Thread: Final Fantasy IX Logo

Registered User Final Fantasy IX Logo

Final Fantasy IX Logo

So basically the design in the logo for Final Fantasy IX is that of a crystal. Yes. We all know that Final Fantasy IX was supposed to return to the roots of the original games, and one way was to incorporate the crystals that were a big part of earlier titles. I just want to know if you think that using a Crystal in the logo was the right choice or do you think that something else could have been used?

What say all of you?

I just want to add that I didn't think of this topic on my own. I stumbled across a discussion like this when I was perusing for some FFIX images, and I thought it would be interesting to hear the opinions of those here at TFF. If I could find the original discussion, I would give credit where it is due, but I didn't bookmark it. My apologies for that.

From what I remember reading, a lot of other people thought that the Iifa Tree would have been a better design to use. It was a bigger part of the story, and I agree with that.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

.............. Final Fantasy IX Logo smurphy's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy IX Logo

I didnt really see the revelance of the crystal to the game in comparison to the other logos in the series. Im actually struggling to think at all of when it was relevant( Alexandria, I think, but feel free to correct me).

I also think the logos design was quite uninspired and bland. For me, if anything, the logo should have been an airship or of a blackmages steepled hat( or the type Vivi wears).

Rune Knight Final Fantasy IX Logo Trodorne's Avatar

I have to agree there was no real relivance for the crystals they made a brief appearance for one part and we barely saw them. yeah there should have been a steeple hat and maybe a monkey tail peeking out from under it.

I'm DYING to see you! Final Fantasy IX Logo ViviMasterMage's Avatar

I think it could of been many different things:

1. Garnet cutting her hair off; as this is a big turning point in the story and she's ready to move on with the rest of the party.

2. An Airship; this is just relevant to the major use of Airships in this game, maybe the Oblivion should be used, as that is another major part of the story. (The eye.)

3. Two Worlds; symbolising the link between Terra and Gaia and is once again a big part in the story.

But to be honest, I think that the Crystal is fine; it's not exactly a major part of the story, until the end that is. But the Crystal was a good choice.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Final Fantasy IX Logo The Dark Crystal's Avatar

didnt really see the revelance of the crystal to the game in comparison to the other logos in the series. Im actually struggling to think at all of when it was relevant( Alexandria, I think, but feel free to correct me).

Yea that was the only time i ever saw anything that referred to a crystal in FF9 .

As for the logo i really liked the idea that ViviMasterMage came up with
    3. Two Worlds; symbolising the link between Terra and Gaia and is once again a big part in the story.
    That would have been a very good, and symbolic logo for the game, but whats done is done and it is still a great game.
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 02-01-2010 at 04:15 PM.

All is One.One is All. Final Fantasy IX Logo Firefly's Avatar

I absolutely agree with ViviMasterMage on the idea of Two Worlds.Or they could've put Zidane and Garnet on there like they did with FF8's logo.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy IX Logo Xanatos's Avatar

Actually, I like the Final Fantasy IX logo, sure, the crystal barely made an appearance but it's importance is what really maters, after all the crystal is source of all life on both Gaia and Terra.

Quote Originally Posted by ViviMasterMage View Post
    This would be also a nice logo.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I want to play a game. Final Fantasy IX Logo Zargabaath's Avatar

I have the same stance as Xanatos. The crystal chosen as the logo is the crystal that resides in Memoria - the crystal that has all the memories of every life originating from it. Though the other suggestions are not bad at all.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I liked the logo, but I agree, they could have chosen a more relevant logo. I initially thought of the two worlds (Terra and Giaia) and I saw that ViviMasterMage got there before me.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Final Fantasy IX Logo ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I really like the logo, even though the crystal only really had relevence towards the end of the game. In terms of relevence, I would have said maybe Terra & Gaia as the logo, because I think it is possibly the most relevent to the game. However, the logo they stuck with is more than fine by me.

I always thought the crystal on the logo was actually the jewel of Madain Sari - the four pieces that are the Alexandria pendant, Falcon claw, Eiko's jewel, etc. joined together that summon Alexander. But I think the Crystal was a great logo as it represents the 'roots' of the series which is the theme of the game.
    "Time...it will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on,
    It escapes you..."