Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 72.00%
  • No

7 28.00%

Thread: Should I get FFX-2?

Should I get FFX-2?

I recently beat FFX for the first time, and I'm thinking of getting FFX-2. The thing is though, I've heard mixed messages about it. Some people said they liked it, others hated it. What do you guys think?

Registered User Should I get FFX-2? Zidane77's Avatar

Re: Should I get FFX-2?

I thought i was okay, i never was a fan of FFX anyway but some die hard FFX fans i know hate the sequel but i thought it was fun to play at times.
    The music is pretty bad in my opinion and this game kinda felt it was left incomplete, still you have to be perfect in every step you take in this game if you want to get 100%.
    I have no idea how you can master this game without a walkthrough, one mistep and doh, have to do it again
    But the battle system is really good and just for playing through the game once without caring for percentage is worthwhile.
    But you'll be missing alot of cut-scenes etc.

黒い翼の天使 Should I get FFX-2? yuki's Avatar

okay you have to get x2 to complete the story
    the game is fun has so many good sides the story is abit tearfull (for me coz i was mad that tidus disapear)
    the game has six endings and the good thing is you dont have to train your team everytime you finish the game no if you finish the game with your team lv 99 you start from the begining with your team lv99
    so the game is fun

*There can only be one* Should I get FFX-2? Bangladesh's Avatar

personaly i think its a good game and you should get it if you want to finish the story of ffx. but just be warned that its not as serious as ten its more of a happy go lucky type of vibe. But i think you will enjoy the new battle system they have used its kinda like ffv ecept for the fact that you can change classes in mid battle

Registered User Should I get FFX-2? Sharpshooter's Avatar

If youre a die-hard fan of FFX I say you should go for it =)
    if not, just watch the cutscenes online to know what happened and save your money, like I did =P
    keep in mind that watching a game and playing it are two very different things
    Final Fantasy and Samurai Champloo FTW!!

The Lone Dagger Should I get FFX-2? Xithor's Avatar

I enjoyed playing FF X-2 but it has the most to do with the individual. They brought back the system of dress spheres which was great to use and I enjoyed that aspect very much. The battle system is good, kind of like FF XII but you have to input commands for everyone and the battle doesn't stop when you're choosing commands.

I did find some of the characters annoying though and it was very "girl power" if you know what I mean but I enjoyed seeing how the story played out. Plus the addition of Paine to the mix was cool, she has an interesting back story.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Should I get FFX-2? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

I Liked Both Games, Although I Started Out With X-2 First, And It Wasn't That Bad, Gave Me Something To Do, And The Graphics Were Pretty Good. Thats Probly The Game That Got Me More Interested In Final Fantasy...Cause I Got FFXII Right After When It Came Out...When It Was Selling For Like $60+ Plus Taxes Which Totaled Like $71 >_<

Oh Well, I'm Pretty Hooked On FF Now Thanks To X-2 And XII, So I Believe You Should Get It. It Will Also Help Continuing The Story And Such. So, You Should Defenitly Get It...Only Drawback Is You May Only Use 3 Characters In The Entire Game, And They Are All Females...If You Like Using Female Characters, Even If Your A Dude, Then This Is The Game For You

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Registered User Should I get FFX-2? Oneesan's Avatar

I know its been said but if you are at all in it for the story then you really need to play x-2. The battles were fun but I'm the type that misses the turn based system and where thew music is concerned the only redeeming quality in my eyes was the concert on the thunder plains. (He mini games are worth it but if you are a blitzball fan you might be dissapionted as it has been changed quite a bit. And of course you don't get ro use aeons which kinda sucks. All in all I really did love this game so I say go for it if you haven't already, you could have some fun!!!

Controlling With Fear Should I get FFX-2? Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

I didn't like it, but then again it was a sequel to ff10. There's no way it could have remotely matched that masterpiece. I think most people wrote it off because you had to play the ladies in it, which is kinda sexist.

