Thread: There Will Be Brawl

Blog Entries

There Will Be Brawl

There Will Be Brawl is a live action web series and dark, dramatic parody of Smash Bros. Brawl that started at like the end of '08, I think, ended at the beginning of this year... and I finally got around to watching it last night (and I watched it all. Seemed like a good idea.) I'd heard about it before, and I might've even ended up on the webpage, but didn't feel inclined to watch it then, because it looked cheesy or something.

I will say now that it is worth a watch. It's pretty fucked up in places, so be ready for that. You can also tell that they put a lot of effort into the costumes and such (when keeping in mind that they had like no budget) and the majority of the actors are well cast for their parts, and deliver some great performances. The guy who played Captain Olimar particularly sticks out in my head for his performance, and the guy who played Wario is actually a semi-famous voice actor, who did the dubbed version of Teen Gohan and Kamina.

They had some pretty interesting takes on these characters... some of the interpretations are pretty unflattering, so be prepared for that too, if you're a big fan of anyone in Brawl. For example: Fox, Falco, and Wolf are all apparently like Russian immigrants who just scream trouble, and Kirby is a take on Hannibal Lectur. But everyone does work in his or her part, and the story kinda drags you in. Somehow. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

pwn3rxp

Re: There Will Be Brawl

Oh my god! I have been searching for these for so long! I just couldn't remember the name. I only just watched the first episode. They made kirby look really creepy.

Registered User There Will Be Brawl

Re: There Will Be Brawl

I only watched up to the third episode. I may get around to watching the rest sometime soon. It's kind of cool seeing how each character is portrayed, and the story is alright. Not really quite my cup of tea so far, but that could change when I watch the rest.

And yes, Kirby did look quite frightening.

EDIT:: Okay, so I just finished the series, and WOW. Talk about downer endings...but it was pretty entertaining. Kind of bummed that many of the characters that I liked
    SPOILER!!:
    died pretty horribly... Also, I was really hoping Peach would have been rescued at the end... :/
    Last edited by Dodie16; 11-08-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.