Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are the best Final Boss music themes?

Let darkness overshadow the light.. What are the best Final Boss music themes? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

What are the best Final Boss music themes?

Not just from Final Fantasy, from everygame.
    I like the last jubille from Bayonetta
    YouTube - Bayonetta Soundtrack: The Greatest Jubilee (Final Boss Theme)
    AWESOME!

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 What are the best Final Boss music themes? T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Re: What are the best Final Boss music themes?

Hmm...off the top of my head:

Last Battle (Self Determination) - Breath of Fire III; Akari Kaida and Yoshino Aoki. It's basically the same song as the final dungeon, but modified to fit the characteristics of the battle. It's also quite impressive.

Decisive Battle! Saruin! - Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song; Tsuyoshi Sekito, Kenji Ito. It's a remake of the original version of the song, which was done between Nobuo Uematsu and Kenji Ito (if my memory serves me right), which was remastered while adding Sekito's guitar riffs. It's quite impressive, since it's basically the second song of a two-parter battle, essentially when things get serious.

Dragon God - Chrono Cross; Yasunori Mitsuda. Let's face it; if you've played the game, the real final boss is a joke. The actual final boss really should have been the Dragon God, since it's much more challenging to face. It also boasts having an awesome song to boot.

Howl of the Departed - Lost Odyssey; Nobuo Uematsu. Also the CGI title loop theme song, but it's heard correctly in the final battle. Essentially, it's a rock opera with Ominous Japanese Chanting broken quite roughly by...wait for it...a guy rapping in Japanese. The sound of the clock out of rhythm is quite impressive.

Last Battle - Coon
    - SaGa Frontier; Kenji Ito. Really, all of the final boss theme songs in SaGa are amazing (of special note, the girls get good theme songs), but this one is special. It's...kind of melancholic, but then it blasts into action right in the middle, sort of like a wave. If you play the game right before that point, you'll probably notice how it seems to fit mentally with the situation. Bonus points if, during the crescendo, you unleash a 5-person combo.

Nachtgall/MiBgestalt/Todesengel - SaGa Frontier II; Masashi Hamauzu. Now, you must be wondering...I'm not a fan of Hamauzu, and I consider him mediocre at best, but if there is something to listen, is the set-up for the final boss of SFII. First you start with a lullaby, then with the theme song of the game (and the battle theme, and so on), then you finish with an entirely different and rather upbeat song. It's one of the few compositions I can actually like from him, and I still stand his best work thus far is SaGa Frontier II (though I personally prefer Ito over Hamauzu). Please play them in order; I can't stress this enough.

The Sacrifice, part III
    - Seiken Densetsu III; Hiroki Kikuta. The first part of The Sacrifice is depressing, evocating the feeling of despair from the final boss. The Sacrifice part II is still depressing, but more like struggling rather than anything else. Then the song stops, the final boss gets his second wind, and you get this song...which is pretty darn impressive, since it's actually inspiring and uplifting. Knowing that once you fight this battle, the game is over is doubly inspiring. Really, really, really inspiring.

Falling Down - Mega Man Zero 4; Ippo Yamada, Luna Umegaki, Tsutomu Kurihara, Masaki Suzuki, and Akari Groves. This one I must admit is from a game I haven't played, and someone else allowed me to hear. What you hear is a song using the GBA sound hardware (or an emulation of it), which makes it all the more impressive considering what they do with it. They have a remastered version which...starts great but then it kinda sucks compared to the original.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Registered User What are the best Final Boss music themes? Joyful Blue's Avatar

^^ That reminds me, I really should grab the Bayonetta OST at some point as I can imagine the whole thing being pretty epic.

In truth I'm finding it kind of hard to think of any final boss theme's that really stand out to me as being uber epic. The Extreme from FFVIII has always been a favourite as it starts so slowly, basically the opposite of what you would expect; the piano instrumentation in their is pretty cool too. The limitations on sound on the PS1 do kind of come through a bit too much when you hear it now but an orchestrated version would no doubt be ace.

Consistently Average What are the best Final Boss music themes? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think i've said this before somewhere but ohwell.
    "Otherworld" from FF10. I love how everything goes quiet after Ject jumps off that ledge and then it cuts in the moment Braska's Final Aeon climbs back up
    I just think its the pefect music for the fight, the way its all heavy and rock'n'roll, it shouldnt fit in with Final Fantasy but it feels so right y'know?

Again same feelings for when Sin attacks Zanarkand.

Registered User What are the best Final Boss music themes? Zidane77's Avatar

Necron in FFIX.
    After that i enjoyed One-Winged Angel and FFVIII as well.
    Shadow Hearts had an awesome one, probably my favorite.
    Kingdom Hearts was not bad either.

One Winged Angel is definately the most memorable. It was the first the Chorus caught many of us off guard in a game with silence and midis.

My personal favorite is The Extreme, everything about that battle was beautifully done.

I also really like the Seymore music by The Black Mages. I've never actually heared the game track, didn't play 10 but halfway through.

