Thread: Fun with my new Hauppauge HD PVR and Uncharted 2 Multiplayer

Fun with my new Hauppauge HD PVR and Uncharted 2 Multiplayer

I recently got a Hauppauge HD PVR and barring the occaisonal wonkyness it makes for a great gaming capture device. Recorded some of multiplayer matches. Check it out for a laugh

YouTube - Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Montage of Mayhem

Oh and here's a random video I did using the same device for NES Virtual Console
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_e7nlvzwCw

Certified tech, come at me! Fun with my new Hauppauge HD PVR and Uncharted 2 Multiplayer SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Fun with my new Hauppauge HD PVR and Uncharted 2 Multiplayer

Wow both of those were really funny, well, the Uncharted 2 recording was the funniest out of those 2 but I enjoyed it. I haven't seen gameplay of it before and I liked what I saw. I wish I'd got that game over Modern Warfare 2 now lol. I'm definitely looking into U2 now.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

Looks good! How much did your capture card cost you? I was thinking about getting one myself so I could stream on justin.tv, but I wanted to have some good quality capturing while still keeping a decent price tag overall.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Let's make it rain. Fun with my new Hauppauge HD PVR and Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Jonathanx221's Avatar

That was very fun to watch, nice job! =]

The Lone Dagger Fun with my new Hauppauge HD PVR and Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Xithor's Avatar

Haha great footage. Multiplayer looked pretty well on the game of the year winner, looks like it has a chance to maybe compete with COD 2 but even just saying that might get me shunned lol. I am also interested in capturing video gameplay without the usage of a camera just set up and staring at it. How does a Hauppauge HD PVR work?

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Thanks guys

Now the price of the PVR is not for the faint of heart. It was 200 dollars. Yeah, it took me a while to save up for it.

What makes it worth it is of course the quality (it can capture sources up to 1080i at a bitrate of I believe 20,000 Kilobits/second) But also, even though it's recommended to have a dual core PC, if you've got an older computer, it'll still record just fine. A lot of other capture devices rely on your compuiter's hardware. This one, ALL you need is basically a computer with a hard drive to write data to.

It works basically as a passthrough device. You plug whatever system you want to record from into the PVR, and (optionally, but recommended) plug the PVR into your TV. This way you can play and record at the same time.

Again, I had heard positive things from people who simply pack up the PVR, go to a friends house and then record their gaming session with a Netbook, which I have as well.