I came across the wikipedia page for WoW and found the possibilites of a film adaptation. about halfway through the article, I found something that was so truthful, so righteous, and so gawdamned hilarious that I'm forced to post it on this forum. you may know how I am a huge Anti Uwe Boll activist, so you'll understand why I had to change my pants. here it is:

In May 2006, production company Legendary Pictures acquired film rights to adapt Warcraft for the big screen with the game's publisher, Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard had originally considered hiring a scribe for the film adaptation before teaming up with Legendary Pictures.[8] The companies plan to create a film that will not follow one specific Warcraft game's storyline, but will still take place in the fantasy universe.[14] According to Blizzard's Chief Operating Officer Paul Sams, the film's budget would be over $100 million.[15]

In June 2007, Legendary Pictures chairman Thomas Tull said that the studio was working closely with Blizzard's designers and writers to adapt World of Warcraft. Tull explained the desire to have a good story for the film adaptation, "I think some of the stuff that makes a game translate well... if there's a lore, if there's a road and story and a world that's been created, and characters that are interesting in a way that's more than just point and shoot."[16] World of Warcraft's lead designer Rob Pardo expressed interest in being able to adapt the intellectual property of World of Warcraft to the appropriate medium of the film. He also added that the designers were collaborating with Legendary Pictures on story and script development.[17]

In August 2007, at BlizzCon, it was unveiled that the film will aim for a projected 2009 release. It was also revealed that the movie will take place from an Alliance perspective,with a storyline set one year before the beginning of the World of Warcraft storyline. Also revealed was the $100 million budget. As of this time, no cast are said to be firmly associated with its development. Thomas Tull stated that, "It’s not so much a quest movie. It’s more of a war movie."[18] Blizzard vice president of creative development and co-producer of the movie, Chris Metzen, said at the very same BlizzCon, that they would not make a PG version, stating "We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft."[19]

In August 2008, Blizzard Entertainment co-founder and vice president, Frank Pearce, was asked about the current status of the feature film. He replied briefly:

"I think they're looking to assign a screenwriter and director to it right now... it's still really early."[20]

As of September, 2008, Chris Metzen has been slated to write the film. At Blizzcon that year Metzen and Producers from Legendary Pictures stated the story would revolve around a "Kick Ass Human Character", which would not be Varian Wrynn, the then-unannounced hero of the comic.[21]

On July 22, 2009, it was revealed that Sam Raimi, who is well known for his work on The Evil Dead series and the Spider-Man movies, will be directing the movie. Blizzard Entertainment later confirmed Raimi's attachment to the project.[22]

At one point, director Uwe Boll expressed interest in directing the movie, even going so far as meeting with Paul Sams to pitch ideas, but Blizzard stated in no uncertain terms it wanted nothing to do with Boll, whose movie adaptations of video games routinely landed as among the 100 worst rated and reviewed movies in recent memory. They went on record to say to him, "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you... not ever to you."[23]

In October 2009, production company Legendary Pictures along with Blizzard Entertainment announced that the film's budget would be "Not less than $220 million".

On October 13, 2009, MTV Multiplayer announced that Robert Rodat would be writing the story for the movie. Robert Rodat is best known for his work on Saving Private Ryan and The Patriot.

Early in the 2010 Sony Sony confirmed that Raimi would not direct their next Spider-Man release and on a lot of minds the "Warcraft" was the first project that Sam Raimi would take next. But don't expect Sam Raimi to immediately jump onto his "Warcraft" film just because he pulled out of Spider-Man 4. Robert Rodat's script for the big-screen adaptation may not be ready for him yet, and even if it were, Raimi may have other priorities in mind. "It’s in development," the film's executive producer Robert Tapert said. "We're in the outline/story/script phase."