Badass Military Agent What are the best Final Boss music themes? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

ok this one isn't exactly a final boss theme, but it's the best theme for a boss fight I could find... and the only way to describe it is...

Epic

It's from Shadow of the Colossus also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3PRX...eature=related
    Last edited by Linus Li Lelouch; 02-01-2011 at 05:26 PM.

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Just kind of there. What are the best Final Boss music themes? Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like Dancing Mad.
    YouTube - The Black Mages - 09 Dancing Mad (FFVI)
    The Chaos Battle theme from the remakes of Final fantasy I is epic too.
    YouTube - Final Fantasy 1 Final Boss Theme (Chaos)

But moving on from FF.
    Operation Hell Dive from Raiden fFghters 2(Also a boss theme in mushroom kingdom fusion) always gets me pumped up and ready for a boss fight.
    YouTube - Raiden Fighters 2: Operation Hell Dive / Raiden Fighters Aces - Final Boss (Aces version)

And to wrap it up. Dance of illusions from Castlevainia(The whole series)
    YouTube - Castlevania Judgment Music (Dance of Illusions)
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Blog Entries

YouTube - Last Battle ~ T260G : TG, T260G's final battle theme > Riki's . Actually both are not bad, but I liked his storyline much better than Riki's lol.

YouTube - Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne/Lucifer Call: Demons (Fiend Battle Theme) : Not a final battle, but the semi-random nature of facing the Fiends plus the fact that they're all super difficult makes this song noteworthy. Plus, it kicks ass.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み What are the best Final Boss music themes? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

YouTube - Sonic & Knuckles: Final Boss - I remember as a kid, when I got to the Metal Sonic at the end, I heard the first few seconds of this theme, and just thought 'Uh oh...'. Epic theme. Also, the boss itself is one of the most fun final bosses in any game ever.

YouTube - Disturbing Video Game Music Tracks 1: Giygas Battle - Many people think that Pokey Means Business is the better track, but I've always found the theme to the actual battle with Giygas better. It really adds to the atmosphere of the fight. Giygas is terrifying as it is, but the theme is just too much. I still love it though. In this video, skip to about 2:32 onwards, and you will see what I mean.

YouTube - Final Fantasy IX - Grand Cross (Final Boss Theme) - A list of the best final boss themes is incomplete without at least one FF track. IX's final boss theme is the best of the series. From the atmospheric intro part, to the awesomness of the main theme.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 What are the best Final Boss music themes? T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    YouTube - Last Battle ~ T260G : TG, T260G's final battle theme > Riki's . Actually both are not bad, but I liked his storyline much better than Riki's lol.
    Hers. First thing that shocked me: T260G's personality is female. Remember the first part?

SPOILER!!:
    T260G isn't the "Captain", but the voice of the ship. It suggests the voice, as well as the protective instinct of the core, is that of a female instead of a male. Not that such distinction is crucial since Mecs aren't gender-based aside from Mec!Leonard who's definitely male.

Still, I really dig Riki's and Asellus' final battle songs. Generally, my faves go Riki > Asellus > Emelia > Red = T260G > Blue > Lute. That's not only based on the song, but the battle circumstances as well. While T260G's final battle song has too much techno for my tastes and starts kinda slow, Riki's is melancholic. That fits a bit, since while T260G's final battle is kinda odd (just recall what happens when GenocideHeart uses its ultimate attack, what with the entire screen flashing wildly), but Riki's is just brutal (and doing it with a monster-only run is just mindbending; believe me, I've done that and I desire to do it exploiting the monster system to the ultimate expression). It's not bad (all of Ito-san's interpretations are just great), but it's not the best; it's certainly not as bad (so to speak) as that of Blue or the somber military march of Lute & co. vs. Spriggan, but not as melancholic as that of Riki or as...gothic, I'd dare say (I'd say bohemian) as that of Asellus.

@Calvan: Dance of Illusions isn't always the final boss theme. IIRC, the final boss theme of Castlevania SotN is Metamorphosis III; Dance of Illusions is played on the first battle of Dracula against Richter, and the former is pretty somber if I may say so myself.

@Iron-cutting sword: darn, you're right: Giygas' final battle is awesome. Not so disturbing other than awesome; maybe if played with the final boss (which IS disturbing to say the very least, given that the producer mentioned it was part of his own disturbing memories) it's more disturbing, but definitely an awesome mix of MIDI and SNES hardware music.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Blog Entries

He's another favorite of mine. (Or at least a remix of it)
    The champions fight theme from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.
    YouTube - Pokemon Black and White RSE: Champion Battle Theme!!
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    ----------

Certified tech, come at me! What are the best Final Boss music themes? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of my favorite final boss themes is the Zeromus battle from FFIV. Heres a nice S.S.H version I came across.
    YouTube - S.S.H. - Final Fantasy 4 - Final Battle

My other favorite final boss theme is from Ys I&II and heres the link.
    YouTube - Ys I & II Chronicles - Termination
    Currently Playing:

Registered User What are the best Final Boss music themes? tehmuffinmon's Avatar

My favorites, off the top of my head.

