Thread: Confusion about the tail

Postingway Confusion about the tail Maciariello's Avatar

Confusion about the tail

I'm looking for an explanation as to why Zidane has a tail. I've only just begun the game, so if it's explained later then I suppose I'm a bit premature in asking. The only explanation I have for it is the presence of other "demi-humans" located within the world and him being just another one of those demi-humans. In Dissidia, Ultimecia refers to him as "monkey boy" on one occasion, so I suppose he's half human and half monkey?

Anyone care to give me a better explanation? I know FFIX is a throwback to older FF games, but I don't recall any main character having obvious animal appendages before in previous games.

I briefly looked at the three pages of threads to see if there was a post about his tail, but I didn't see any so I apologize if there already is one.

Crash Boom Bang Confusion about the tail Lily's Avatar
    Zidanes heritage IS explained but it's much much later on and tbh, it will ruin the story to tell you. think of all the different races in IX, Zidane and his tail are no different really

Blog Entries
    Yeah, what Lily said. Once you get into the game more, you'll find out about Zidane's past, but it's a pretty important part of the game so it's better to wait until you get to that bridge before you cross it.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Che
    Zidane's tail is a very important part of his body. Not only does it help with balance while Zidane is climbing a tree or through a mountain range it also acts as a weapon. The tail is long and powerful and can knock a potential predator to the ground giving him enough time to escape an attack by running at his full speed of up to 75 miles an hour.

Oh okay. Thank you guys for the info

Registered User Confusion about the tail WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    I tried to play Final Fantasy IX like 3 times but each time i always get bored, was it the same for any of you

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonDean1990 View Post
    I tried to play Final Fantasy IX like 3 times but each time i always get bored, was it the same for any of you
    Nope. I love it.

Bringer Of Light! Confusion about the tail Messiah's Avatar

Well, personally it is one of my favourites. I thought it had an excellent story and the character design were superb!
    I can't see how you would get bored..
    When the world decends into darkness - I'll bring the light!
    Bringer Of Light - Guiding Souls away from Darkness Since 1989!

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers
    Illustrator for a GFX team.

Warrior of Light Confusion about the tail OnionKnight's Avatar
    Nope, although this IS what I did with VIII, when I was much younger. I got to disc 3 then put it off for about 4 years. Recently completed it though (almost twice, after having a smart idea to play it on my ps3. Disc 4...yeah not funny Sony.) think it was the junction system that always bugged the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciariello View Post
    I'm looking for an explanation as to why Zidane has a tail. I've only just begun the game, so if it's explained later then I suppose I'm a bit premature in asking. The only explanation I have for it is the presence of other "demi-humans" located within the world and him being just another one of those demi-humans. In Dissidia, Ultimecia refers to him as "monkey boy" on one occasion, so I suppose he's half human and half monkey?

Anyone care to give me a better explanation? I know FFIX is a throwback to older FF games, but I don't recall any main character having obvious animal appendages before in previous games.

I briefly looked at the three pages of threads to see if there was a post about his tail, but I didn't see any so I apologize if there already is one.
    Yeah, best to wait and see the explanation for it later in the game. There's a whole fragment of the story that goes into detail about it, but it's not until close to the end.

If you're playing, I don't want to spoil it.

Well, I can see if you think the beginning is a little boring at the part where you look for Garnet and assemble the Pluto Nights. Your first mistake is playing it over three times and not getting far enough. If you keep re starting then yeah, the beginning will get boring. It's one of my favorite Final Fantasies so I played it over again many times, and the beginning is a little boring now. I'm not sure how far you've gotten, but get farther in the game and tell me it's still boring.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Easy solution to the beginning boring part: If you know you'll be starting a new file, keep a seperate file saved at the Forest in the beginning. It's far enough to start from, and it's soon enough to still be "in the beginning".

Whenever I replay the whole game through, that is what I do. I simply load the seperate file, and progress from there.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

Warrior of Light Confusion about the tail OnionKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Easy solution to the beginning boring part: If you know you'll be starting a new file, keep a seperate file saved at the Forest in the beginning. It's far enough to start from, and it's soon enough to still be "in the beginning".

Whenever I replay the whole game through, that is what I do. I simply load the seperate file, and progress from there.
    Simple yet effective!

You can't say the game is boring if your just at the start. Try playing further in the game and you'll see why FF9 is loved.

All is One.One is All. Confusion about the tail Firefly's Avatar
    U start to learn about his tail in Early or Middle of Disc 3. And FF9 was one of my faves..just thought u should know...lol
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.