View Poll Results: Is FFX can be categorized as romantic story??

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • 50:50

2 33.33%
  • No

1 16.67%

Thread: do u think FFX is a romantic story??

kingdomheart92

do u think FFX is a romantic story??

4 me,the love between tidus n yuna give the effect for this story..Whats ur opinion??

Registered User do u think FFX is a romantic story?? Yesha's Avatar
    Yes.. of course.. their Love story is somewhat makes the game more interesting and exciting.. the first time I noticed Tidus has bit affection for Yuna, I have this question in my mind, if they're going to be together 'tiL the end or not.. and that's one of the reason why I finished this game.. but, sadLy, the ending is very sad.. as I expected..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Registered User do u think FFX is a romantic story??
    I don't think it's meant to be seen as a "love story" per se, but there are romantic parts in it. I don't think I have to point out the specifics, so I won't.

I chose no, because I think this is more of a story about sacrifice than it is about love. Yuna and Tidus did have that chemistry, but overall, it was about the sacrifices made to bring peace to the world of Spira. Yuna was ready to give her life in order for Sin to be "defeated". Also, her guardians were ready to make that commitment as well. If that's not the definition of sacrifice then I don't know what is.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Che
    Yes, the love story between Tidus and Zanarkand was heartbreaking. Who's Yuna?

Registered User do u think FFX is a romantic story?? Locke4God's Avatar
    Yeah, it's got a love angle, but all of the games do. Cloud for Tifa & Aeries, Locke for Terra & Celes, and then more obviously Zidane for Garnett. But the most apparent one was Squall for Rinoa. That whole game and the games final villian Ultimacia were all centered around that love angle between those characters. As far as 10 goes, there is definately a love element, but the core of the game is about the Philosophical upheaval that takes place in Spira and not about Tidus & Yuna.

Postingway do u think FFX is a romantic story?? Maciariello's Avatar
    The love story adds to the overall tale and gives it more emotional value, but the story is ultimately about sacrifice (Yuna taking on Sin), facing your fears (Tidus facing his father), and the bond people make in order to achieve an important goal (all of Yuna's guardians coming together as a team to save Spira).

At least that's how I interpreted the meaning.

Death Before Dishonor do u think FFX is a romantic story?? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    Yeah, it's got a love angle, but all of the games do. Cloud for Tifa & Aeries, Locke for Terra & Celes, and then more obviously Zidane for Garnett. But the most apparent one was Squall for Rinoa.
    I agree with this completely each game has some kind of love in it...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

a daydreamer do u think FFX is a romantic story?? aerospark08's Avatar
    i think it is yes..
    a pilgrimage road bring love for them..
    so sweet story

"The people and the friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

I don't think the love story was the main focus, but it was the second most important part of it.

Can I be forgiven for what I am now do u think FFX is a romantic story?? xXCloudXx's Avatar
    FFX did have romance in it's story, but I don't think the main focus was on the romantic part. The main point of the game was to defeat sin and try to find away to make him not return. Yidus and Yuna's romance was the second main focus of the game but not the actual plot. I guess it could also lead to the romance between Lulu and Wakka in FFX-2. haha But that isn't the main point of that game eather. lol

SPOILER!!:
    My TFF Family

My Jenova-cell infused, awesome brother,Armageddon

My Super Smarticles sister Insufficient Mage

My Magic loving, big eyed brother ViviMasterMage

My black souled, Evil doing brother SephirothII

SPOILER!!:

All is One.One is All. do u think FFX is a romantic story?? Firefly's Avatar
    Yes! But like most of yall have said,it wasn't the actual plot.But to some it is,and I get that.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Rabanastran do u think FFX is a romantic story?? Belugn's Avatar
    I have to say 50/50. Sure, the love between them wasn't really the main core, but it sure would've been a lot less without it. Part of the main core is, as already stated above, about being ready to make sacrifices. Spira is a broken world. To me the religious part of the game was very interesting too. I mean, the religion of Yevon was just a cover up for what was really going on. How Wakka comes to realize everything he's stood for was just a lie, and coming to terms with Rikku blahablaha. FFX had a lot of heavy feelings, not just love between man and woman.

I'd say it was a really really interesting love story though. It's nice when a love story is made, but it's not the only focus of it, because that's when such stories get nothing but cheesy.

Ellipsis do u think FFX is a romantic story?? Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
    My god. I love the story in X. It's so touching, that in the sequel, Yuna is looking for Tidus. *happy tears*

*sniff* Moves me by heart even more with Lenne and Shuyin getting back together.

It's.....It's like a cliche novel, except it's a game, and, it's got Final Fantasy.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Viva la SePOOHroth!!! XD do u think FFX is a romantic story?? luckystar314's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by *Yesha* View Post
    Yes.. of course.. their Love story is somewhat makes the game more interesting and exciting.. the first time I noticed Tidus has bit affection for Yuna, I have this question in my mind, if they're going to be together 'tiL the end or not.. and that's one of the reason why I finished this game.. but, sadLy, the ending is very sad.. as I expected..
    I agree with yesha their love story makes it interesting...the ending was so sadd tho i cried DX thank god for FF X-2 lol

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES do u think FFX is a romantic story?? Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Re: do u think FFX is a romantic story??

i feel it definently is a romance story between tidus and yuna