Thread: Seven Endings?

Registered User Seven Endings? melibita's Avatar

Seven Endings?

I was looking at the Wikipedia page on FFIX and it mentioned that the ending was changed seven times. I was wondering if anyone here knows more about the various endings/differences. I couldn't find any specific info myself.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Seven Endings? The Dark Crystal's Avatar
    I saw the same thing on the Internet or youtube but i was confused because i only ever watched one ending and i played through it twice when i was younger and i saw the same ending both times. So i don't think there is 7 endings.

Lol at the guy above me. I've looked into finding any information about what the other endings would have involved but nothing came up.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Seven Endings? The Dark Crystal's Avatar
    Yea i looked on youtube again and i saw nothing but diffrent parts of the one ending but i know i saw someting about 7 endings, like she did. as i said though i believe their is just one ending.

One ending, they had 7 ending total, but they finally were like. Out of all these endings....we are using THIS ONE.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

The Quiet One Seven Endings? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I believe that there are like two technical endings, but it is just a technicality. I think depending on if you have Save the Queen or something you'll get some different lines of dialogue, but out come it all still the same. So it is the same, but slightly different.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Hammer or Save the Queen just adds into the ending. They could have had 2 endings made for the game. I do highly doubt that though, would be such a waste of money to make more then 1 ending then just not use them. They could have just had it all down on screenplay, and chose which one.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Registered User Seven Endings? melibita's Avatar
    What I read said that they had seven different endings before they picked the one they finally used. What I was curious about was how the other endings were different and how they affected the story.

I have both the Hammer and Save The Queen in my inventory and all you get is a little extra dialogue in the ending "I want to be your canary" Play.

I'm sure there was multiple endings thought of for lots other games as well, IX's "seven endings" probably had more to do with all of the different outcomes for each individual character they came up with before they got what it is now.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by melibita View Post
    What I read said that they had seven different endings before they picked the one they finally used. What I was curious about was how the other endings were different and how they affected the story.
    You aren't reading my posts. My guess is they didn't make them into FMV, and probably didn't release them.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Do the elements trust you? Seven Endings? bahamuts heir's Avatar
    its probably just the seven scenes of dialogue for the different characters other than that my only idea is that they might of taken out the part where you think zidane and kuja is going to die and how they survive
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature