Thread: CD cover design

Elloewen CD cover design ultimatekupo's Avatar

CD cover design

My mums a graphic designer and her friend Natalie Nicole gilbert asked for a CD cover and my mom let me do it. I just finished earlier this evening. I haven't heard back from Natalie herself yet. But I am pretty excited. The CD is called "Breathing Hope" and if she likes it, this will go on itunes and in stores ^^. That would be my 3rd print this year XD So cross your fingers for me. What do you all think? (btw it is a painting that I did in acrylic)

Last edited by ultimatekupo; 07-15-2010 at 12:58 AM.
    "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow" -Shakespeare

Re: CD cover design

Heeyy that's not bad at all ^^

What kind of paint did you use? it looks like normal kind to me....I think

I'm terrible with Acrylic D;
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 07-15-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

lol yeah its acrylic XD thank you. (Im bad with oil O.o)

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekupo View Post
    lol yeah its acrylic XD thank you. (Im bad with oil O.o)
    Da fack

hahah. I honestly have a few tubes of acrylic and I haven't touched it. I used it once and for the most part it was a solid one color thing.

I hate having to use separate brushes for it :s

but anyway that's good though ^^

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

lol I have to order giant bottles of acrylic. Always running out.

Air from my lungs. CD cover design Violet's Avatar

That's actually really awesome. I like the colors.. it definitely looks good enough to be a CD cover. I think the only problem is like, the blurred areas in the center of the fairy.. it looks like you used the smudge tool on Photoshop or something...unless I'm just tripping out . But it's fantastic overall.

I think since you're painting more "flowy" stuff like that you should stick to the "normal" paint since Acrylic is harder to manipulate once it starts drying.

Not that you can lift normal paint but you can still move it around a little once it's dry with water or more paint if you really needed too. Plus Acrylic is more expensive D: all you can really do to fix something with acrylic is to add more paint, which can make it heavy.

My favorite is watercolor, I have a set of tubes with a lot of different colors and they'll last me forever, since you don't need that much (and you can lift it ^^) It's different but you can control the thickness of it if you wanted too.

(one of the light bulbs in my room blew out -_-)
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 07-15-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Registered User CD cover design winterborn86's Avatar

I think it's brilliant , you definitely have a talent
    Wish I could paint like that, I think paints ruining my pictures, so I just leave then as detailed drawings

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    I think since you're painting more "flowy" stuff like that you should stick to the "normal" paint since Acrylic is harder to manipulate once it starts drying.

Not that you can lift normal paint but you can still move it around a little once it's dry with water or more paint if you really needed too. Plus Acrylic is more expensive D: all you can really do to fix something with acrylic is to add more paint, which can make it heavy.

My favorite is watercolor, I have a set of tubes with a lot of different colors and they'll last me forever, since you don't need that much (and you can lift it ^^) It's different but you can control the thickness of it if you wanted too.

(one of the light bulbs in my room blew out -_-)

what do you mean by "normal" paint? As far as I know there is tempera, (which is impossible. its dries chalky), acrylic (dries at my pace and I LOVE layers oil, which is the most expensive in all, and it takes a month to dry, and water color. There there are student grade everything. (which makes acrylics cheaper in bulk because they are much runnier) I use water color occasionally. But What I do most often is paint with acrylic like it is water color, by using a lot of water, and I constantly wipe the access with paper towels, and save the paper towels, and draw on them once they are colorful or use them in collages. check out my new post if you wanna see examples.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekupo View Post
    what do you mean by "normal" paint? As far as I know there is tempera, (which is impossible. its dries chalky), acrylic (dries at my pace and I LOVE layers oil, which is the most expensive in all, and it takes a month to dry, and water color. There there are student grade everything. (which makes acrylics cheaper in bulk because they are much runnier) I use water color occasionally. But What I do most often is paint with acrylic like it is water color, by using a lot of water, and I constantly wipe the access with paper towels, and save the paper towels, and draw on them once they are colorful or use them in collages. check out my new post if you wanna see examples.
    >_>; tempera obviously, since it's commonly used lol, definately not talking about oil I'm too poor for oil atm even though I like it a lot as for the chalky, you can just use a thinner tempera paint as a glaze (with medium)

So basically you're thinning it, I guess you just have to remember not to add more than like half with acrylic.. which works but then again I don't use that much acrylic

I guess whatever works for you, just a suggestion. I have a 22ml set of tubes of just the primaries plus white and it was like 50 bucks @_@ for just that let alone giant bottles lol
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 07-18-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    >_>;

I guess whatever works for you, just a suggestion. I have a 22ml set of tubes of just the primaries plus white and it was like 50 bucks @_@ for just that let alone giant bottles lol
    yikes! yeah I would never pay that much. Try dickblick.com they are a lot cheaper. I got student grade bulk for a decent price. Good luck