how good of a play are they?

My TFF Family

My annoying, random, and video game-addicted cousin Ralz

My gunslinging, chicken obsessed younger brother H.U.N.K

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Tactics A and A2 Treize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Cid View Post
    im a huge fan of the origional final fantasy tactics and i am going to buy WOTL too and play on my vacation....I was just wondering if the story of the gameboy versions had anything to do with the others and how good of a play are they?
    I'm pretty sure that neither of the stories are connected to the original Final Fantasy Tactics. Personally, I didn't like their stories as much as the original, but the battle systems are pretty good. I thought they were pretty good strategy RPGs, but the stories could have been improved.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

well i understand that the stories wouldnt be connected..just like most final fantasies....ill probably buy them no matter what i just have to break out the old gameboy cause never wanted a DS....btw are they taking place in Ivalice?

My TFF Family

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Tactics A and A2 Treize's Avatar
    It sort of takes place in Ivalice. Once you start playing, you will find out. It is part of its weird story.

Also Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is for the DS, so you won't be able to play it on a gameboy.

You will probably like the games, but I don't think they are as good as the original.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

well ill probably either try to buy a used DS or borrow it from a sibling for awhile if they let me then....thanks and if its a tactics game ill probably love it

My TFF Family

Registered User Tactics A and A2 HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As Squall333 said, its in Ivalice but its compleatly different stories.

If you want to get technical, its between the story of FFT and FFXII. It has the judges from Final Fantasy XII but its still a tactics game. I thought it was alright but you may not like it.

Compared to Tactics, its a tad Childish.
    (
    Spoiler:
    I've never played FFTA2 but if you do and then play war of the lions you can unlock the main charecter from A2 Luso. It will probably impress you more since you will have seen him before.

)