View Poll Results: Do you think little Shinra warped the Farplane into the FFVII world?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 7.14%
  • Never!

7 50.00%
  • Maybe

6 42.86%

Thread: Con-Spira-cy!

Memento Rhapso Con-Spira-cy! Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Con-Spira-cy!

Sorry for the pun, couldn't resist, and if this is a repeat thread please don't yell at me mods, I mean no harm lol

Do you guys think the little boy named Shinra in X-2 went on to make the Farplane into the world of FFVII? It seems like it'd fit because the machina reverted to a half primitive state and would've had evolved to the point of trains and guns by the years of FFVII. Plus, Mako is the planet's life energy, and spheres are made in those neat little life ponds. Connection? That, and the Farplane is full of passed on spirits. Spirits go to planet energy, planet energy to mako. The only snafu with this idea I see is Shinra would've had to live quite awhile to mould the farplane into the world. So, President Shinra may have been ancient or a descendant. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Rhaps; 04-17-2010 at 09:20 AM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Entropic Adversary Con-Spira-cy! Leonknight's Avatar

Re: Con-Spira-cy!

Actually when i first saw the character in the game, i didn't get the connection untill i almost beat the game, and then it was the whole facepalm moment. After that though i started to hate the character. But i don't think there is no connection, enix probably ran out of ideas for names <<
    "Embrace the Stillness of Eternity"

The Lone Dagger Con-Spira-cy! Xithor's Avatar

I don't know but it is definitely possible, they might have just run out of names or they're just trying to incorporate it into the games like they do with the recurring names. I remember them throwing Gilgamesh into IX but it had no real influence to the game. It is def possible

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Che

As much as you want desperately for the two games to be connected, they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    As much as you want desperately for the two games to be connected, they aren't.
    ^This

and also there WAS a thread, before.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Memento Rhapso Con-Spira-cy! Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aw damn, had a feeling. Should I ask a mod to kill it or did the other one already die out?

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Con-Spira-cy! Tallulah's Avatar

Hmmm... It's just a clever reference put in there to make fans think.

It does fit, with the spirit energy of pyreflies and the Farplane, little Shinra could have been the first to harness this, and create 'Mako energy' hence the Shinra Elctric Company, or whatever it's called. However, it's just a throwback. Final Fantasy IX is full of 'em!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

The real reason why the rum is gone Con-Spira-cy! Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

This is an interesting theory! Could be xD

And also... I for one appreciate the thread name pun

It's interesting! I was actually tearing my brain up trying to make a decent connection. I knew Shinra the whiz kid couldn't be a coincidence. Hm. I'll be thinking about this, I've just restarted X-2
    Yes. More jigawatts.

Blog Entries

Judging from the geographical maps of the planets from FF7 and FF10, I'd say, no.

That's FFX.

That's FFVII.

FFX is a lot smaller world as a whole. One "main" continent with a few major outlying islands. FF7 on the other hand has three major continents, along with a smaller but farther out far west continent where Wutai occupies it.

If you wanna get all FFX biblical and figure out an explanation on how Shinra somehow is the connection between the two games, that's dandy and all but don't try to ignore the fact that there's no ****ing explanation for making a world double in size.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Well gosh darnit you're a ray of sunshine, Rocky. XD
    I can see what you mean, but if the makers got the idea once they'd already made 7, well if I were them I'd just do it. It's not like the majority of fans would notice that hitch, and it is a nice addition.
    Yes. More jigawatts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xDark-Yunax View Post
    Well gosh darnit you're a ray of sunshine, Rocky. XD
    I can see what you mean, but if the makers got the idea once they'd already made 7, well if I were them I'd just do it. It's not like the majority of fans would notice that hitch, and it is a nice addition.
    lol, does that mean I'm in the minority then?

A FF game doesn't have to have a relevant connection to another one to be successful. I see what you're saying that it would be cool and all, but it's not needed by any means and it would only further muck with the storyline of both games.

The name "shinra" was just a throwback to FF7. Stuff like that happens. Like in FF13 for example, there is a ship called the "Palomporom", which is a throwback to the magic twins in FF4, Palom and Porom. It doesn't mean that the magicians revived from the past a billion years later and became some ultimate gundam ship fighter of justice thing. It's just a respectful nod to it's roots. The ship "Nautilius" didn't became found by it's Cocoon residents and made redesigned into a theme park. Garland did not go millions of years into the future to troll Zidane in the Gaia world. You see what I'm getting at? If we kept this up, then the games would just get silly and I would rather jam a pole up my urethra then play something so outlandish.

/rant.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I would rather jam a pole up my urethra then play something so outlandish.

/rant.
    I don't think you could ever understand how hard I rofled just then.

I guess it is farfetched, but I'm not saying it's a big deal addition, or a definite thing. Just one of those things that rewards observant gamers and makes them go 'Ooooh yeahhhh'. *tries to think of an example* ... er...
    Like when you first start playing FF and you notice there's a Cid in every game and it feels like a big revelation for you.
    I didn't know there was a ship called Palomporom. That's fantastic. :'D
    Yes. More jigawatts.

The Lone Dagger Con-Spira-cy! Xithor's Avatar

Wasn't the farplane in Guadosalam? So in essence the entire Final Fantasy VII world would have to exist in Guadosalam for the theory to be right. Just thought of that when the two world maps were displayed. Is that right about the location of the Farplane or am I mistaken as that being just a place that existed as a place where you could interact with dead relatives and not as the actual Farplane in its entirety?

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

This is the thing, it's never actually made clear if that is all of the farplane, or if it continues somehow. But it couldn't. It's not as if it's another dimension, it's a tangible area for exploration same as any other - but if it were infinite, as it seems to sound until you see it, I'm pretty sure Guadosalam wouldn't be able to keep it in what is essentially a cave.
    Yes. More jigawatts.

From the ruins of Zanarkand Con-Spira-cy! Yuna's Avatar

Uhm and what about "Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania" ? There's a part who clearly talk about a connection of the two episodes !

This is it:

As some fans of Final Fantasy VII, X and X-2 may or may not know, the worlds
    of the two games share a plot-related connection. The connection's existance
    was established during an interview with Yoshinori Kitase (lead developer of
    the Final Fantasy series) and Kazushige Nojima (the scenario writer of Final
    Fantasy VII, Before Crisis, Advent Children, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy
    X, Final Fantasy X-2 and the Kingdom Hearts series) in 2002, as featured in
    the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Omega guidebook, an official Square-Enix
    publication.

This interview established that there would be a connection between the two
    worlds, though it didn't detail it. However, based on what was later revealed
    to be the connection, it's clear that it had already been conceived, as
    Kitase hints at it with his final word on the subject. In 2003, the exact
    nature of the concept was finally revealed in the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania,
    having been hinted toward by a few elements of the game.

Nojima revealed that Shinra of the Gullwings, an Al Bhed child prodigy and
    inventor of various machinery, would attempt using the remains of Vegnagun --
    the behemoth machina Shuyin tried to destroy Spira with -- to extract life
    energy from the Farplane and use it to power machines. Shinra would attempt
    doing this as a result of his analysis of the Farplane late in the game.
    During this diagnostic, Shinra concluded that there was a great deal of energy
    floating around inside the Farplane, and that it was most likely the life
    force of Spira, which could be extracted and used as a power source; however,
    he concluded that it would take generations to properly implement the idea.

Further of note is that Nojima explained that the Al Bhed entrepeneur Rin also
    was interested in extracting mako from the Farplane, and that he provided
    Shinra with the funding to make the attempt. For his part, Rin's desire to do
    this is revealed during the game should he be uncovered as the culprit behind
    covering up the malfunctioning machina disaster on the Mi'hen Highroad.

Nojima went on to say that Shinra's attempts to use Vegnagun's remains failed
    and that he was unable to complete the concept of mako-extraction, just as
    Shinra had predicted. However, some 1000 years later, once space travel became
    possible, Shinra's descendants would go on a voyage to the world of Final
    Fantasy VII. There, at some point in the future, they would be successful in
    utilizing the concept, and would provide electricity from the Planet for a
    price; these descendants would found the Shin-Ra Company of Final Fantasy VII.

The connection would again be hinted toward in the Final Fantasy X-2:
    International+Last Mission (released in 2004) game's Last Mission scenario, in
    which Rikku revealed that Rin and Shinra had begun working together. Finally,
    the Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega guidebook (released in 2005) also brings
    forth mention of the concept.

I will here present the dialogue from Final Fantasy X-2 that hints at the
    connection, as well as the interviews and other translations that establish
    its existance as part of official Final Fantasy continuity.
    You can find all the script here Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania FAQ - IGN FAQs

Okay, you can say this is a really mess ! Both of the chapter are connected because they have the same theme, and this is sphere ! You can find it in materias, the name of the world, Spira, the eternal circle of death and reborn of High summons and Dream Zanarkand...But it seems like Rufus is the heir of the little Shinra !

Let me know what you think about this !

Registered User Con-Spira-cy! NeoAquarius12's Avatar

So, are we to believe that the FFX world are the Ancients? That's what I get from that little excerpt. That Shinra's descendants lead people off of Spira (meaning of course that Jenova somehow came with him) and established a life on the FFVII planet?

I mean, that is literally CRAZY. But I mean, I don't know, I'm not the story writer for these games. It could be the ultimate plan for the Final Fantasy games. It's all one fantasy. haha. Wild. But I like it. Even if it seems a little... impossible.