Thread: Art Requests

Air from my lungs. Art Requests Violet's Avatar

Art Requests

So, you've been wanting someone to draw a picture, and don't know exactly how to ask or get anyone's attention. Well, you've come to the right place. Here is where all requests can be made. If you feel like drawing for someone, this is a good place to start.

But to make this work, we need to get some artists interested, first. Otherwise, who's going to do the drawing? You don't need to be some professional. But I don't think someone would want stick figures, either, if you know what I mean. .

So, I'll start you all off with a simple guide to go by:

SPOILER!!:

1. First off, this is not a professional art site. If you want something extremely professional, go to Deviantart.com or Conceptart.org. However, there ARE some people here who have decent drawing skills.

2. Think of this as practice for your own abilities and just for fun.

3. Let's say you have an art block.. a really bad one. If you try drawing someone's request, it could help you get through the trouble. With an art block, you just need to simply start drawing to get rid of it.

4. When asking for a request, please be more specific with what you want. Just saying "I need someone to draw me a pic. Plz PM me" isn't good. Something more around the lines of: "I'd like someone to draw me a picture of Tifa in a black dress. I don't care what you put as the background or whatever, as long as she's the main focus point." IS good. So yes, please be specific. I don't want anyone spamming this up.

5. For the artist.. when you accept a request, don't keep putting it off. Just draw it as soon as possible to get it done with. Otherwise, you're making people wait on you and they'll eventually lose interest.

6. BE RESPECTFUL.

7. Oh yeah, also. This is the internet. So if you specialize in only painting, or something.. you won't be able to send that to the person via airplane mail . All stuff on here is either gonna be used for digital purposes.. or someone might luckily have a good scanner. Just keep this in mind before making over-the-top requests.

8. When you're finished with your art, you can post it in this thread for everyone to see. That way, it'll encourage others to participate.

So that's that. If you have any questions, PM me. At least give this a try.. and don't forget to give the artists credit for their work.

Artists

• Violet

Site: http://droguta.deviantart.com/
      Style of Art: Western/Anime(Specializes in character designs)
      Tools of the Trade: Wacom Tablet, Photoshop CS3

• Azuteor

Site: http://azuteor.deviantart.com
      Style of Art: Anime, Digital Art
      Tools of the Trade: pencils, ink pens, GIMP, Easy Paint Tool SAI
    Last edited by Violet; 12-14-2008 at 10:17 PM.

People should be required to provide references if they want something specific on the drawing. Even though our imagination is left to us, it may get difficult to begin with if you don't have anything to look at. Also, it might serve well for the client if artists show the progress of the artwork daily or weekly depending on the deadline.

Hey thanks for that invite from dA! I'll be glad to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Azuteor View Post
    People should be required to provide references if they want something specific on the drawing. Even though our imagination is left to us, it may get difficult to begin with if you don't have anything to look at. Also, it might serve well for the client if artists show the progress of the artwork daily or weekly depending on the deadline.

Hey thanks for that invite from dA! I'll be glad to join!
    That's a good idea. So, anyone requesting can put up a reference pic of the character they want to be drawn or whatever, right? I'll add that in.

I was also told to make a list of current artists on here and put a couple links below their names to give clients an idea of how they draw. But I'd need their cooperation as well. If you wanna be on the list, Azu, pick a few drawings so I can put it next to your name.

Instead of linking to individual artwork, link to the dA gallery if an artist has one. If not then you can provide a link to some of their work. One thing I want to point out is that each artist will have different art styles and certain types they specialize in such as realism, abstract, and anime. It may help to give a detailed description of the artist so the client will know who to ask.

It would be weird for someone to ask for a photomanip to an artist who draws anime. ^^' Just a suggestion.

Haha, yeah, you're right ><. I'll go get all that prepared right now, then. Hopefully more can get interested in this, it could be fun.
    Edit: So what would you like me to write for your description?

Need someone to do a few character concepts for me. If interested, PM me.

Details will be released via PM.
    Last edited by bjenks; 12-14-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Alrighty, I added in another rule to the drop-down window:

8. When you're finished with your art, you can post it in this thread for everyone to see. That way, it'll encourage others to participate.

Anyone's allowed to comment on such posted pictures, too. I'll get started on your request, bjenks, as soon as you give me the details.

Thanks Violet. I've PM'ed you with a few other questions.