Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Downsides of Final Fantasy X?

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

Re: Downsides of Final Fantasy X?

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    Well, it wasn't really the last,Yu Yevon was. Also, without it you might be f*cked because your aeons level up as you do, but faster. Like if your hit and HP are maxed out your aeons can still instant-kill you.

Although when I've played I don't think any of the aeons did anything major that would kill everyone right away... but I'm not sure because my stats are high so maybe in a normal run though the aeon battles might be a huge mess without auto life.
    I actually meant the Yu Yevon fight cause that fight was easy as sin (not the baddie in the game) I do agree that it was nescessary during the aeon fights especially due to Bahamut and Ifrit.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

The Lone Dagger Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Xithor's Avatar

I have to say that two of the things that I loved in the game were the new Sphere Grid and the game of Blitzball, I loved having the freedom the Sphere Grid gave you to customize each character and I could play Blitzball for hours.

The thing that was frustrating was the only legendary weapon task that I could never complete, and that was getting Lulu's second half of the ingredients for her weapon which was having to dodge 200 lightning bolts at the Thunder Plains. So frustrating if you ask me haha

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

I'll make you famous Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Rydia Lover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    The only thing I think 10 needed that it didn't have was a classic world map. No one can honestly tell me they don't love running around on a badly scaled map that makes it look like you're taller than 90% of the game's buildings.
    actually i cant really say that i love walking around the world map much, i felt it worked really well in the older 2d final fantasies, but it felt too farfetched with the transition to 3d.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

The Mad God Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Heartless Angel's Avatar

I still liked it in 3d, but I will admit it worked better in 2d.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Xanatos's Avatar

The game's linearity didn't bother me at all, besides the excellent story there were a lot of things to do. Though there were few things I didn't like:

Obtaining most of the ultimate weapons for instance, annoying and tedious procedure.

Blitzball, but in all honesty I never gave this a real try.

Kimahri was huge disappointment for a Blue Mage.

Omega Weapon, my favorite monster through entire franchise turned into some kind of joke, luckily, Dark Aeons and Penance are there for those eager for challenge.

I must be one of the rare ones who aren't bothered with Tidus voice, in fact I found Yuna's voice to be more annoying.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Tidus' voice wasn't THAT horrible. It fit his character. His character may have been a bit annoying at times, but it wasn't the fault of the voice.

And to add to the auto life on the final boss thing i hadn't bothered to respond to... Yeah, if not for that, I would've been boned in the Aeon fights. I've nearly maxed out Bahamut's speed, and he can hit 99999 on the entire party with impulse <.< So yeah, i don't think I'd really WANT to fight him without autolife... Outside of that, I've never really died in that fight anyways, outside of the occasional Pain from Anima, so the presence of autolife doesn't change much.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

The Brave Downsides of Final Fantasy X?

Post Re: Downsides of Final Fantasy X?

If i have to say something, the FFX was a rather decent game, the only thing that i would have wanted in this game are Ultimate Challenges, they are kind of like the Cloister of Trials, but more extreme and you can also encounter monster in them, I think that these would have kept us busy for a while.

Registered User Downsides of Final Fantasy X? + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

--Tidus whines and cries WAY too much. It's like someone pulled aside the VA before recording and told him to just be as annoying as humanly possible. And he sounded even worse when he had to rush his lines to keep up with the character's mouth.

--The "laughing" scene. I wish there were an option to skip the cutscenes. Most of them are okay, but then there are a few that just drive me nuts, and that was one of them.

--Some of this game's features were too hard or tedious to really enjoy--especially the ultimate weapons, blitzball and dodging lightning bolts in the Thunder Plains. On my first time, I just ran through that place as fast as I could.

--I didn't like the Cloister of Trials sections, although they were implemented very well. I'm not much of a puzzle fan. (Thank goodness I had the strategy guide to help me later in the game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel
    The only thing I think 10 needed that it didn't have was a classic world map. No one can honestly tell me they don't love running around on a badly scaled map that makes it look like you're taller than 90% of the game's buildings.
    *raises hand* Me! There was nothing I disliked more in other FF games than getting lost on the world map and running around with no idea of what to do. (And for the record, I think IX pulled off the 3D world map brilliantly.) I actually liked FFX's linear nature, the sphere system, the lack of long complicated minigames and stuff that other players weren't crazy about...

