Thread: Calculators! Calculators!

BTBAM

Calculators! Calculators!

So the Calculator class is a very interesting one. The ability to use math to hit (depending on different circumstances) every enemy on the map with a spell or hit every ally on the map with no charge or mp used!
    So let me get to the point I am currently training a Calculator just so i can master the math skill. But the problem I'm having is the fact that their magic attack sucks! Also they are very very and i mean very slow. So leveling them up is very time consuming is there anyway i can raise the speed or exp so this doesn't take hours upon hours (or so i don't have to use Ramza's yell ability like 437589752903 times) any tips or advice would be great!

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Calculators! Calculators! T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Get the Move: Exp Up or Move: JP Up skills (beats me how they're called in the PSP version) Specifically, the M:JPUP skill, since even though it's a small 2-4 JP increase, if you somehow get to move fast, you can exploit it.

Leveling as a Calculator/Arithmetician is not recommended. They have low MP and MA growth rates, and their slow speed is quite notorious. You can level quite easily by first going with Faith for everyone, then going for Haste attempting to target as many of your allies and none or few of your enemies as possible. Afterwards, go and do minor stuff, as using Cure spells, or the Pracle's/Mystic's versions of Sleep and Disable. That should make you useful to the party. If you don't mind, using Accumulate to raise your XP and JP allows you to do something when you already have the battle under control.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

BTBAM
    I didn't want to exactly raise one i just wanted to gain enough JP point to learn all there math skills but they take so long per turn so i usually have to keep one enemy alive while i use the calculator to attack my own units to gain JP but it's such a tedious process

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Calculators! Calculators! T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Hence, the Accumulate suggestion. Or the Mediator's skills: you can effectively use at least a few of them, and almost all of the abilities are useful one way or another. Gained JP Up is definitely a needed choice, as well as Move: JP Up, since you get JP even for moving.

If the problem is the lack of speed, the Sprint Shoes and the Thief's Cap both grant you enough speed (+3 speed, just in case). If your character isn't Ramza, you can use him to net you a few more spells through Yell, and then just make sure you alone can get Haste. Then, wander around and use either Accumulate or Praise/Preach/Threaten/the Faith-lowering move over and over again. You have the added bonus of altering your Brave and Faith levels, which is always a good thing to have (raising Brave levels, lowering the Faith of most characters while raising the Faith of others).
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...: