Thread: ff9 psn???

Registered User ff9 psn??? vicks and wedge's Avatar

ff9 psn???

Simple Question

Anyone got any news about 9 being released on playstation network? I have been poking on the net and havent seen anything. It would almost seem inevitable given 7 and 8 's success. I only play hand helds anymore. Alredy re-played 7 about to start 8 on psp. I only played 9 once through and honestly liked it the best, although my recent play through of 7 reminded me of its greatness! If someone knows please let us all know!

Registered User ff9 psn???

Re: ff9 psn???

The only thing that I found was a statement from one of the game producers at Square-Enix saying that they're looking into releasing it. Not much else is said about it, but I'm pretty sure that it will be released on the PSN, though I suppose the real question would be "when?"

Source: Yusuke Naora on Final Fantasy Agito XIII (andriasang.com blog, 03.20.2010)

Member Flickereigeist asked if Final Fantasy IX would make it out onto the PlayStation Network Game Archives service. "We're looking into it," responded Hashimoto.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

I know nothing about how PSN works, or where I can get an Ethernet cable. I do have a PS3, so if I ever figure it out, I'm definitely getting this game. I've only seen a YouTube walkthrough of it once, but I wanna play for myself.

C'mon Squeenix, hurry it up!

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

I want to play a game. ff9 psn??? Zargabaath's Avatar

Here is the most updated news about Final Fantasy IX possibly being sent to the PSN:

You want it? You got it. Well, almost.

Final Fantasy IX holds one of the top spots among requests for what game should hit PSN next - and seeing that its predecessors have had wild success on the platform already, completing this PS1 trio with this game seems like a no-brainer to me, which may just happen according to these latest news from Square Enix.

Over the past few days, Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto has been collecting opinions on Final Fantasy IX via the Square Enix Members Twitter - and unsurprisingly, the response was overwhelmingly positive, with Hashimoto concluding the little action in saying: "Thanks to everyone for your opinions on FF9. Regarding an FF9 download release, everyone is so passionate about it that I'll be proposing it at the next board meeting. Look forward to next week!"

All that is left is to wait for next weeks' decision - and judging by the circumstances, I think that we're in for a positive verdict by the board.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User ff9 psn??? Zidane77's Avatar

It on PSN in Japan, that means it probably comes soon enough for Europe.
    Not that i care though, i have 2 copies :þ

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Confirmed: The Best Final Fantasy Is Coming To The PlayStation Network - Final Fantasy IX - Kotaku

Saw this on my iPhone the other night at work and went from half asleep to HELL ****ING YES! type excitable. Though FFVIII holds the most nostalgia for me out of the PSX games, FFIX did strike me as the best of the three.
    victoria aut mors

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth ff9 psn??? Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Confirmed: The Best Final Fantasy Is Coming To The PlayStation Network - Final Fantasy IX - Kotaku

Saw this on my iPhone the other night at work and went from half asleep to HELL ****ING YES! type excitable. Though FFVIII holds the most nostalgia for me out of the PSX games, FFIX did strike me as the best of the three.
    Well now, this is indeed a great news. Made this already great day even better. I'll be the first one to get it as soon it hits the PSN store, the second game I'll get after Metal Gear Solid, is it too much to hope for some extras, I mean Metal Gear had them.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity