Thread: WoW movie: holy freaking crap!

Antidrall

WoW movie: holy freaking crap!

I came across the wikipedia page for WoW and found the possibilites of a film adaptation. about halfway through the article, I found something that was so truthful, so righteous, and so gawdamned hilarious that I'm forced to post it on this forum. you may know how I am a huge Anti Uwe Boll activist, so you'll understand why I had to change my pants. here it is:

In May 2006, production company Legendary Pictures acquired film rights to adapt Warcraft for the big screen with the game's publisher, Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard had originally considered hiring a scribe for the film adaptation before teaming up with Legendary Pictures.[8] The companies plan to create a film that will not follow one specific Warcraft game's storyline, but will still take place in the fantasy universe.[14] According to Blizzard's Chief Operating Officer Paul Sams, the film's budget would be over $100 million.[15]

In June 2007, Legendary Pictures chairman Thomas Tull said that the studio was working closely with Blizzard's designers and writers to adapt World of Warcraft. Tull explained the desire to have a good story for the film adaptation, "I think some of the stuff that makes a game translate well... if there's a lore, if there's a road and story and a world that's been created, and characters that are interesting in a way that's more than just point and shoot."[16] World of Warcraft's lead designer Rob Pardo expressed interest in being able to adapt the intellectual property of World of Warcraft to the appropriate medium of the film. He also added that the designers were collaborating with Legendary Pictures on story and script development.[17]

In August 2007, at BlizzCon, it was unveiled that the film will aim for a projected 2009 release. It was also revealed that the movie will take place from an Alliance perspective,with a storyline set one year before the beginning of the World of Warcraft storyline. Also revealed was the $100 million budget. As of this time, no cast are said to be firmly associated with its development. Thomas Tull stated that, "It’s not so much a quest movie. It’s more of a war movie."[18] Blizzard vice president of creative development and co-producer of the movie, Chris Metzen, said at the very same BlizzCon, that they would not make a PG version, stating "We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft."[19]

In August 2008, Blizzard Entertainment co-founder and vice president, Frank Pearce, was asked about the current status of the feature film. He replied briefly:

"I think they're looking to assign a screenwriter and director to it right now... it's still really early."[20]

As of September, 2008, Chris Metzen has been slated to write the film. At Blizzcon that year Metzen and Producers from Legendary Pictures stated the story would revolve around a "Kick Ass Human Character", which would not be Varian Wrynn, the then-unannounced hero of the comic.[21]

On July 22, 2009, it was revealed that Sam Raimi, who is well known for his work on The Evil Dead series and the Spider-Man movies, will be directing the movie. Blizzard Entertainment later confirmed Raimi's attachment to the project.[22]

At one point, director Uwe Boll expressed interest in directing the movie, even going so far as meeting with Paul Sams to pitch ideas, but Blizzard stated in no uncertain terms it wanted nothing to do with Boll, whose movie adaptations of video games routinely landed as among the 100 worst rated and reviewed movies in recent memory. They went on record to say to him, "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you... not ever to you."[23]

In October 2009, production company Legendary Pictures along with Blizzard Entertainment announced that the film's budget would be "Not less than $220 million".

On October 13, 2009, MTV Multiplayer announced that Robert Rodat would be writing the story for the movie. Robert Rodat is best known for his work on Saving Private Ryan and The Patriot.

Early in the 2010 Sony Sony confirmed that Raimi would not direct their next Spider-Man release and on a lot of minds the "Warcraft" was the first project that Sam Raimi would take next. But don't expect Sam Raimi to immediately jump onto his "Warcraft" film just because he pulled out of Spider-Man 4. Robert Rodat's script for the big-screen adaptation may not be ready for him yet, and even if it were, Raimi may have other priorities in mind. "It’s in development," the film's executive producer Robert Tapert said. "We're in the outline/story/script phase."

The Bad Boy of TFF WoW movie: holy freaking crap! Block's Avatar
    Well... as far as a screenwriter is concerned I would say that Rodat does good work. So that makes me happy. Raimi would do a very interesting take on the films, but for me his movies always feel.... surreal? I just leave the movie thinking, "That story felt caged in." That's just me though. On a technical and artistic level Raimi is quite top-notch, he's just not where I would have gone for my fantasy tale.

Che
    What? I thought the movie already came out in theatres and was called "Avatar".

You mean to tell me that movie wasn't about humans race changing to draenei shamans and hunters and going on epic quests to tame their ground and flying mounts?

The Bad Boy of TFF WoW movie: holy freaking crap! Block's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post

You mean to tell me that movie wasn't about humans race changing to draenei shamans and hunters and going on epic quests to tame their ground and flying mounts?
    This message brought to you by:

A proud sponsor of no self-esteem!

Antidrall
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post

I know. I'm surprised too. I couldn't go five minutes of watching that movie without making a WoW joke. "aw, she has epic flying." "Use the tremor totem! Use the tremor totem!" That's what you get for specializing in beast mastery." "Huh, Nagrand has more floating islands than I remember." "NOO! They destroyed the world tree! You damn dirty humans! Quickly! to the middle of the sea! we'll make a new one. It'll be a perfect starting zone for noobs!" the list goes on. some guy in the audience shouted "LEEEROY...JENKIIIINS!!!!" at one point.

