Thread: Question On Black Mages

Question On Black Mages

There is a rock/metal group out there called "The Black Mages" that play rock remakes of the original final fantasy songs. I was curious if they have been included in any videogames or final fantasies? I would have to imagine that Squareenix must have some vision of them, since they have CDs out with songs from their products, but would/do you know if they're included in any video games?

Registered User Question On Black Mages

Re: Question On Black Mages

The Black Mages is Nobuo Uematsu's (and a couple of other SE composers) band. As for their music appearing in the anything related to Final Fantasy, I think that they had a hand in the music for FF VII: Advent Children. I'm not sure if anything they did was featured in any of the games though.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    The Black Mages is Nobuo Uematsu's (and a couple of other SE composers) band. As for their music appearing in the anything related to Final Fantasy, I think that they had a hand in the music for FF VII: Advent Children. I'm not sure if anything they did was featured in any of the games though.
    ohhh its Uematsu's band? i never knew that, thanks. I would imagine they were in Advent Children... thanks

The Lone Dagger Question On Black Mages Xithor's Avatar

Just from your post I went onto YouTube and looked at The Black Mages, watched them perform One Winged Angel. Wow what a great remix, love the rock angle that they took and made a wonderful remake of the song that made Final Fantasy 7 even better to reminisce on. They should def look into using it in some games because Nobuo Uematsu is in fact in the band and making a more rock like songs would be great when the scenes called for it. It reminded me of the song when you fought Jecht, the rock song that came on was awesome and totally appropriate. Here's the link I was looking at: YouTube - One Winged Angel by The Black Mages

EDIT: Beat to the punch by Dodie haha

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Che

They've done two videogame tracks other than the stuff from Advent Children: "one track in Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange, an album of arranged music from the video game Dark Chronicle, a piece in the animated film Final Fantasy VII Advent Children and its corresponding soundtrack album, and one track on Final Fantasy III Original Soundtrack, the soundtrack album for the Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy III."

source: The Black Mages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia