Thread: The Man, The Myth, The Wookie

I want to play a game. The Man, The Myth, The Wookie Zargabaath's Avatar

The Man, The Myth, The Wookie

Weird title for a thread you may be thinking. I know; it is from a cd I have that has remixed classic video game songs. I got the cd from a friend who I think knew the people who made the cd or from a person who knew the people. Either way, the cd had that written on it and so that title stuck. They are songs from the Final Fantasy series, Castelvania, Metroid, Tetris, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Zelda, Mega Man X, Street Fighter and maybe something from another series but I am unsure.

What is the point of sharing this information without you, the reader, being able to listen to the aforementiond music? I created some basic videos for the music and uploaded them to youtube; each song has a picture from Final Fantasy, not form their respective series/game, the pictures aren't the main focus so I did not care too much about them - the music is vital. There are seventeen songs in total and I'll try to put the correct game/series next to each song so you may be able to listen to the ones you have more interest in, though there may be some mistakes with what game/series the song came from, my apologies. Those who know where the song is properly from, please let me know so I may fix any errors. Thanks.

Before I put the links in here I would like to note that I tried to create a playlist for simple viewing however I am having difficulties with that, sorry . I hope you enjoy the music as much as I have. You can comment on the music or the pictures, if you were really liked them (they were not done by me, I found them on the internet).

Song 1 - Final Fantasy VI YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 1
    Song 2 - Metroid(?) YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 2
    Song 3 - Castlevania(?) YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 3
    Song 4 - Mega Man X YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 4
    Song 5 - Final Fantasy(?) YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 5
    Song 6 - Final Fantasy YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 6
    Song 7 - Tetris YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 7
    Song 8 - The Legend of Zelda YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 8
    Song 9 - Street Fighter YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 9
    Song 10 - Final Fantasy YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 10
    Song 11 - Final Fantasy VI YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 11
    Song 12 - Final Fantasy VI(?) YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 12
    Song 13 - Final Fantasy IV(?) YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 13
    Song 14 - Chrono Cross YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 14
    Song 15 - Chrono Cross YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 15
    Song 16 - Chrono Cross YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 16
    Song 17 - Chrono Trigger YouTube - The Man, The Myth, The Wookie ~ Song 17
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 10-25-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 The Man, The Myth, The Wookie chrono's Avatar
    i have listened to the first one. it is almost like a soft rock remake. i play the guitar myself so i enjoy these

i will check the rest later so far thumbs up

Edit: the last 2 minutes are quite nice
    Last edited by chrono; 10-22-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Well it's really late for me right now, but the first one is Terra in Black, probably the most renowned fan remix of Terra's theme.

I recognized Song#4 because of this fine piece of work
    YouTube - Go M.D. X, Go! FTW!

And yeah song#9 Metroid? How can you NOT recognize Ken Master's theme from Street Fighter?

I'll do more later.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 The Man, The Myth, The Wookie T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    I was about to expand a bit on a few of the songs, but unfortunately I had to turn my computer off for a while. So, as far as I can reckon...

• Song #3 seems to be Bloody Tears, from Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. Took me a while to figure out with the clue, and I went for the first version of the game (as the theme has been "updated" for later remixes), mostly because it seems to be on a slower tempo.
    • Song #4 holds a passing resemblance to the Escape theme from the original Metroid, which is why it may have caused the confusion. Fortunately, Cain seems to have got it right. Oddly enough, I re-played MMX3 not so long ago; odd that I couldn't figure out the Abandoned Armory stage song, house of Blast Hornet. Perhaps it's because the original is a tad faster?

Tried to get 2 and 5, but no such luck. #5, for some reason, seems to be similar to the kind of songs in FF8 (for a moment, it seemed like Balamb Garden, but it doesn't match at all). #2 for some reason seems like the Metroid Title theme song, but cuts in the middle towards another song. So it's a Metroid medley?
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

I want to play a game. The Man, The Myth, The Wookie Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain Highwind View Post
    Well it's really late for me right now, but the first one is Terra in Black, probably the most renowned fan remix of Terra's theme.

I recognized Song#4 because of this fine piece of work
    YouTube - Go M.D. X, Go! FTW!

And yeah song#9 Metroid? How can you NOT recognize Ken Master's theme from Street Fighter?

I'll do more later.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    I was about to expand a bit on a few of the songs, but unfortunately I had to turn my computer off for a while. So, as far as I can reckon...

• Song #3 seems to be Bloody Tears, from Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. Took me a while to figure out with the clue, and I went for the first version of the game (as the theme has been "updated" for later remixes), mostly because it seems to be on a slower tempo.
    • Song #4 holds a passing resemblance to the Escape theme from the original Metroid, which is why it may have caused the confusion. Fortunately, Cain seems to have got it right. Oddly enough, I re-played MMX3 not so long ago; odd that I couldn't figure out the Abandoned Armory stage song, house of Blast Hornet. Perhaps it's because the original is a tad faster?

Tried to get 2 and 5, but no such luck. #5, for some reason, seems to be similar to the kind of songs in FF8 (for a moment, it seemed like Balamb Garden, but it doesn't match at all). #2 for some reason seems like the Metroid Title theme song, but cuts in the middle towards another song. So it's a Metroid medley?
    First off, thanks for the help to both of you.

It is quite easy that I did not recognize Ken Master's theme - I really haven't played Street Fighter "a lot" and haven't in a while. Couple that fact with when that game was out, I was too busy playing outside; I wasn't really into video games until I moved down to Virginia. I don't even think my friend caught Song 9 as being from Street Fighter and he has played the games more than I and was able to recognize more of the songs than myself as well.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Lady Succubus The Man, The Myth, The Wookie Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Song #11 is a remix of some sort of "Dancing Mad", Kefka's theme. That's all I really know.

Your Chrono Cross ones are correct, I don't think people gave Chrono Cross enough credit for great music.
    ~Song # 14 is an upbeat Guitar version of "Radical Dreamers" if you needed the name : YouTube - Chrono Cross OST - Radical Dreamers
    Or "Dream Fragments" : YouTube - Chrono Cross OST - Dream Fragments

~Song # 15 is another version of "Magical Dreamers": YouTube - Chrono Cross OST - Magical Dreamers

~Song 16 comes from "Dreams of a Shore near Another World": YouTube - Chrono Cross OST - Dreams of the Shore Near Another World
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-25-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.