Thread: speed run

Registered User speed run randy666's Avatar

speed run

i am thinking of doing a non stop play through in this game, that is finishing it without saving the game at all, so as a question i am wondering if anyone else has tried this and how long does it take to finish a game?
    this is it the final boss now there is no turning back....

Soup Kitchen Jerk. speed run Polk's Avatar

Re: speed run

There's such a thing as an ODINS (one day in no saves) challenge, which is basically beating BFA within 24 hours without saving the game. I've been meaning to try this for a while, but with school and stuff it's hard to get 24 hours just to play FFX. Probably would require a good bit of planning too.
    Last edited by Polk; 10-21-2010 at 09:24 PM.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

I did this with a friend of mine at a weekend LAN. basically what we did was send Yuna through Auron's grid to boost Aeon strength and used them a lot throughout the game, with Tidus and Wakka as the other 2 team members. Ran from any armoured enemies to save time. Total game time before heading to final battle was 19 hours and a couple minutes (checked by saving at end)

Soup Kitchen Jerk. speed run Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leafmuncher View Post
    I did this with a friend of mine at a weekend LAN. basically what we did was send Yuna through Auron's grid to boost Aeon strength and used them a lot throughout the game, with Tidus and Wakka as the other 2 team members. Ran from any armoured enemies to save time. Total game time before heading to final battle was 19 hours and a couple minutes (checked by saving at end)
    Please don't do this to me. You're going to send me right down the FFX rabbit hole again. Just when I thought I'd quit.

Though this is interesting. Aeons with Auron's high HP and strength would do great against bosses. The problem is, you'd probably have to wait until Bikanel and get a couple of teleport spheres to get to Auron's part of the grid. Do you run an NSG with Yuna up to that point, saving up her sphere levels as much as possible? Or do you make exceptions, like giving her the Nul- spells to make the first Seymour fight a lot more manageable. Or, in another vein, in an aeon heavy strategy like this, do you go out of you way to get Yojimbo, anima, or the Magus sisters? Or do you spend your time doing some monster catching, like going to Besaid to get a bunch of Stamina tonics? Or is none of this necessary, and a well built Bahamut could potentially beat any boss you need it to?

FAKE EDIT: Keep in mind I'm more thinking to myself than anything, and you don't need to answer any of my dumb questions, I'll just be over here sperging out.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

I'm sure it can be done but I would say that it will at least take you 60+ hours to finish the main story and anther 20+ minimum to get strong enough to ensure success. If you are very thorough though (maxing the sphere grid, getting the celestial weapons and monster arena etc) then you are probably talking a good deal of 200+ hours but you can complete it without the extra stuff I would say in about 80ish hours.

I got Anima, otherwise used bahamut before then. Sending yuna through auron's grid isn't as hard as that, unless you use the standard grid, which I have never used, so don't know it at all. In the Expert grid there is the middle patch where kimahri starts, so I send yuna to the middle, then into the beginning of Tidus' grid until it links to Auron's grid (not far at all)
    Last edited by leafmuncher; 12-19-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. speed run Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

well 32 hours is for me, but I am really interested in seeing how people with lower actually beat seymore at gagazet withou summons.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...