Thread: Favourite Author, Favourite Books

Asking all the personal questions. Favourite Author, Favourite Books RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Favourite Author, Favourite Books

Im going to post this here because i don't where else to post it

I want to talk about books im a pretty big book worm so if there is any one else out there who loves a good book this is the thread for you.

Firstly tell us what books you are currently reading?

Who's you favourite author?

Favorite book/s
    etc
    and any thing else about books you would like to share
    Im currently reading Seven Ancient Wonders by Matthew Reilly
    brilliant book so far its about a team of 9 from different small nations trying to retrieve seven pieces of an ancient golden capstone that used to be on top of the great pyramid of giza while racing the American and European forces who want it for its power thats a brief bit about it anyway im half way through it and it really good its sort of like Dan Browns Da Vinci code.
    My favourite author is Robbin Hobb a fantasy based author of the Farseer Trilogy, The tawny Man trilogy and the Liveship Traders trilogy and many others.

My second favourite would be David Eddings and his co-author for some of his books his wife Leigh Eddings another brilliant fantasy based author with a fair few books to his name including the The Belgarid series, The Mallorean series(both of which i have succesfully aquired on ebay), The Elenium, The Tamuli series, and the Dreamers series and thats not mentioning the single books they've published.

My favourite book/s would be the Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

karl Brown Favourite Author, Favourite Books Vincent Heart's Avatar
    Well first of all im reading Eldest and my favorite part so far is when you find out Murtagh has a dragen named Thorn.

My favorite author is the man that wrote the Inheritance series which his nam is Christopher Paolini. He curently has three books and is going to come out with another one.

My favorite book is Eragon. My favorite part is when Eragon and Saphira(which is a dragon) fight Durza.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I love Natsuo Kirino. She's a Japanese psychological crime writer and her books are just fascinating. Favourite book by her is OUT, the first of her books to be translated into English.

I love most Japanese writers, since their books hold elements of surrealism most of the time. I loved Daphne du Marier's Rebecca, as well.
    Favourite kids' book is probably Chris Riddells' "Edge Chronicles" series, which has similar attributes to Final Fantasy.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Asking all the personal questions. Favourite Author, Favourite Books RamesesII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow a book thats like Final Fantasy that would have to be my dream come true thats almost erotic lol

Chaz Daja where can i find it gimme gimme i want it

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Lady Succubus Favourite Author, Favourite Books Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have a Literature forum for this. And threads inside the literature forum for this.

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/literature/
    Last edited by Victoria; 02-04-2009 at 09:03 AM.

This should win best thread ever or something.

Contrary to most people who have posted so far, I generally dislike fantasy. I’ll certainly make exceptions but it has to be written well. Fantasy now a days just seems like a massive money making machine, a la Eragon.

Instead I like what some people like to call “Surrealist fiction”, I personally don’t agree with that but bleh you can’t argue the majority. It’s stuff like Invisible monsters by Chuck Palahniuk or Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis. I read a great book called senseless the other day, was in a similar vein to fight club.

My top three authors are as follows:
    Bret Easton Ellis
    Chuck Palahniuk
    Ben Elton

My top three books (this IS subject to change)
    American Psycho
    Choke
    Popcorn

I also like to read classics, though I'm not a big fan of Jane Austen I do like Charles Dickens, Donby and Son is a great book. Tolstoy is a genuis as well, I've read Lolita which was fantastic (and not about pedophillia already!) but I've never read War and Peace, it's on my "to read" pile but just looks so daunting.

I invented Go-Gurt. Favourite Author, Favourite Books Clint's Avatar
    I'm currently reading Congo by Michael Crichton. I became a fan of Mr. Crichton a few months back, and ever since, I've been addicted to his books. I just can't seem to wean myself off of them. Too bad he's dead. That means that eventually, I'm going to run out of Crichton books to read.

Apparently, as you can tell, my favorite author is Michael Crichton, but nevertheless, I'm a fan of many authors, such as Clive Cussler, Douglas Preston, David Gibbons, Lincoln Child, Stephen King, Dan Brown. There's plenty more that I'm a fan of, but I just can't remember their names at the moment.

I'm picky when it comes to choosing a favorite book. I love Stephen King's Dark Tower series (Wizard and Glass, Song of Susannah, and The Dark Tower being my favorite three from that series.) I'm also quite fond of every Michael Crichton book that I've read so far (A Case of Need, Sphere, Timeline, The Andromeda Strain,) as well as all of Clive Cussler's books that I've read (Raise the Titanic, Atlantis Found, Valhalla Rising, Trojan Odyssey, The Chase.) I was also very fond of The Ice Limit by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Of course, I can't forget one of the greatest stories ever written, some, considering it to be the first novel; The Odyssey. I'm not a fan of the pansy poem version, but the novelization from 1934 is really good. And I can't forget the epic Civil War classic by Michael Shaara, The Killer Angels, probably the best novelization of any major historical battle that will ever be written. The book is so good that it makes you feel like you were actually at Gettysburg in the summer of 1863.
    Last edited by Clint; 02-04-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Now that is in my jurisdiction, I'm closing this. There's already threads for this.

Edit: Since I received a complaint, I'm opening this back up since it "sparks activity" in this forum.
    ...Even though there are threads that cover this already. *sigh*
    Last edited by Victoria; 02-04-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yay thanks Mistress Shena lol

Here is an update to my previous post I am now including Lian Hearn as one of my fav authors i am currently reading Tales of the Otori and it is about a boy who is torn between The loyalty of his dead adopted father and his last wishes to avenge his death and bring peace to the land, the blood of the Tribe that runs though his veins they are a secret race of assassins and spies that have magical powers that he inherits through his real father who want him dead and will stop at nothing to have him dead and his mothers teachings of the Hidden a clan who believe everyone is equal and worship the sacred god but being set in a spin off of ancient japan where not every one is treated as equal.

Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

It's the Jecht Shot, Babey! Favourite Author, Favourite Books LaCkyy's Avatar
    My Favourite Author is J.K Rowling, so obviously my favourite book's are the Harry Potter books!

I own every single Harry Potter book released, and have a few signed
    Favourite FF Characters - Tidus, Wakka, Red.
    Favourite FF Game : FFX

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!
    Tidus 'Captain of the Besaid Aurochs'!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

XboxLive: Tidus Spira - Add me if you want

Tidus - "Don't break any bones, old man!"

rockerchick1232
    My favorite author has to be Jane Austin, her book, Pride and Prejudice, amazed me.

Blog Entries
    Mind saying why, rockerchick? We prefer fully thought out statements. ^_^
    Just thought I'd let you know. Think of it as a little pre-warning.

persona user Favourite Author, Favourite Books foster kid's Avatar
    favorite books the chronicles of narnia and its aurther is my fav.

The fighting rages on and on, to challange me you must be strong

Proud Member of METAL MILITA....join me and we will rule the world....or at least tff

Is is possible for me to forgive Favourite Author, Favourite Books soramaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i do not care what you people say about this but my favorite author is Stephenie Meyer, i am currently reading the Twilight series, i finished Twilight, trying to get New Moon, have Eclipse, and also trying to get Breaking Dawn, i'm all about the vampires and romance/action/adventure, all that sort of stuff, and plus how many guys have you ever catch reading the Twilight series, honestly

Blog Entries
    I am not tying to be a pain in bum but please try and give some body into to the posts maybe talk about the book or the author etc and no spam, the thread was already closed once not from spam though, so i don't want it to be closed again thank you for your co-operation.

