Thread: Tell about ff10 monster arena

Dan the man Tell about ff10 monster arena
    I am originally from Iowa but i have travelled all over the world and currently am teaching english in beijing china for a couple years.

Tell about ff10 monster arena

I am replaying this game..US version...and I am looking for some hard bosses and valuable extra gameplay. so i have the following questions.

1. will i find some hard fun and challenging fights unlocking all of these creatures and fighting them.

2. Is it rewarding and is it worth it to proceed in this long extensive sidequest.

3. Tell me some of your personal opinions and hard to beat encouters with these creatures and tellme if you enjoyed it.

4. how strong should my characters be before attempting to fight these creatures.

5. Are these creatures or some of them more powerful than ultima and omega?

Registered User Tell about ff10 monster arena Zidane77's Avatar

Re: Tell about ff10 monster arena

Ultima and Omega are pathetic minions compared to some of the monsters/bosses you can encounter there.
    It's probably the most rewarding side-quest in the game, especially fighting against monsters like Nemesis for break HP limit and getting spheres out of the species etc.
    Basically the game extends by half (even 3/4) if you want to get everything out of it.
    There's so much to do there, finishing the sphere-grid the fastest way, getting all kinds of items and bunch more.

My last save is 220 hours and i still have some stuff to do.
    I've finished everything except Penance and my party is only at 40.000 HP and im going for at least 50% more. I suggest using the Tonberry trick for fast sphere-grid leveling.

1. yes
    2. one, if you're bored and have nothing else to do in X, then yes; and two, if you need Yuna's Ultimate weapon, I think (can't remember for sure) you get something you need there...or was it for the Magus sisters?
    3. yes, I enjoyed it, you need to be really, decently leveled and have time to waste on it. Ultimate weapons are a must after a certain point, otherwise you'll be fighting one monster for days.

4. Hitting at 99999 damage with break damage limit still takes a while to kill some of the enemies.

5. They're a mix of much stronger versions of monsters you fought in the game; mini boss monsters, and Nemesis at the end; which is a super strong version of Omega.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-15-2010 at 11:15 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Tell about ff10 monster arena randy666's Avatar

the best monster in the arena is nemisis, you get him by capturing 10 of every monster in every arena AND defeating every monster and all the original monsters in the game, one of his attacks inflicts maximum damage to all of your fighters he is hard but....

if you want a real challenge try fighting pennant, you get him by beating all the dark aeons and can select him by simply choosing him as your airships destination his 12 million HP bar should be a challenge he is maxed out at everything and is immune to everything beat him and you master the game.
    this is it the final boss now there is no turning back....

Registered User Tell about ff10 monster arena Zidane77's Avatar

He's playing the US version so appearantly he doesn't have Dark Aeons and Penance optional bosses, Nemesis is the only real challenge that he can take.

T answer your question I am simply going to say 1) Yes many of them are difficult to defeat so you need to be quite strong for some and absolutely Mega Hard for some others. 2) Yes it is worth unlocking all the monsters. 3) Most are harder than Ultima and Omega weapon. 4) To defeat area conquest you should only need to fill the sphere grid without any extra work. 5) If you want to get Mega Hard so you can defeat enemies of the original and some of the species conquest then you need to have many battle against certain monsters. That all I have to say so get to it!!!