This is a Story I made a ways back on another Forum. There are minor Spelling mistakes, please bear with me:

Chapter One…

“So what exactly did you see last night before you discovered your crops almost completely destroyed?” asked the Feminine reporter.

“Well,” the farmer paused. “The day turned into dark, the dark became the day. I was setting up fences when I saw it. I peered into the sky…a great light… it…it was…beautiful. I ain’t seen nothing like it in my entire life. I’ve worked in the fields since I was a tot; we are being visited…they are coming.” he answered.
“And what makes you think it was extraterrestrial?” she asked him.
“Wellp…I can feel it in my bones, I can sense it. You must prepare they are coming!” the old fart repeated.
“Well, you heard it from KNN news first. A farmer, haunted by “aliens”, This Julia Roberts, back to you Paul”. The television station switched back to the studio.
“It doesn’t look like he’s alone.” Said Paul pointing to a symbol. People all over the world have been reporting seeing aliens. Are we really being visited? Well that’s all tonight folks, this is Paul Yoder with KNN news; Goodnight, and have a nice weekend!” the news then switched over to a commercial.

My wife walked into the living room and loomed over the couch I was sitting in.
“So do you believe Aliens have been sighted?” she asked. My wife, she is so beautiful. From the day we met I knew she was the one. We had only been married for 2 years though, but we’d been dating since being freshman in high school. She has brunette hair, a slender build, and has the most wonderful smile.
“Erm…Why would I believe in aliens? They don’t even have proof.” I said pretending not to have been distracted.
“I don’t know…you write about them all the time.” she said in a low worried tone.
She then took a seat beside me. She was wearing a red blouse. She worked as a stylist at a local beauty salon in town and made a nice income.
Me, well I’m an author. I’m well known for my science fiction stories. Especially my Galactic Rage series; it seems to be a hot choice for Halloween costumes these days. We live out in the country, about 20 miles from the nearest town in Kansas; a state in the Mid-west of America.
“Honey, I don’t think we should get all worked up about it. We’ll be fine, I’m sure it was nothing.” I said. I wasn’t sure if I was just dodging what I really thought, or just trying to be sure my wife didn’t worry. I had to say it’d be okay, that’s just how much I love her.

I sighed and said, “So, what do you want to eat?”
“How about we do some homemade cooking like we used to when our parents were gone.” She said. she was smiling that lovable smile.
“I’d love to cook with you Linda,” I answered smiling back. I stood up and said, “I call dessert!” and ran to the kitchen.
She chased after me almost immediately, “I wanna cook dessert!” she said laughing. We are so happy together, soul mates until death I thought smiling.

©TEG/BoD