Thread: Mother Vocal

Blog Entries

Mother Vocal

We all know the old school, wacky "Eagleland" based snes rpg Earthbound, right? Well, Mother Vocal was a CD of mostly vocal tracks made for its predecessor on the NES, Mother (or Earthbound Zero, the fan name of the ill-fated American version.) The interesting thing is that all the lyrics are in english, even though the game itself never came out here. You will recognize some of the music, however, which was reused in Earthbound, and also in Smash Bros.

My favorite track from the album is Flying Man, and I think the most well known one is Pollyanna (I Believe In You). Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User Mother Vocal

Re: Mother Vocal

I never heard of the CD before. I liked the two songs you linked to, but I think I like Pollyanna a bit more. The lyrics are so cheesy, but they're sweet-sounding at the same time. It's pretty darn catchy too. I'll have to check out some more of these, and I'll come back and edit my post with the ones that I liked!

EDIT: After taking a listen to a few more songs, I would have to say that I still like Pollyanna the most, but the vocal version of Eight Melodies sounds sweet as well. It sort of reminds me of a Christmas song or something, what with the choir of children singing and stuff. It is nice, but maybe there's too many "la la la la la"'s going on. I've never really liked it when songs did stuff like that, but that's just a tiny complaint.

EDIT 2: Wisdom of the World is pretty nice too. Though I can't seem to place which song it comes from. Maybe it's one of the ones that wasn't reused in Earthbound and Smash Bros. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Dodie16; 05-30-2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.