Thread: FFXIII Normal Battle Theme

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 FFXIII Normal Battle Theme Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

FFXIII Normal Battle Theme

Hey guys I was looking around the net, and then I ended up finding this: YouTube - ???????????XIII / Final Fantasy 13 Battle Music Theme Thing
    This is the Battle Theme in FFXIII when you would be fighting Regular Monsters. I hope that you enjoy this, and that you will tell us what you think about this Battle Theme. I hope that you will take the time to read this, Listen to the Battle Theme, and then Possibly Reply to this.
    I wish you the Best , and please do Enjoy this
    Thank You.
    *Edit: Here is another Version of the Battle Theme Called "Assault Theme" and here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9w0vBaeg4

~Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima~
    Last edited by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima; 08-14-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Sounds fantastic! I really enjoy the Violin parts, they are brilliant, this theme is sounding great, and I just can't wait for the game.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Che
    Yeah, I'm loving those violin parts. So well mixed with the rest of it, I can't wait to kick some ****ing ass with Lightning.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFXIII Normal Battle Theme Xanatos's Avatar
    Wow, this sounds really good much better than boss theme.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

the mysterious FFXIII Normal Battle Theme gothdra's Avatar
    not bad, not bad at all I love the violin parts all I have to do now is to wait for the game

This sounds promising
    Nobody is perfect...That is of course until you fall in love with them...

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 FFXIII Normal Battle Theme T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Is it me, or am I the only one who feels that the battle theme is somber and devoid of action?

I'll be frank, at least; although I do have some of the old Hamazuzu work, I find him to be a dull composer at best (I'd dare to say mediocre). He tries to do much on mixing various instruments (piano and violin are some of the usual suspects), but it's far too conservative for me.

But, I'll work from it. The base battle themes for SaGa Frontier II and Unlimited Saga are a bit more active than this theme, and show a bit more of his talent. Compare the first Feldschlacht (as all battle themes from SFII are called), or the first battle theme of USaga for examples. His later themes are a bit more active, but not exactly exciting to me (to add some saving grace to him: listen to SFII's final boss themes and then tell me if he could have done better)

The second video isn't very surprising, either; it's still dull, but attempting to fix with a slight addition of electronic music. In fact, it feels out of sync with the action provided, even though it fits better with the video. It's attempting to pass background music as battle music, which isn't a very good option IMO.

The Boss song remains a bit dull, compared with his earlier bits of work (again, I'd advise going with the Saga interpretations, and it's from them that I define him as a dull composer), barely impressive when compared to the larger work of art and despite some rise in tension and a shift into wide-scale battle (which is a bit silly since it's a battle in a very short scale, almost guerrilla-like).

All in all, I find the bits I've heard lacking the oomph I expect in battle themes. Blame it on bias, perhaps, but I'm not particularly surprised on the work. I'm no composer or critic, so I can't say how melodic or complete or harmonic it may be; I'm talking as a VG music fan, and what I've heard so far is dull and somewhat unimaginative.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

I want to play a game. FFXIII Normal Battle Theme Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Is it me, or am I the only one who feels that the battle theme is somber and devoid of action?

I'll be frank, at least; although I do have some of the old Hamazuzu work, I find him to be a dull composer at best (I'd dare to say mediocre). He tries to do much on mixing various instruments (piano and violin are some of the usual suspects), but it's far too conservative for me.

But, I'll work from it. The base battle themes for SaGa Frontier II and Unlimited Saga are a bit more active than this theme, and show a bit more of his talent. Compare the first Feldschlacht (as all battle themes from SFII are called), or the first battle theme of USaga for examples. His later themes are a bit more active, but not exactly exciting to me (to add some saving grace to him: listen to SFII's final boss themes and then tell me if he could have done better)

The second video isn't very surprising, either; it's still dull, but attempting to fix with a slight addition of electronic music. In fact, it feels out of sync with the action provided, even though it fits better with the video. It's attempting to pass background music as battle music, which isn't a very good option IMO.

The Boss song remains a bit dull, compared with his earlier bits of work (again, I'd advise going with the Saga interpretations, and it's from them that I define him as a dull composer), barely impressive when compared to the larger work of art and despite some rise in tension and a shift into wide-scale battle (which is a bit silly since it's a battle in a very short scale, almost guerrilla-like).

All in all, I find the bits I've heard lacking the oomph I expect in battle themes. Blame it on bias, perhaps, but I'm not particularly surprised on the work. I'm no composer or critic, so I can't say how melodic or complete or harmonic it may be; I'm talking as a VG music fan, and what I've heard so far is dull and somewhat unimaginative.
    What? Somber and devoid of action? Luckily music is different from the other arts.

I find the first song in the beginning to be building tension, a culmination, that gives way to the explosiveness. Throughout the whole song I could see action taking place and it did not feel awkward. This one reminds me of a song from Unlimited Saga too.

With the second song it starts off with a nice up-beat techno tune then goes to the building tension as in the first one. Another good song as I could see with battle scenes.

With music it does not deal with concretes such as dry lands or battle just with the emotions envoked in the composer by those subjects; these songs by Hamazu are the emotions he feels from battles that would take place in the world of Final Fantasy XIII.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I feel epic... FFXIII Normal Battle Theme Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    It sounds a slight TOO epic for a random battle theme. Unless battles last like five minutes, I can't see myself enjoying this theme too much. And it reminds me of Smash Bros for some reason. o_O

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

I want to play a game. FFXIII Normal Battle Theme Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    It sounds a slight TOO epic for a random battle theme. Unless battles last like five minutes, I can't see myself enjoying this theme too much. And it reminds me of Smash Bros for some reason. o_O

According to the developers, Final Fantasy XIII will be the hardest game in the series; the difficulty will be so high that after each random battle your are fully healed and even in random battles you will have to use strategy (more than before) to come out on top. If that is true, random battles would seem pretty epic and then that song should fit perfectly with the game.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x