cheers MC Tschumy

Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Warrior Ninja Favourite Author, Favourite Books Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    I'm a bookworm too!! I'm currently re-reading one of my favourite books "The Looking Glass Wars" by Frank Beddor...It's kind of like Alice in wonderland with a bit of a twist to it, it's seriously a good read.
    By the way, I read Science-Fiction/Fantasy novels...I love any book that contains magic or something mystical about it, talking animals Ex: NARNIA!!! <----Very first Science-Fiction novel series that I read. C.S Lewis I am so grateful that you wrote that...=]
    My Favourite author(s) are: C.S Lewis (Started my whole craze for books), Cinda Chima, Garth Nix and J.K Rowling...Those guys are the best!!
    My Favourite books are: The Chronicals of Narnia, The Warrior, Wizard and Dragon Heir ( Like how it contained so much magic in it made it feel so special =3) The Keys To The Kingdom Series and of course Harry Potter... 0=3

Mmmm lemme see now...

Favourite Authors: Charles Dickens, Michael Crichton, Dean Koontz, and Stephen King.

Favourite Books:

The Taking - Dean Koontz. I remember this was the first of his books I read. It got me hooked... The style of writing is excellent and what I like to call morish! This was a book about an alien invasion (I know it doesn't sound intelligent...) but it was so gripping. It starts off with some suspicious rain.. but the plot just develops so rapidly and you'll actually find yourself holding your breath in anticipation. I love it!

Jurassic Park - Michael Crichton. After watching the movies I felt compelled to read the book that started it all. At least I think the book came first xD Haha. A heart pounding thriller with excellent descriptions. I don't need to go into the plot... we all know what it's about ^~.

Airframe - Michael Crichton. This is the current book I'm reading and sadly I'm almost done with it. A story revolving around a flight that goes wrong while in air, while a team is racing to find the answer. An addictive read with so much terminology inside it.

A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens. I stumbled across this in school. A classic... Dickens is a true master of words.... This story had such meaning and had me in tears x3.

Misery - Stephen King. I preferred the novel to the movie. I'm a fan of many of King's books. Sometimes a good horror is just what one needs. This book had so many disturbing points in it.. a fan gone mad... it had the potential to be good AND it lived up to it. At least for me it did.
    Last edited by Kilala; 05-10-2009 at 04:24 AM.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Blog Entries
    Right now I'm reading Thunderer by Felix Gilman. I haven't decided what to make of it yet, though. It's weird.

Favorite author...that's tough. There are many authors whom I like. As of right now however, I can only think of three authors whose books I buy on release in hardcover. I have to like an author a hell of a lot to do that. Steven Erikson, Kristen Britain, and Naomi Novik.

Chez, if you like surrealism you'll probably like Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon. It actually feels like reading a Hayao Miyazaki movie. IMO, anyways. It's a fantasy with a very eastern flavor.

Robin Hobb does have very good books but I find I can only read one of them every year or so. (Says the Malazan fan lol.) They're just so damned depressing all the time. The Farseer trilogy, anyways. I'm about to start the Tawny Man trilogy as soon as I finish Thunderer and possibly Elantris.

Oh, I thought of another author I really like: Scott Lynch. Still waiting for Republic of Thieves to be released. Excellent books but not for everyone; the wonky chronology can really screw with you if you've never read anything in that style before. The reward is well worth it, though.

This thread reminds me of how much reading I haven't been doing, and now I feel guilty. I've probably already blown my goal of reading 100 books this year, but it's not too late to try for 50. Anyone with me?

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Govinda
    Hmm hmm. This isn't easy. So I'll name a book, and then its author. Wait, no, that won't work. A bunch of books and their author. We'll do this elimination style.

Where to start? Ah. Douglas Coupland. Does modernity get any better than this guy? Most notable for: Girlfriend in A Coma; All Families Are Psychotic; Generation X.

He's just so good. He can take a realistic tale, make it fantastic, and have it say so much about the world; and all the while, the characters speak to you. Girlfriend in A Coma is him dabbling with the fantastic, but the way he does it is so beautiful, and speaks volumes. Throughout his characters stay real. None of them really grow into the situation except the one who slept through it all. The book is a wake-up call. The song is cool too. All Families Are Psychotic is Coupland taking a repeated theme of his (family) and performing magic with it. You can't help but smile with every twist and turn. The thing about this one is that it remains wholly grounded in reality, but is still absurd; but never so absurd as to be beyond belief. Generation X is a giant metaphor lived out through the lives of several loveable symbols, and it really opened my head up when I first read it. Love it.