TFFF Ghost WoW movie: holy freaking crap! Howling Wind's Avatar

Re: WoW movie: holy freaking crap!

Some of my WoW playing friends will love it. Even if its horrible. I personally don't have anything against the game I just don't have patients for it. I find it to be a waste of my childhood time and my parents have to pay the bill. I prefer games that have a ending myself. But yeah. I saw some clips from Avatar and instantly though "OMG WOW!"

My couch pulls out but I don't. WoW movie: holy freaking crap! midgetbob's Avatar

I saw Avatar and was like, "Oh wow... a really really good looking Fern Gully remake!"

Banned WoW movie: holy freaking crap!

Will the movie include the expansion pack quest cause if it doesn't I'ma be one pissed mofo

Antidrall

I found another entry on this crazy thing known as the internet. this ine was from the blizzard press release:
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    Raimi, acclaimed director of the blockbuster Spider-Man series, will bring the forces of the Horde and the Alliance to life in epic live-action film. Charles Roven's Atlas Entertainment will produce alongside Raimi's Stars Road Entertainment.

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- July 22, 2009 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Sam Raimi has signed on to direct the eagerly-anticipated major motion picture based on Blizzard Entertainment's award-winning Warcraft® universe. Raimi has, in the course of his career, clearly demonstrated a genius for developing and adapting existing fictional universes for mainstream audiences while staying true to the spirit of the original content.

Raimi directed the Spider-Man trilogy, which has broken box-office records around the world and garnered five Academy Award® nominations. Known for his imaginative filmmaking style, richly drawn characters and offbeat humor, Raimi wrote and directed the cult classic, The Evil Dead and produced 30 Days Of Night. He most recently wrote and directed the supernatural thriller, Drag Me To Hell.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," said Raimi. "I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen."

Charles Roven's producing talents were recently seen with last summer's blockbuster The Dark Knight, which grossed in excess of $1 billion, was nominated for eight Academy Awards® and won two. His body of work also includes the widely acclaimed Batman Begins and the sci-fi classic 12 Monkeys. Roven, with Atlas producing partner Alex Gartner, will be producing with Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, Legendary's Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni, Raimi and Raimi's producing partner Joshua Donen. Raimi's partner, Robert Tapert, will be an Executive Producer and Blizzard Entertainment's Senior Vice President of Creative Development, Chris Metzen, a Co-Producer.

"Partnering with Sam Raimi exemplifies Legendary's mandate of marrying the highest quality intellectual property to world-class filmmakers" said Legendary's Tull. "Sam's passion for 'Warcraft' is undeniable and we know that he will create an incredible film worthy of Blizzard's phenomenal franchise. We look forward to collaborating with our partners at Warner Bros. and continuing our successful relationship with Chuck in bringing this rich new world to the screen."

"Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have a shared vision for this film and we searched at length to find the very best director to bring that vision to life," said Paul Sams, chief operating officer of Blizzard Entertainment. "From our first conversation with Sam, we could tell he was the perfect choice. Sam knows how to simultaneously satisfy the enthusiasts and the mainstream audience that might be experiencing that content for the first time. We're looking forward to working with him to achieve that here."

"Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft has become a second home for millions of players and Sam's experience and talent make him the perfect director for this remarkable and action-packed world," said Atlas' Roven. "Alex and I are proud to be working with Sam and re-teaming with our friends at Legendary and Warner Bros."

The film will fall under Legendary Pictures' co-production and co-financing deal with Warner Bros. "Warcraft is emblematic of the kind of branded, event films for which our studio is best known. We have enjoyed great success with our partners at Legendary, and this is an incredible opportunity for us to work with Sam on a project that is so eagerly anticipated by so many," said Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group.

Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe is a rich fantasy setting that revolves around the epic conflict between the opposing forces of the Horde and the Alliance. Since its debut in 1994, Warcraft has developed a loyal following across the globe, with several bestselling, award-winning PC games and a range of popular licensed products including novels, action figures, apparel, comic books, board games, and more. World of Warcraft®, Blizzard Entertainment's subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game set in the Warcraft universe, is the most popular game of its kind in the world. Its most recent expansion, Wrath of the Lich King™, is the fastest-selling PC game of all time, with more than 2.8 million copies sold in its first 24 hours of availability and more than 4 million in its first month.

Further details about the upcoming Warcraft movie, including cast and targeted release date, will be revealed as development progresses.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Please, Sam, Blizzard and everyone involved. Make it right. I've been hurt before. http://www.bingegamer.net/wp-content...we-boll-01.jpg http://www.celebrity-sunglasses-find...tion_cover.jpg http://www.cultflicks.net/wp-content...within2001.jpg http://materialisticboy.files.wordpr...s-themovie.jpg http://www.impawards.com/1994/poster...et_fighter.jpg http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-conte...er_poster2.jpg http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ation_ver2.jpg (That's all that can come to mind that hasn't been blacked out). don't be like the others. Take a lesson from Spike lee and do the right thing.