Registered User Should I get FFX-2? xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

put simply it has a nice happy ending and ties up a lot of loose ends
    Some people say Poland is like the Mexico of Europe...I don't know what that means, but I like it!! - Chris :')

Myrtie

If you want to finish up the story of X, then definitely! Not to mention it technically brings back classes with the dresspheres, and that while the battle system is not liked by many, its still good nonetheless. The music could have been better, but that doesn't stop it from being a worthwhile game. X3

If you want interesting and possibly fun gameplay, get it.

If you want a story that is even half as good as FFX, don't bother. Yunas character gets butchered so that she is slutty giddy eye candy 80% of the time with 10% moping about Tidus and 10% her old self.

Blitzball is also destroyed as a fun side game almost entirely and basically replaced by a math/numbers game.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

I bought FFX-2, and had it back in the box about 3minutes after the intro.

Returned it the next day, it was way too girly for my tastes..

There was no X2 as far as im concerned, i bet it ruined the story of X too

Registered User Should I get FFX-2? fierytempest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    okay you have to get x2 to complete the story
    the game is fun has so many good sides the story is abit tearfull (for me coz i was mad that tidus disapear)
    the game has six endings and the good thing is you dont have to train your team everytime you finish the game no if you finish the game with your team lv 99 you start from the begining with your team lv99
    so the game is fun
    No, your characters are back at level 1. But if you've mastered any dress spheres, they're still mastered.

I say play it. Maybe rent it or get it off a Gamefly before you buy it? I really have fun with it, but I also don't really consider it to be the "conclusion" of FFX. In my mind, FFX ends at the end of FFX. FFX-II is like really bad fan-fiction. And it's ruined by Tidus (possibly) coming back at the end of X-II.

As many people have already said, Yuna's completely different, and if you look at it as a continuation it's a butchered J-Pop version of FFX. But if you look at it by itself, it's a fun, lighthearted game. Because of the mission set up, you can play the game and not really be committed to it. Or, if you only have a few hours a week to play games (like myself) you can do so, and still feel like you're accomplishing things.

Lover I don't play to win, but for the thrill until I'm spent.

The Mad God Should I get FFX-2? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Definitely wasn't as good as its predecessor, but still a worthwhile purchase. Fills in alot of the holes left in X's story, and let's you see what becomes of the world after being saved, which is nice. The combat system was very enjoyable, among my favorites so far.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

If you liked FFX and Charlie's Angels, then X2 is for you
    Otherwise if you don't want to see the serious and well portrayed character of Yuna become one of the stereotypical anime/manga fan service girls (which RUINED it for me) then don't touch it with a 10ft pole. I did like the grown up Rikku a bit, but otherwise found X2 to be a fast cash cow for SE to milk the FFX fan base as much as possible. I agree with the comparison to bad fan-fiction. Was relatively fun, but wasn't worth a second play-through imho (unlike FFX which I replayed about 10-12 times over the last 6 years)

FFX-2 is not the best in the series as you have no limit breaks/overdrives and also you have no summmon abilities. The only special power you get is the special dresspeheres and I don't think they are that good either. However the game is okay and I would suggest getting it if only for the kick ass cutscenes!!!

hey dont eve listen to that person mark kinzett he is wrong because he has never played so he knows noughting of the sort oif the game.i thinkg eneyone out there who want to go and get ffx2 you go for it because i suggest u get its one hell of a good game. iv played it about 4 times the best accessory in that game is the iron duke.make yr charictors strong as well.the only thing i thought was very difficult was calibrating the lighting towers in the thunder plains.so every time iv played it iv had to miss every time the samurai honour garment grid wich im a bit gutted cause i cant do it lol. other then that do get the game caise i think it is very good i give it a 5 star rating.

The Mad God Should I get FFX-2? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joleine ann taylor View Post
    hey dont eve listen to that person mark kinzett he is wrong because he has never played so he knows noughting of the sort oif the game.
    What exactly do you base that on? Everything he said was either opinion based (can't be right or wrong), or a perfectly accurate statement of fact. Whether he played the game or not is irellevant to the truth of his statments.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.