Hmm. Lydia Millet, for: Oh Pure and Radiant Heart; How The Dead Dream.

Oh Pure And Radiant Heart blows my head off every single time I read it. It just has so much to say about so many things, and it's so subtle; the way relationships are played out like dried fried eggs on a dirty plate, how history is three deranged and lost scientists, how resolution is a sky full of rare cranes. I love her writing style too. Coupland writes like he's talking to you, and is one of the few authors out there who can really make that work - he doesn't sound like he's writing, he sounds like he's telling a story. Millet meantwhile appears to know that she could never pull that off, and so she tells us the story in her own, utterly beautiful, voice. It's a little quirky and jumpy at times, but her appreciation for a beautiful phrase amazes me, and I love her work for it.

Charles Bukowski. For: Pulp; Factotum; Women.

Normally, I hate poetry. When it's Bukowski, I love it. However, the above mentioned titles are novels. As a man, Bukowski was a miser, an alcoholic, an abuser, a womaniser - I do not, unlike others I know, glorify that shit. I understand that sitting in a room with him probably wouldn't really have been an experience.

The thing about him is the glimmer. Through his booze and drugs, there appears in his work (which is pretty much entirely autobiographical, apart from Pulp, which has space aliens) an occaisional paragraph which really grabs you. Be it a scene where he's sitting in his shitty downtown room, next to the L-train, watching the dead faces go by and wondering about life, or a day in his postman life where he realises that for every crap person there is a crap job, there's a definite something there. I've often thought that were he sober, he'd be Vonnegut 2; but the fact of the matter is that he was an alcoholic and a streetcrawler. Horrible as it sounds, I'm glad he was, because it gave the world the novels he wrote. I get the feeling that he wouldn't begrudge that either.

Oh yeah - I'm in love with Fyodor Dostoevsky. Like actually. Crime and Punishment; The Brothers Karamazov.

I don't get why people don't like his books. Each one is home to collections of the most ****ed-up characters you will ever meet. I'm serious. Not one person in any of his books that I've read hasn't been flawed to death in the best way ever. I mean, take the basic plot of Crime and Punishment. People think it's boring because a student kills an old lady and then has The Biggest Guilt Trip of All Time. However, what they don't seem to notice is the surrounding DRAMA. I mean, Raskolnikov gettin' it on with impoverished prostitute while he dad screws around town? His sister and mum coming to make sure he's not completely unhinged (which he actually is but it's not like they notice) and succeeding merely in getting it on with Raskolnikov's best pal and worrying lots and eating lots of soup and chasing their mental family for money because they came to the city to help Raskolnikov in possession of nothing and so...get it? Soap operas owe SO MUCH to this guy.

Also, I like him because he succeeded in conning the entire literary establishment. Sure, he writes about lofty topics, God, morality, guilt, the future of humanity - but nobody's about to deny that there's a lot of rambling around in between. This is because my darling Fyodor was paid by the page; admist Pushkin worship he sent the literati off to scour these pages, essentially filled with what Dostoevsky last saw while drunk on the streets of St. Petersburg, for weighty metaphors and meanings. There aren't any. There's just insanity. And I love it.

Let's see. Margaret Atwood. Christ, where to begin. She seems to just get prizes for waking up these days. However, they're not without reason - The Handmaid's Tale; The Blind Assassin; Oryx and Crake.

Atwood is...well, untouchable. I hate her poetry, but her prose never fails to get me. I'm desperate to re-read Oryx and Crake, but I felt compelled to send it to a friend in America and haven't seen it since. I can still remember my favourite passages by heart. The Blind Assassin is a book that operates on so many levels - the story is relatively quiet, but there is so much going on. Atwood doesn't waste a scene, a sentence, a word; she's an artist like that. And, well, The Handmaid's Tale...what can I say? I first read this years ago, before its recent popularity. I haggled with my English teacher in the Academy to let me write about it; I was amazed that she'd never even heard of it.

Atwood captures what I love most; she takes the fantastic and places it squarely within the realm of reality. Her conceptions of the future are meaningful, beautiful, and always done with her own signature style. She and Coupland are proof that Canada can be absolved its myriad crimes against music through its massive contributions to literature.

Speaking of insanity placed within reality as a metaphor - ladies and gentlemen, Haruki Murakami. Oh yes. Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World; Norwegian Wood.

You know who I hate? I hate people who think that Norwegian Wood is Murakami's best book. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's superb - it just has such competition.

Murakami is a strange one. Every book of his that I've read is a heady mix of the utterly mundane, the utterly insane, and the relentlessly curious. All of this spattered with bizarre references to Western media. His style is very individual; I love what he writes because he never gets bogged down by trying to write. He's a little like Coupland in that respect - he doesn't **** you around, he just tells you the story. Another thing I like about him is his willingness to approach a single issue and write a book about it - he doesn't tend to be expansive. Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World could be about a million different things, but in the end there's only really one theme, and it is choice, something apparent in other Murakami works.

He is one of my favourites, but I do have a love-hate relationship with his work. I can and do love the stories and their messages to death - and yet, they piss me off. I've never quite been sure why. The things that piss me off most in books are meandering and meaninglessness, but he doesn't suffer from either of those. Perhaps with more reading I'll be able to pin it down.

There are lots more. But I've already spewed enough shit for now

Shake it like a polaroid picture Favourite Author, Favourite Books RagnaToad's Avatar
    One of the best books I've ever read is 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro. Explaining what the book is like is going to be really hard, but stick with me.

The story takes place in ór an alternative world ór the future, though it's NOT sci-fi at all, but definitely in England. We see the story through the eyes of a female protagonist in an "I"-narrative. The first few chapters skip some years between them, as they're purpose is mostly illustrative. The protagonist grows up at this seemingly idyllic boarding school, where they actually live. Throughout the first chapters you come to realise through some hints and small things that the life they lead has a catch to it and what the meaning of them being "donors" is.

After a while it becomes clear that they are kind of "clones" (or something of the sort, it's never explained explicitely) of people who live out there in the real world, and that they are being educated and stimulated in different areas like art etc. for the purpose of donating an organ to their "original" in case it would be necessary. So the idyllic atmosphere is only there because the narrator believes the reader to already knów about those somewhat macabre donor-situations.

The great thing about the book is that the narrator doesn't explain exactly how it all works. She merely tells a story. The contrast between the idyllic atmosphere and the "mysterious" undertone is really intriguing.

It's really not sci-fi at all. Think of it likes this: A kid would not understand what it is all about, at least not everything. He would just think it was a story about a weird girl growing up at a weird boarding school and experiencing some weird stuff when not in school anymore, with lots of (yup) weird terms not explained. Plus the 2nd half of the story is filled with erotic elements.

Must-read if you're over 15 years old or so!

peace out, Rags
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 06-06-2009 at 05:50 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

killerbee
    My favorite author has got to be J.K Rowling. The Harry Potter series is the best.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians is a pretty good series too.

killerbee
    I like J.K Rowling. The Harry Potter series rocks

Freezing Ring! Favourite Author, Favourite Books Darkdragoon's Avatar
    My favorite author is Eirn hunter

And my fav. book is...

Midnight, by Erin hunter. Cat's go on a journey to save the forest.

Dont have anymore lol...

Well i do love the harry potter book's so...

JillXWesker & MeruXDart FTW!

Though I may be damned... Favourite Author, Favourite Books LokentheWolf's Avatar
    Lets see Favorite Authors, Stephanie and Steve Perry, Particuarlly the Resident Evil series from Stephanie, and the run of Aliens books that Steve did. Terry Goodkind for The sword of Truth series. Dan Abnet, for Gaunt's Ghosts, and other Various Warhammer 40k books he's done.

Currently Reading: True Colors by Karen Travis.
    And in other news, Today is Nintendog adoption day. Remeber that all remaining puppies will be euthanized at the end of the day so to make your selections before 7:30.

ang3lmak3r
    Stephen Kings The dark tower series. The mans a genious wen it comes to story telling, and in my opinion the story is a masterpiece. with the first novel in the series being the best...

Although it might sound strange, my favorite book of all times (for a year now) is "All Quiet on the Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque. I know it sounds strange. ^^"
    But I'll briefly explain why I chose it to be my favorite: There is no book that satisfies me. There is no perfect book, no perfect author. It's just not possible that one book is so great that it fascinates me longer than a few months.
    Of course "All Quiet on the Western Front" is no exception of this "law". But it is different though.
    Perhaps the first thing I should mention is that I read it when I was in hospital. I had to stay there for a few days so it was the best time to have a good read. And I read the whole book in those few days. When I went to bed one day I even dreamt about bombs and the war. I was really shocked when I woke up. XD" That was the first book that I dreamt of. The very first.
    When I try to remember what I felt... I feel pain. The story of the book was awful. I don't like wars, I'm really a type of person who hates wars, arguments and everything bad in this world. So it wasn't the kind of book you think I'd like. But all this pain, all this chaos, all the frustration made it that wonderful. Especially the fact that it's not another book about WWII made it good. I... don't like this "hype". Sometimes I even think the world's forgotten about WWI ^^""
    Anyways, what really made it painful for me was the ending.
    Spoiler:
    I'd never have thought that the protagonist would die. Never! And I was about to cry when he did. I mean, he lost all his hope, all his friends, he didn't even have enough time to be a juvenile. He was thrown into this awful world and had no chance to escape his destiny. He was a poor boy... I mean... you know... argh, I can't describe how I'm feeling. It's so painful to read, although I know that this person was made up by the author. All the people were suffering at those times was just too much for me.

It's not a really good reason for me to name it in this thread, but there'll be no book that will change my way of thinking as much as that one did. .,."

As for favorite author... I really don't have any. I have some problems with every author. ^^" As I said, there is no perfect book, alas no perfect author. No one who's good enough to be called "favorite author". .,.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

A Plain Old Derp Favourite Author, Favourite Books Padraic's Avatar
    Lets see...I like a lot of books
    The Demonata series + Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan
    Warriors Series by Erin Hunter
    Silverwing Series by... that guy... forgot his name
    Pit Dragon Trilogy... forgot...
    And Raven Quest... forgot...

Protecter of the Crystals Favourite Author, Favourite Books rydia123's Avatar
    I have to say to 2 books for this

They are
    Crank and Glass
    Both by Ellen Hopkins.

They go togetherr
    Crank is the first book
    And Glass is the secound.

The story is about a girl who trys and get addict to a drug called meth

Bite by the monster.
    Can't let loss.

Read them.
    There in poem form so its farely rreally easy to read.
    But there pretty long books.

I recomand them both highly.
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

All is One.One is All. Favourite Author, Favourite Books Firefly's Avatar
    I don't read much anymore but I recommend 4 books:
    1.Twilight
    By Stephanie Meyer
    2.New Moon
    By:Stephanie Meyer
    3.Eclipse
    4.Breaking Dawn

Preety much what they are about is a girl falling inlove with a vampire
    Spoiler:
    and werewolf.Trying to survive from vampires and clans.And maybe becoming a mother.

---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

SOLDIER 3rd Class Favourite Author, Favourite Books Copperfire's Avatar

Re: Favourite Author, Favourite Books

I was wondering if I'd have to make a new thread for this. Good thing I did a search.

My favourite authors include R.A. Salvatore, Terry Pratchett, Kenneth Oppel, J. K. Rowling, Christopher Paolini, and Lemony Snicket ( I feel silly just mentioning that last one's name).