Thread: Just how old is Yuna, anyway?

Just how old is Yuna, anyway?

I know it's rude to ask about a girls age but hear me out. My memory may be a little rusty on this so if it has failed me on any of the following points let me know.

1. Yuna is High Summoner Braska's daughter.
    2. Braska defeated sin during his last appearance.
    3. As per the norm, he was killed in the process.
    4. The game begins at the conclusion of the resulting Calm.
    5. The Calm is a 100 year period of peace.

So...think about all that for a sec.

Because either my memory fails me, I epically suck at math (EPICALLY!! That's a word!), or Yuna is over a hundred years old.

I always knew there was something off about her. Always going around apologizing to people.

Now we know what she was really sorry about.

"I'm sorry...SORRY FOR EATING YOUR SOUL TO PRESERVE MY UNHOLY IMMORTAL LIFE!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Or something to that effect.

So what do we think? Am I crazy or am I on to something?

Oh, and yeah. I'm back. Again. Yay!
    "You taught me language, and my profit on't is I know how to curse." - The Tempest

I don't think you're crazy. But I think I can help you out a bit.

As far as I remember, it was told that Auron was away for 10 years. So Braska has defeated Sin 10 years ago. Yuna was a child and had to be brought to Besaid my Kimarhi. She lived there for 10 years, then became a summoner, etc.

I don't remember that the Calm had to be 100 years of peace. When do they mention that? Oo If they really said that... then they've made a huge mistake in this game. And that would be very very interesting. ^^

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Blog Entries
    According to the player's manual for FFX, it says that Yuna is seventeen. So, as a result, I think she might be seventeen years old, but I'm not for certain. As for the whole Calm situation, I don't think it has to be exactly 100 years from what I can remember, or because of the whole situation of Jecht teleporting Tidus into the future and ****ing up all sense of time and plot foundation in general, one can really not know for certain.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User Just how old is Yuna, anyway? Locke4God's Avatar
    Yeah I'm wondering where the idea of a 100 year calm is coming from. I just don't remember that, but help me out if that was said somewhere. From what I can tell Sin comes back relatively quickly. It had only been 10 years since Braska had beaten it and it was already back. I don't think it ever really says how long Sin had been back for but it seems as though it had been back for at least a little bit of time.

All is One.One is All. Just how old is Yuna, anyway? Firefly's Avatar
    Yea,Yuna is like 17 I believe.Well thats all I got.LOL yall said the rest.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User Just how old is Yuna, anyway? Yesha's Avatar
    Yes.. Yuna is seventeen years oLd.. I do remember that.. Sin aLways comes back after 10 years defeating it.. I hope I'm not mistaken.. so.. it's impossibLe for the CaLm to have 100 years of peace..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Yuna was 17 in FFX, because In FFX-2 ,2 years had passed since the events of FFX, where now she is 19. Just as Rikku was 15 in X and in X-2 is 17...I think....

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Want proof that Sin comes back nearly immediately? Auron said he rode Sin to Zanarkand to watch over Tidus, and Tidus admitted to knowing Auron for nearly 10 years. Braska of course had killed Sin just 10 years earlier and so the Calm must only last a year or so at most. Since Auron rode Sin to Zanarkand 10 years ago, Sin has been reactivated in Spira for nearly a Decade by the time Tidus reaches Besaid.

There is no set time limit in FFX that states how long Sin stays inactive. It never makes mention of how long or how fast he reappers in the world of Spira.

The only real information you receive is that he originated 1,000 years before the setting of X. If you want a mean average you could always count up the number of Aeons and devide it into 1,000 but that is not an accurate account of when he appears.

But looking at the limited number of Fayths in the game it would appear that the Calm can go for long periods of time or short. Possibly this could be determined by the Final Aeons actual strength and abilities.

I don't think I need to get into age, Rocky has put it pretty simply.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

レイール★レイヴン Just how old is Yuna, anyway? SacredAngel13's Avatar
    yea right, Yuna is seventeen..
    hmm..i never thought bout how old is she.. because i believe that she is 17 lol~
    i ever read it somewhere [i forget where lol~]
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

True, Sin could come back later for some calms, But

At the time of FFX, Sin had come back nearly 10 years before Yuna's pilgramage, sometime shortly after Braska defeated him, because Auron rode the reborn Sin to Zanarkand to watch over Tidus for nearly 10 years.

a daydreamer Just how old is Yuna, anyway? aerospark08's Avatar
    yuna is 17 yeers old xD

Because either my memory fails me, I epically suck at math (EPICALLY!! That's a word!), or Yuna is over a hundred years old.
    lolwut? Your memory fails you AND you suck at math.
    Calms last a variable amount of time, the one after Braska defeating Sin only lasted half a year.
    Though, none ever lasted 100 years.

From what I can tell Sin comes back relatively quickly. It had only been 10 years since Braska had beaten it and it was already back.
    It had been 10 years, but the calm only lasted half a year. That's why Sin is such a major issue during the game, it's been on the loose for 9.5 years already.

Spoiler:
    After Braska & Jecht died, Auron attacked Yunalesca and got mortally wounded. He then entrusted Yuna to Kimahri, who had been exiled from Gagazet and lost his purpose to live, now finding a new one. After that Auron went to one of the hotels or whatever they were that you find along the way and died. After that he rode Sin to DZ and watched over Tidus until the time was right to have him end the cycle.

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Just how old is Yuna, anyway? Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Re: Just how old is Yuna, anyway?

i thought the calm w3as only 10 years wow because shes only 17 in this one and 19 in part 2