Thread: Angry Video Game Nerd is back!

the night man cometh Angry Video Game Nerd is back! Joxsjua's Avatar

Angry Video Game Nerd is back!

This guy reviews old crappy video games from our past and breaks it down why they were soo horrible. He first started reviewing only NES games but then broadening his videos the all the original consoles. By original, I mean 20+ yr old consoles. His reviews are intense to say the least. He has been away for most of the year filming his movie in L.A. that was paid for from donations from his video subscribers.

While he was gone, odd reviews were done by his skinnier friend 'Mike,' which aren't the best but kept the subscribers with something to watch.
    Anyways, this is his 1st gaming review in a long while which is themed with Arnold Schwarzenegger games. If you haven't heard of him, have fun with this. Or try typing in an old classic NES title next to "AVGN" and have a blast.
    warning: intense language

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Angry Video Game Nerd is back! Tallulah's Avatar

Re: Angry Video Game Nerd is back!

Yay!

Big fan of this guy, have been since pretty much the beginning, when he did a quick review of Simon's Quest, and it just spiralled from there.

He never fails to find the most disgusting descriptions of what he'd rather do than play the God-awful games (some are really bad, like Dark Castle; that review was hillarious! Although I only saw it the other day to be fair, due to having no computer for about six months), and his rage just sets me into fits.

Can't wait for the movie!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

I'm DYING to see you! Angry Video Game Nerd is back! ViviMasterMage's Avatar

I've been watching Mike's reviews while AVGN has been away and he's decent. I mean, you can tell he's trying to force some of the Angry Video Game Nerd's humour into there but I enjoy him being himself and just having a quick review.

In any case, while he's been away, I've been watching the Nostalgia Critic, constantly checking back to Cinemasscre when I can seeing the occasion "You Know What's Bullshit" video.

I'm really happy he's back and I'm happy that the film will be released pretty soon. =)

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Angry Video Game Nerd is back! Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL! This guy had so much win in that review. I'll be definitely watching his material when I'm pissed off about something. I laugh so hard at other people's rage, but he goes over the top with it. He also does reviews on NES games which is filled with nothing but winning all day.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Blog Entries

I've watched him before, but I prefer NC overall, as I think he's a better performer. Although his schtick starting to get old with me. Really, N Chick is starting to surface as my favorite online critic (which is kinda weird, seeing as I HATED her when she first started, though I think she's found her voice since then. It's either her, TITS, or JesuOtaku) ...but anyway! Like AVGN okay. Haven't watched a lot from him, but I watched this new vid last night and it was pretty entertaining. Maybe just because I like NES games. Can't think of too many occasions where I laughed, but but I am entertained at least.

The ones that really stick with me are the Terminator and Spider-Man NES game reviews. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

the night man cometh Angry Video Game Nerd is back! Joxsjua's Avatar

who the heck is N chick? YouTubed and Googled and not seeing anything note-worthy....

Blog Entries

The Nostalgia Chick, or Lindsay Ellis. She's a lot more analytical and insightful than NC. Kinda a different topic altogether though, so...

Oh yeah! I also just remembered a part of AVGN's review of Zelda II that made me smile. Specifically the end
    SPOILER!!:
    Where he uses the power glove and beats Shadow Link without looking.
    Thought that was pretty funny. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

I'm DYING to see you! Angry Video Game Nerd is back! ViviMasterMage's Avatar

I actually also like Linkara and Spoony. I like the idea of a comic book review and I think he's actually quite hilarious. It's a different brand of humour when you compare it to Nostalgia Critic/AVGN. Oh, and lots of Mystery Science Theater 3000 references, which is always good.

Spoony is really funny because he's so passionate about what he reviews. He seems physically hurt in the Ultima reviews he does and I like his Final Fantasy reviews, he's got a point with X-2 but I still like all the games so, meh. You don't have to take the opinion of a reviewer as your own anyway, you just acknowledge it.

It really was quite a surprise that Noah Antwiler isn't on TGWTG anymore because of drama with the reviewers and that saddens me. Oh, well.

You should rename this topic: "Internet Reviews" or something with the way I don't shut up. xD

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea