Thread: Should There Be A Re-Make?

Pig Spot ... Shut Up ... Wait ... Should There Be A Re-Make? tre skills's Avatar

Question Should There Be A Re-Make?

I Just loved this game, I couldn't get enough out of it, i just had to beat it 2 times and almost a 3rd time but it didnt happen..

anyways i was wondering should there be a remake if so why not, it has a great story line unique characters and the awesome mini-game with the chocobo was fun play

so should there be re-make as an exclusive to the Ps3?
    Last edited by tre skills; 07-01-2009 at 10:30 PM.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Should There Be A Re-Make? Xanatos's Avatar
    Of course there should be a remake. FF IX is a excellent game and I love to see a remake. As much as I want remake right now I think that it would be to soon for it. Sure there will be remake one day but we will probably wait for it about 5-10 years same with the older FF games.

Tsuna Feesh Should There Be A Re-Make? Fate's Avatar
    Of course there should be a remake, but whether or not it'll be anytime soon, I have little belief. Wouldn't they need to remake the others before it first, though? But when it does come out (most likely for the PSP), of course I'll instantly buy it!

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Heh, another one of these type threads. I could of swore there was one of these just started a few months back. But I will throw in my two cents anyways.

I do beleive this game is remake worthy. It would be nice to see it but I would say it will be a long ways off seeing there are plenty of older titles that deserve the total overhaul and reworks.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Pig Spot ... Shut Up ... Wait ... Should There Be A Re-Make? tre skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    Of course there should be a remake, but whether or not it'll be anytime soon, I have little belief. Wouldn't they need to remake the others before it first, though? But when it does come out (most likely for the PSP), of course I'll instantly buy it!
    hah i would INSTANLY INSTANLY buy if if it was on the ps3
    [Fav FF: IX & X ]

[Currently Playing: FF X-2]

[Final Fantasy's Beaten: FF VI (snes) - FF IX - FF X]

come and get some Should There Be A Re-Make? Darkwave's Avatar
    I think that there should be a remake and the graphics are going to be awesome if they do.

At the end of the day, it comes down to one hero to save us all.

The Original Moogle Knight Should There Be A Re-Make? coombsy1989's Avatar
    They simply will not remake VIII or IX until they've done VII. They're unlikely to do VII until they've done V and VI. So you'll be waiting about 6 years at the least. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we didn't see a remake of IX until they do a 20th anniversary edition of VII. So yeah, aside from the inevitable PSN release you're not going to see a remake of IX for a very very long time.

Freezing Ring! Should There Be A Re-Make? Darkdragoon's Avatar

Yes

Yes this game would make a fine remake ^^ I think it's my favorite. I love the ending ^^
    But maybe they can make it for XBOX 360, Ps3, Wii maybe...

But the wii would by hard to make well i think.
    But yes i hope they make remake

And i like better than the one's with futureistic airship's, pistol's and crap. I love 12 tho cuz you can make everyone use almost anything ^^
    Last edited by Darkdragoon; 07-04-2009 at 06:06 AM.

JillXWesker & MeruXDart FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by coombsy1989 View Post
    They simply will not remake VIII or IX until they've done VII. They're unlikely to do VII until they've done V and VI. So you'll be waiting about 6 years at the least. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we didn't see a remake of IX until they do a 20th anniversary edition of VII. So yeah, aside from the inevitable PSN release you're not going to see a remake of IX for a very very long time.
    ummm didnt they already remake VII for the ps2

Praetor of New Yevon Should There Be A Re-Make? Icemaush's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tre skills View Post
    ummm didnt they already remake VII for the ps2
    Nope, they brought out Dirge of Cerberus on PS2 but that was a third-person shooter and was set three years after the events in FFVII. So no remake yet. That PS3 tech demo was such a tease though... Could lead to something, who knows?

oh okay
    but do you think FFIX should be on the Ps3 instead of the PsP?

FantasyFetish
    No it should be on the PSP and PS3.

Also they should make there own emulator with no glitches so that you can play them on the PC. They should sell it in the Playstation Network store through playstation (I think playstation should actually make it but only make it capable of running PSone and possible PS2 games) Then they could sell downloadable glitch free versions through playstation network that could be played on that playstation made emulator,PSP os PS3 as well and there would be a lot less piracy on these games.

I know when I try to play FFVII through my emulator(no piracy I own it) it runs terribly and no matter what I do it wont run perfect. FFIX has smaller glitches as well but overall runs much better.

I think it is much more convenient to be able to play them on the PC, and I think it is something they should definitely look into.

Honestly, I agree that every FF before the PS2 era should have a remake. An FFIX remake would be awesome. It was my first FF that I beat and it is my favorite. A remake would make my day. Any FF should have a remake, just for the hell of it. I mean it's just a remake, improved graphics is all it would need, no voice overs (which would be, alright I guess). Just a touch up would be nice.

There's not going to be a Final Fantasy remake, let alone a Final Fantasy IX remake. I personally don't want a remake of any Final Fantasy game, I fear Square will somehow ruin it, or make it really good, and everyone will forget about the classics. I mean, none of my friends have ever played the original NES/SNES Final Fantasy games, and when I tell them to, they complain that the graphics are bad (especially I and II), and they'd much rather play the PSP remakes. It's very irritating that they won't even give the originals a chance...

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Well my father has played all the FF's on the nintedo and all the oldy's. But It dosent mean they can't make a remake of this game, but with better graphic's. Like on the PS2. or Even the wii would be very, very nice ^.^. Or the Xbox360! It has the same damn graphic's as the PS3, and Xbox360 cost's less.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor2497 View Post
    Well my father has played all the FF's on the nintedo and all the oldy's. But It dosent mean they can't make a remake of this game, but with better graphic's. Like on the PS2. or Even the wii would be very, very nice ^.^. Or the Xbox360! It has the same damn graphic's as the PS3, and Xbox360 cost's less.
    x-box 360 sucks

Erm, Outdoor, you know... your post can be seen as spam, too. So there is no point in pointing your finger at other people.

@Topic:
    No - no - no!
    FFIX has a wonderful design, graphics are perfect, video sequences are well made. Why a re-make? What could you possibly do better in this game? Oo
    Okay, perhaps they could get rid of the chibi design, but after you've grown used to it, it doesn't really matter.
    I'd be too afraid that they'd ruin the whole game and the atmosphere around it if they made a re-make. I really like this game - the way it is. It's perfect the way it is. .,.

I would be for it as long as they remake VII and VIII first. The characters would look much different in new-gen graphics, which would be pretty awesome.

-_- Well sorry you see my post as spam. Maybe i think your's is to ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    !
    FFIX has a wonderful design, graphics are perfect, video sequences are well made. Why a re-make? What could you possibly do better in this game? Oo
    Okay, perhaps they could get rid of the chibi design, but after you've grown used to it, it doesn't really matter.
    I'd be too afraid that they'd ruin the whole game and the atmosphere around it if they made a re-make. I really like this game - the way it is. It's perfect the way it is. .,.
    Well, games as old as it is, are hard to find now-a-days. The ones that are out there, that actually work, i'm sure are very expensive and hard to obtain. For younger kids or people that want to play it again but don't have a working copy, a remake would be very convenient.

TycuroRaidyn
    A remake for the PS3 won't make it mnuch better, the graphics were already optimal as they were, and gameplay will probably be the same due to the blandness of simply being a PS3.
    If they make it for a DS they could probably use the touch screen in some way for gameplay and the graphics on the DS are better than a playstation anyway, so it would probably be better suited for the DS.

If it comes out for either, theres should be a internet multiplay with something, even just mini-games.

The one thing I find that these older games are lacking are voices. I think that's one thing that made Final Fantasy X very special. There's so many inspirational quotes in a lot of these earlier games, and so many inspirational characters, that it would just be great to hear them say them, or how they say it. That's what they are, to me anyway, lacking, and what I would love to see added if there were ever a remake. FF9 especially!

O Rly? Should There Be A Re-Make? Arch's Avatar
    Like everyone else...

OFCOURSE THERE SHOULD BE A RE MAKE
    its an awesome game but mostlikely we will have to wait atleast 5 years or more

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

god i hate hate the FF's with voice's... I think's it's just annoying!!!
    Id rather read... But the old one's are better than the new one's because... The new one's just go WAY to far like spaceship's, pistol's, machine gun's Etc.etc.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Should There Be A Re-Make? Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TycuroRaidyn View Post
    If they make it for a DS they could probably use the touch screen in some way for gameplay and the graphics on the DS are better than a playstation anyway, so it would probably be better suited for the DS.
    Oh my God, graphics on DS is better than on playstation. You fricking blind or something? And my optician said that I need glasses. If they would make a remake of FF IX than it will be done for a better console than PS1 and trust me DS is not the one. How could they remake FF IX a game size over 2GB for that small size DS cartridge? Well they could but that would be the dumbest remake in the history of games.
    DS is great for old FF games but I don't see how would DS be suitable console for FF IX. And trust me they couldn't add any new thing just the opposite they would need to extract many old extras, well when I think about it it's practically impossible so think a little bit next time before you say anything like this.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 07-30-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Should There Be A Re-Make?
    I wouldn't mind a remake, but I really like how the PSX version looks. I think everyone wants a remake of thier favorite final fantasy. Heck, I'm still waiting on the FFVII remake. Doubt it will happen, though. Just teasers here and there.

Who knows though, right? If Square-Enix decides to do so, then they're going to do so.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.