Decisive Battle - Final Fantasy X
    YouTube - Final Fantasy X Soundtrack - Decisive Battle

Born Anew - Final Fantasy XIII
    YouTube - Final Fantasy XIII - Born Anew [320kbps]

Darkness of the Unknown - Kingdom Hearts II
    YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 2 - Darkness Of The Unknown

Fragments of Sorrow - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
    YouTube - Fragments of Sorrow + MP3 file (Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep)

Shadowlord - Nier
    YouTube - NieR Gestalt & RepliCant Unreleased Original Soundtrack - Shadowlord [Final Mix]

Dark Messenger - Final Fantasy IX
    YouTube - Dark Messenger - Final Fantasy IX Soundtrack (HD)

Battle for the Grand Star - Super Mario Galaxy
    YouTube - Super Mario Galaxy Music Extended - Boss - Final Bowser Battle

The Sun Rises - Okami
    YouTube - Okami OST - The Sun Rises [HD 1080p]

Those are probably my all-time favorites, but it's likely I'm forgetting a few, too.

Blog Entries

This would be the first Final Boss theme I ever heard.
    YouTube - Castlevania Music: DANCE OF ILLUSIONS COLLECTION

Sonic 3's Final Boss. It was the first I ever heard.
    YouTube - Sonic 3 Music: Final Boss

And Zeromus' battle theme, I prefer the version the black mages to so i'll post it.
    YouTube - Zeromus - The Black Mages
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    ----------

hypermeteor

Ether Born Anew or Decicive battle

no_one_special

idk if sepiroth is a boss...but i liked his music in ff7 crises core....(dont judge on my spelling of his name i dont want to go find his name just to spell it right)

I liked the song other world from FFX you can listen to it when you fight jecht at the end of the game, its basically like playing through the whole battle

otherworld from boss-Jecht and chrono cross last boss

Dalmascan princess What are the best Final Boss music themes? lady ashe's Avatar

i liked the theme of the boss fight against Jeht in FFX

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

The music track for the battle against Jeht in FFX and One Winged Angel.

Also the final boss battle music theme in Mass Effect 2.

1.) One Winged Angel FFVII - because of it's epicness and feel to an already epic game.

2.)Decisive Battle FFV - The boss battle, battle theme and the themes that play during the Exdeath battles adds up the drama of the moment.

3. Boss Battle Theme FFIX - The theme that played during the boss battles, especially the last Kuja fight and the final battle against Necron.

4.) Summoned Beast Battle FFX - Fantastic drum bass beat that plays during the final aeon battles as well as the Yu Yevon final battle. Also Challenge is epic during the Seymour and Yunalesca battles.
    Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Who the hell are you? .... .... .... ....well, good luck with that.

XD. This quote screams post me in your sig!

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/946/946197p1.html

Courtesy of IGN and Gamefaqs. ^^

Yugioh and Yugioh GX Fanboy <---

Check out my Youtube Homepage!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Made4542

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

All is One.One is All. What are the best Final Boss music themes? Firefly's Avatar

My favorites :] :

*Premonition-FFVIII

*Otherworld-FFX

*Boss Battle Theme-FFIX

*Summoned Beast Battle-FFX
    ...and lots more
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Passing fair judgement What are the best Final Boss music themes? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

One winged angel- FF7

Than I like all the boss music from FF13, my favorites would be Eidolon battle and Barthandalus battle.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Lone Wolf What are the best Final Boss music themes? Darkwolf's Avatar

However not the final boss, the theme for Glas Ghaibhleann from Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes (Hack 'n Slash MMO) Is probably one of my favorites.

Vindictus-Glas Ghaibhleann Theme

I will save the world What are the best Final Boss music themes? Hero without a Name's Avatar

Is it just me or am I the only person who doesn't like one winged angel? I'm not saying it's not a good song. I just think people are overrating it imo. My personal final boss fights are

Decesive Battle- FFV
    Boss Battle- FFIX

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

I enjoyed One Winged Angel it was a fascinating final boss theme. However, if we're referring to final final bosses, does that make Sephiroth's 'official' theme (Chosen by the Planet) the final boss theme? Just some food for thought.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Fueled by Coffee What are the best Final Boss music themes? Elise's Avatar

One Winged Angle - FFVII
    Otherworld -FFX

They put me in fighting mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    One Winged Angle - FFVII
    Otherworld -FFX

They put me in fighting mood!
    Argh how could i forget Otherworld?! THANK you for reminding me i feel so silly right now xD
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Fueled by Coffee What are the best Final Boss music themes? Elise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RavenZecht View Post
    Argh how could i forget Otherworld?! THANK you for reminding me i feel so silly right now xD
    I seriously couldn't fight Jecht sitting down, I always fought him standing up on my nerves. The only thing missing was a sword in my hand!

Also, about One Winged Angle, I think the theme is 50% the reason Sephiroth is so cool!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast