View Poll Results: So, which do you prefer doing??

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Digital art. <3

0 0%
  • Traditional art. <3

5 55.56%
  • .....Neither.

0 0%
  • BOTH! <3 <3

4 44.44%

Thread: Digital/Traditional?

Ellipsis Digital/Traditional? Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Digital/Traditional?

Simple question:

Do you like to do traditional art or digital?

---------
    I prefer doing digital, since it's easy. But I do like the nice feeling of holding a pencil too.
    (I can't imagine drawing with a tablet though.... How do those things work? xD My friend has one, but.... D: It's like magic or something.... Don't tell me. =w= )

Registered User Digital/Traditional? kupo's Avatar

Re: Digital/Traditional?

digital is cool, but im a sucker for traditional. especially photography, it took me until my sr. year in college til i used a digital camera for class. with art, im a very hands on kind of person so sitting behind a computer manipulating images just dosen't cut it.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Dragoon Digital/Traditional? TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

I chose Traditional purely as it is the only one I'm good at (to a very 2D degree) and therefore enjoy creating, but I really appreciate those with the skills to do digital.

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi View Post
    (I can't imagine drawing with a tablet though.... How do those things work? xD My friend has one, but.... D: It's like magic or something.... Don't tell me. =w= )
    However when I had a tablet I did well with it, it's to get used too due to lack of friction so it ca be hard to judge/control and also be unresponsive if you try to work too fast with it. Just wish I still had a pic I drew in paint with it
    (If I find it and is not too many pixels I will upload.)
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

Registered User Digital/Traditional?

I've worked more with traditional art, so I think that I have a tendency to be partial to that particular way of doing things, but I have been doing a little bit of digital. I want to invest in a tablet too, because I think it would be a lot easier to work with than just a mouse pad.

But for the sake of the topic, I went ahead and voted traditional. Something about working with/manipulating physical media to create works of art is something that is so enjoyable for me. Plus, I don't have to worry about my computer suddenly shutting off and losing the work that I had, if I forgot to save in a while of course.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.