Thread: Leveling up in Blitzball....

O Rly? Leveling up in Blitzball.... Arch's Avatar

Leveling up in Blitzball....

Im trying to level up but my players just wont level up ive played ALOT of exhibition matches and i can tell if my players are even getting exp or not....help
    Last edited by Arch; 08-07-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Che
    I think the trick here is not to suck.

Certified tech, come at me! Leveling up in Blitzball.... SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thats the thing, you can't level up in Exhibition mode. You either have to play in League or Tournament mode to level your players up more.
    Currently Playing:

I want to play a game. Leveling up in Blitzball.... Zargabaath's Avatar
    At first your team won't be that good. Strategy really plays the biggest part during the beginning of Blitzball. When your players get stronger and you can hire free agents your team will beast. Both my playthroughs of Final Fantasy X my blitz ball team was insane. I felt sorry for the Ronso team cause I would get 6-8 regularly against them and they may get one goal. The other teams have a real hard time getting a goal against me too but there team is not so slow so scoring is a tiny winy bit harder. An example of how great my team is: Tidus can score from my side of the field using Sphere Shot. I have won like 70+ consecutive games.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

As the others said you don't get experience in exhibition. I recommond tournaments early on. Also, did you learn the Jecht shot?

Depending on how strong your players are, you can have them learn High-Risk which doubles experience points but halves all stats. Try equipping status shots to your shooters like Whither and Nap, Venom is not that useful. This is so that even if you miss you might put the goalie asleep, Half his block for the next shot, or keep him from blocking. This is good because you can have non-shooters score goals. This raises experience greatly. Just make sure the non-shooters or who you want to gain EXP are close to the goal if they have a really low shot. Another thing I have tried is having the player with the ball swim back to your goalie and hide behind him.. then the other players will start to spin around, just wait until a player encounters you. Break through that person and go back and hide..

just continue doing this until you are satisfied or you loose the ball. Getting all of Tidus's shots like sphere and Jehct shots 1 and 2 help a lot. It took me a while to get Jehct Sot 2. But I play tons of Blitzball. The hiding behind the goalie, doesn't work too well for me all the time. I'm guessing it's supposed to raise your experience because of all the encounters you get. The shot thing works better, but if your stats are too low when you try it though, the Hi- Risk thing is useless because you'll never get the ball.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 11-01-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Leveling up in Blitzball.... Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Re: Leveling up in Blitzball....

actually it is quite easy just keep playing and at the end of a game you should see a board with the exp

Do the elements trust you? Leveling up in Blitzball.... bahamuts heir's Avatar

Contract good players and play good and it shouldn't matter they lvl up pretty easily
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

O Rly? Leveling up in Blitzball.... Arch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    I think the trick here is not to suck.
    I think the Trick here is to suck my **** :]

yeah yeah sorry mods

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Hiring the other players is an option, but if you keep all the originals and recruit Wakka they become quite a powerful team and I think they have a few unique moves that requires all Aurochs to be on team.

Shiro Ninja Leveling up in Blitzball.... Snow Villiers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roth View Post
    Hiring the other players is an option, but if you keep all the originals and recruit Wakka they become quite a powerful team and I think they have a few unique moves that requires all Aurochs to be on team.
    that is true but if you want to have a custom team i recommend that you get Wedge, Biggs, and Brother on your team ASAP! they may be weak in the beginning but if you have them break through defenders, make goals, and defend, they will gain exp like mad... oh and you want to keep the aurochs goalie till i think wedge gets to lvl 23-26... or was is biggs?

Registered User Leveling up in Blitzball.... HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably thinking about biggs. Wedge is an Excellent shooter and after the first few levels he out classed tidus for awhile on my team. Biggs may become better but I don't really train him much.

Any who I fired both and they both play for the Luca Goers now so whatever.

Could anyone help me? I keep seeing Jecht shot II and I can't learn it. What level do I have to be? Are there other requirements? I already have the first one.

Furthermore, I can't get Arouchs Spirit for Wakka. Do I really need all the original arouchs on my team? I started getting them back but Datto just signed a 33 game contract with the Glories...I'll never get him at this rate.

Shiro Ninja Leveling up in Blitzball.... Snow Villiers's Avatar

to learn jecht shot II you need the three key abilitys to learn it... i believe the abilitys are ani-venom 2, drain tackle or drain tackle 2, and venom tackle... i may have one wrong.

also to get wakka's spirit thingy you need to have Tidus, Datto, Jassu, Botta, and Keepa, i dont know if you need Letty... also you must Wakka on your team
    Last edited by Snow Villiers; 06-02-2010 at 02:20 PM.