View Poll Results: In your opinion, which game is better: FFT or FFT:A?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like FFT better, but I've never played FFT:A.

17 11.18%
  • I like FFT:A better, but I've never played FFT.

36 23.68%
  • I prefer FFT, and I've played both games.

78 51.32%
  • I prefer FFT:A, and I've played both games.

16 10.53%
  • I like FFT more, even though I've never played it.

3 1.97%
  • I like FFT:A more, even though I've never played it.

2 1.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll

#LOCKE4GOD The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have played FFT, FFTA and FFTA2, and finished them all completely. FFT honestly kicks both of their arses, BIG TIME.

FFT:
    - Had a very good storyline, somewhat cliche, but with enough twists, surprises and interesting characters to keep it moving and interesting.

- Was supremely difficult, and not just in boss battles. Never in a FF of any sort have I died so much when just attempting to engage in casual monster battles. Maybe this just reflects on my skills, but I certainly did not have such difficulties in FFTA or FFTA2 (where i played on hard mode from the outset and was rarely challenged).

There are some negative aspects as well, however. One is FFTA's race system as opposed to FFT's somewhat limited class system. The race system, i felt, was wicked, although the law system often prevented me from bringing members of a certain race... now onto a tangent

Honestly FFTA's law system is terrible. It does not make things more difficult as the whole point of the game is to develop a versatile, adaptive party. These laws just result in frustration. I WANT to use my Bangaa because I want to train them. I can't be expected to remember not to use Fire magic, so don't imprison me because I forgot and because the only third-tier magic my Black Mage has at the moment is Firaga... annoying, and rarely difficult.

I really could go on for days about this. Simply, FFT is a lot better; no childish story, much greater level of difficulty, etc. This is not to say FFTA and FFTA2 are not bad games, but they pale in comparison to FFT, a shining example of what a game should be. However, Tactics Ogre is on par with FFT, but that's a different story.

I will live forever or DIE TRYING! The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll Myst's Avatar
    Well tactics ogre did become made before FFT was, the only bad thing about it (im talking about the original one for the PS1 or the snes, i forget now xD) was that when the characters died, you where given no chance of saving them... Which was slightly annoying -_-"

Antidrall
    Quote Originally Posted by richie789 View Post
    i have played fft, ffta and ffta2, and finished them all completely. Fft honestly kicks both of their arses, big time.

Fft:
    - had a very good storyline, somewhat cliche, but with enough twists, surprises and interesting characters to keep it moving and interesting.

- was supremely difficult, and not just in boss battles. Never in a ff of any sort have i died so much when just attempting to engage in casual monster battles. Maybe this just reflects on my skills, but i certainly did not have such difficulties in ffta or ffta2 (where i played on hard mode from the outset and was rarely challenged).

There are some negative aspects as well, however. One is ffta's race system as opposed to fft's somewhat limited class system. The race system, i felt, was wicked, although the law system often prevented me from bringing members of a certain race... Now onto a tangent :d

honestly ffta's law system is terrible. It does not make things more difficult as the whole point of the game is to develop a versatile, adaptive party. These laws just result in frustration. I want to use my bangaa because i want to train them. I can't be expected to remember not to use fire magic, so don't imprison me because i forgot and because the only third-tier magic my black mage has at the moment is firaga... Annoying, and rarely difficult.

I really could go on for days about this. Simply, fft is a lot better; no childish story, much greater level of difficulty, etc. This is not to say ffta and ffta2 are not bad games, but they pale in comparison to fft, a shining example of what a game should be. However, tactics ogre is on par with fft, but that's a different story.
    look down
    Attached Images Attached Images The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll-forum-comment-6-rated-m-png 

#LOCKE4GOD The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haha nice little cartoon man. I was thinking today, that either Final Fantasy generally attracts people of a higher level of intelligence, or it creates them. I'm not sure which, but I've seen it in a lot of places, TFF being a major contributor (most of the time).

Registered User The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll Jonhy Strikeback's Avatar
    I dont played these final fantasy allready.
    Final fantasy fan.

The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll Ragtime's Avatar
    Playing and completing FFTA felt like a chore because the story wasn't too engaging and the judge system was more irritating than hard. FFT had a much more interest and depth to its story without that darn judge system.

FFT had a much better story....FFTA was a bit more fun to play (not counting the laws) because of the easiness and it was quicker...a battle in FFT could take the beter part of an hour.

★Twilight Vanquisher★ The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll MakotoKin's Avatar
    I would have to say that I honestly prefer Final Fantasy Tactics more then FFTA. I don't exactly know why, I've played both, maybe just because I feel like that's where it began for the FFT series, I'm not quite sure.

combat ready The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll nocht's Avatar
    ive played both but i always enjoy final fantasy tactics much more

I thought that tactics was pretty challenging becaus it had the system where all enemies leveled up with you instead of staying the same level of difficulty. Tactics Advance though had its upsides but if you did all the quests before moving forward in the story it would be too easy in some places.

Registered User The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll Arcane Blaze's Avatar
    Why did they swap Ramza For Marche...RETARDED! Just...Guh... Ramza is much cooler

Registered User The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll Maskie's Avatar

Re: The intelligent FFT vs. FFT:A poll

Honestly I liked both to an extent. Tactics had a better job system. The story was also better. Tactics Advance had too many redundant jobs. I did like the differnt races though. Plus I thought Marche was awesome.

Von Karma is not pleased.

Shikashake2

Surely, my opinion is the same as so many others.

Tactics. By far.

There were a few reasons why I prefer it to it's sequal so much, and many of them are the same ones that seem to come up so much here.

Storyline,plot, and characters: I enjoyed the melodramatic plotline of the original FFT, particularly in the PSP remake, with it's improved dialouge. FFTA's, on the other hand, seems overly dumbed down for the younger audience, and it's characters weren't very interesting, compared to FFT's.

Judge system: In the first FFTA especially, it was quite a hassle, I remeber having to walk around for long periods of time trying to get the right laws, and having to reset when I accidentally entered a battle with the "fight" law in effect earlier on.

Races: I feel that a single race having acces to all classes (other than the Dancer/Bard.) provides a larger level of depth and customizeability.

Difficulty: With the execption of FFTA's final battle, it was very easy, granted you can get around the judge system. If you choose to avoid using Olandu (or before he joins the party) FFT represents a sizeable challenge, at least where RPG's and the Final Fantasy franchise are concerned.

This has been my view of the two of them. FFTA wasn't horrible, but it was rather dissapointing for me.

masamune

I do have to say that both games have there ups and downs. For me I prefer FFT for the PSP system. I've Played FFT:A and yes it was a good game it was like I was Playing a game made for a little kid. I liked How FFT gave me a little more ability to costimize my party. True in both games you change class to class as you see fit and chose what abilitys to learn. But I never Got to name my party members in FFT:A. In FFT with the exception of the group you start with and all the unique characters I got to name them. For me that was a big thing because I like to have a little control of whats going to happen even if just a little.

Koruten

FFT For the Win! FFT:A and FFT:A2 were terrible games, but A2 was better than A and FFT had an amazing storyline, unlike A or A2, which you read a book and teleport (somehow) to Ivalice. Yes, I'm gonna say FFT! (BTW FFT[PSP] was even better!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3