Thread: I need help with armor/gil

luigi bros

I need help with armor/gil

I've been at this for at least a week. I'm trying to get everyone their ultimate equipment. I've gotten all the Celestial Weapons, and their Crest and Sigil, but now I'm onto armor. My question is, what is the best way to get the abilities Break HP Limit, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, and Auto-Shell? I know you need Wings to Discovery, Chocobo Wings, and Lunar/Light Curtains. But what is the most effecient (money wise) way to get them. If there's a way that's more expensive, but much quicker, I'll do it.

My second question is, how will I get all the money needed? I know this is going to be well over 10 million gil.

Lady Succubus I need help with armor/gil Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: I need help with armor/gil

Grind. Grind like no tomorrow, my friend. And sell loot you don't need.

What do you even need money for?

You just customize the armor right?

EDIT: unless you're buying the armor from Wantz (blank ability slots), I remember that being kind of pricey.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 01-21-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. I need help with armor/gil Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    What do you need money for?

You just customize the armor right?
    Bribing. So much bribing.

The Wings to Discovery I'm pretty sure you can only bribe from marlboros and great marlboros at the rate of about 4 for every 500,000 gil if I remember right. Though if you ask me, Break HP limit is the most overrated ability in the game, as a good team effectively using Auto-life and auto-phoenix can take down just about any arena boss. But that's just me and I don't want to get into a debate about this so I'll just shut up.

Lunar and light curtains can both be stolen pretty frequently from monsters on the Thunder Plains, lunars from the larvae whatchamacallits and light curtains from the Iron Giants. I always did that when it came to getting those. Pretty easy. Also, I think Fafnir drops a buch of light curtains when you beat it? Don't quote me on that, but if you're on that level, you can farm light curtains effectively that way if I'm right.

Chocobo wings are pie, too. Machea in the Omega Ruins are bribable, in what my strategy guide tells me is 60 for 360,000 gil.

It should also be noted that you get 99 lunar curtains for capturing all creatures inside Sin, 99 light curtains for unlocking the horned creation Juggernaut, and 99 Chocobo wings for capturing all creatures on the Thunder Plains if you haven't done so already.

And if you need gil, go to the Omega ruins. Most of the weapon drops there are worth at least 10,000 gil. Not to mention, you're in an area where Great Marlboros are random encounters, and it's really easy to level there. Literally killing three birds with one stone. Just remember to have at least one character in your party with a first strike weapon, and Provoke prevents great marlboros from using Bad Breath.

Good luck, man. Grinding sucks, but it's necessary if you want to get to the more advanced parts of the game.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Everyone needs a savior I need help with armor/gil the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luigi bros View Post
    I've been at this for at least a week. I'm trying to get everyone their ultimate equipment. I've gotten all the Celestial Weapons, and their Crest and Sigil, but now I'm onto armor. My question is, what is the best way to get the abilities Break HP Limit, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, and Auto-Shell? I know you need Wings to Discovery, Chocobo Wings, and Lunar/Light Curtains. But what is the most effecient (money wise) way to get them. If there's a way that's more expensive, but much quicker, I'll do it.

My second question is, how will I get all the money needed? I know this is going to be well over 10 million gil.
    grind grind grind grind!! go to the omega ruins and just keep at it then you can get lots of ap good dropped equipment that you can either customize or sell for more gil and you get alot of gil for the monsters you fight there just make sure your ready status and strength wise
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior