Thread: Black Materia: FFVII rap album

megaran

Black Materia: FFVII rap album

wait-- give it a chance before you bash it,

Black Materia: Final Fantasy VII | Random (Mega Ran)

In a stunning move, hip hopper and educator Random, aka Mega Ran and Lost Perception present BLACK MATERIA: Final Fantasy VII, a Hip-Hop album using tunes from Square’s hit game.

Ran’s new 16 track album releases 14 years to the date that the Final Fantasy 7 game launched in Japan and sent the world into a frenzy. The production on the album will be handled by Lost Perception, a veteran hip-hop producer from Phoenix who shares an equal love for Final Fantasy and Hip-Hop.

Since 2007, Random has built an amazing presence, reputation and fanbase by sampling video game tunes and adding original lyrics and driving beats to them, attracting fans in both the video game and hip-hop communities. Random and K-Murdock’s Forever Famicom album dropped last Summer, and has been a huge hit, propelling tours and appearances in Nintendo Power, Wired and other magazines.

Final Fantasy VII (FF7), released in 1997 by Square, has since sold over 9 million copies worldwide, and is widely considered by many to be the greatest game of all time, and one that has revolutionized role playing games (RPGs) forever. Random agrees, and knows he can’t let the diehard fans down.

“Final Fantasy 7 is THE game that got me back into console gaming,” Ran says, after college life at had taken him away from video games for years. “I’ve never to this day been as emotionally invested into a game as I was with FF7, and doubt I will be again.” My heart will always be in 8-bit, but I just wanted to give back to (FF7 creator Nobuo) Uematsu and co. for creating a masterpiece.”

Ran usually alternates between heavier themes and video game topics in his music, as his last two releases, "Forever Famicom" and "Heroes, Volume One" demonstrated. The first single, “Aerith” is a heartbreaking tale retelling one of the most shocking moments in videogame history, the death of Aeris/Aerith, a playable character in the FF7 game.

The quest begins all over again.

Level up.
    Black Materia.

if you only check out one track, i highly recommend AVALANCHE.

YouTube - ‪Random (Mega Ran) and Lost Perception - Avalanche&#x202crlm;

Registered User Black Materia: FFVII rap album Diamond Dust's Avatar

Re: Black Materia: FFVII rap album

I like the music a lot. I think the title 'Black Materia' would have sufficed though without the additional 'Final Fantasy VII' words. Might have allowed it to be more globally appealing.
    Last edited by Diamond Dust; 06-15-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Black Materia: FFVII rap album Tallulah's Avatar

I've listened to a couple of the tracks, "Cloud" "AVALANCHE" and "Don Of the Slums". I love the way you've used the original music and use the rap to tell the story of the characters. Great stuff.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Registered User Black Materia: FFVII rap album DrewYeahhh's Avatar

This is actually pretty good and i hate this genre of music these days :L

Time flows without pause, in a world where I no longer exist, the future is about to change.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Black Materia: FFVII rap album Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

This Is Actually Pretty Cool, Using Songs From The Soundtrack Of FFVII To Make Rap Songs, That Is Pretty Creative. I Like It That Is Pretty Clever Actually...Hehe

Maybe He Will Try The Other Soundtracks...Who Knows.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Oh wow, this is pretty impressive! I'm not generally a big fan of this kind of music but it's good to see some new life breathed into the genre. Thanks for posting
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Boxer of the Galaxy Black Materia: FFVII rap album Rowan's Avatar

Listened to 30 seconds from a few different tracks. Dont like it. The producing isnt very well done and the raps are lame. Thats just my opinion though.