But getting horribly horribly lost and finding a high level monster that you weren't mean to meet at this point in the game and being mercilessly raped is half the fun of adventuring!

Rabanastran Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Belugn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by + Revenant + View Post
    --Tidus whines and cries WAY too much. It's like someone pulled aside the VA before recording and told him to just be as annoying as humanly possible. And he sounded even worse when he had to rush his lines to keep up with the character's mouth.
    Am I the only one who actually think Tidus is one of the LEAST whiny FF main protagonists? I think Squall outdoes anybody in that department. But enough FFVIII bashing from my side, hehe. Tidus gets way too little cred for actually being an incredibly POSITIVE character, despite his and the other party members hardships. And I think people are forgetting that the laugh in the so called "laughing scene" is supposed to be forced. When they've finished, they laugh in their general manner. In my book, the FFX ~laughing scene~ is one of my favourite scenes in the gaming world overall.
    "I don't think I have what it takes to make a good action game. I think I'm better at telling a story."
    Hironobu Sakaguchi

Tern16420

the 1 and only thing that I didn't like was Blitzball. I know sorry everyone, I just could never get the hang of it. Maybe I didn't give it enough time.

The downsides can be summed up into one word.

TIDUS.

Just kidding ^~. I wish that the world map had been more accessible and flexible through the game. It was pretty linear, but I did still love the game.

Having only one character being able to summon was a limitation at first... but I learned to get over that and still love it!

I can't say I found many downfalls to this game... it was pretty awesome.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Treize's Avatar

The downsides can be summed up into one word.

Kimahri. =P

I really didn't mind that the game is linear. I liked the story, so I didn't feel the need to go off wondering about.

I have to agree that a lot of the minigames and "sidequests" are just long and tedious. Most of them just don't seem worth the effort to me unlike how I would love to complete almost all of the extras in previous Final Fantasy games.

Tidus's voice was a little annoying, but I found the actual character to be decent.

Maybe the bosses after Yunalesca are too easy? I don't think there are too many problems with this game.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

While I did like the game, I did think it had some flaws.

First off, I thought that some characters (Tidus, Yuna, and Rikku) were more developed than other characters (Wakka and Lulu).
    Spoiler:
    I REALLY would've loved to hear more about Wakka's relationship to Lulu considering that his brother Chappu wanted to marry her. (And yes, I am aware of their relationship in X-2 so you don't have to tell me)

As for not having a world map? I'm sort of torn on this issue. On one hand, I miss the freedom I had in games like FF7 or FF9 (the only other two FF games I played so far.) On the other hand, I did like how it felt like I was on a pilgrimage with the set path I was given, that was pretty cool.

For the sidequests and minigames, I haven't tried them all yet as I skipped some of them. (Although I do plan to do them) The ones I did try were mostly hit and miss. I hated Blitzball, but I liked the chocobo races and training challenges.

Overall, while I do think FFX was a really good game, I felt like it could've been better.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Let's see, how about zanarkand? Isn't there a fayth there? How about putting Diablos there. And also, how about having the characters search the upper parts of Gagazet for alexander? There is allot of the calm lands we couldn't get to, how about expanding it and having odin there. And there is allot of Besaid that we didn't see, how about a secret part that gives you leviathan.

And, kimahris celestrial weapon sux, same with lulu

Controlling With Fear Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

I think that the blitzball tutorial would actually let you play a practice game or somthing before you played the actual game. And if there is a way to practice beforehand, plz let me know.
    Last edited by Dawezy; 10-12-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Downsides of Final Fantasy X? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Actually, that idea would have been good instead of launching you into the tournament *laughs*. And I think they increase the difficulty if you lose the tournament. (I mean blitzball afterwards)

This is my favourite FF game but I agree there was some annoying aspects. 1) First off more Aeons. 2) Second some of the mini games (Butterfly Hunt, The Chocobo Race, Dodging Lightning Bolts) were incredibly tedious but saying that at least they were challenging! That is about it however apart from those minor things the game completely Rocks!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2