Thread: Abilities question

Postingway Abilities question Maciariello's Avatar

Abilities question

I want to fully understand this ability system and I'm slightly confused. Here's my question/example:

If I go into Zidane's abilities and select "Steal Gil" (meaning, I put the blue icon into the slot), then everytime I fight a battle and gain AP, that ability slowly increases toward a learned ability, right? And once the ability's bar is fully maxed out and learned (it turns red and has the 3 stars underneath it), then I don't have to have that piece of armor or whatever equipped any longer in order to use it, right?

If this is the case, then why is Freya getting put to sleep still if I have "insomniac" fully learned for her? Do I still need to keep the blue icon in the "insomniac" slot in order for it to work? I was under the impression that once and ability is learned, you no longer need to attach the blue icon to the ability in the ability screen.

Also, I equppied Quina with a leather shirt, and when selecting the shirt in the equip option, it says underneath it that it has the support ability "Protect Girls." But when I equip it and go into Quina's abilities, there is no "Protect Girls" in the abilities menu. I can't select it to start learning it because it isn't there.

I feel pretty dumb asking all of this because I know this should be straight forward, but a little clarification would really help me out. I'd appreciate anyone's help on this matter

Che
    You learn the ability, which lets you use it freely without having to have that piece of armor equipped anymore. You can upgrade past that. However, you are still limited by how many crystal slots you have. If you have 18 crystals total, and have equipped abilities up to 16/18, and "Steal Gil" requires 4 crystals, you can't use it. It's a way to balance it so you can't eventually just be using every single ability in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    You learn the ability, which lets you use it freely without having to have that piece of armor equipped anymore. You can upgrade past that. However, you are still limited by how many crystal slots you have. If you have 18 crystals total, and have equipped abilities up to 16/18, and "Steal Gil" requires 4 crystals, you can't use it. It's a way to balance it so you can't eventually just be using every single ability in the game.
    Pretty much, the whole point of mastering an ability is so that you can use it freely whenever you need it, without having the armor, weapon, accessory ect. equiped.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciariello View Post
    If I go into Zidane's abilities and select "Steal Gil" (meaning, I put the blue icon into the slot), then everytime I fight a battle and gain AP, that ability slowly increases toward a learned ability, right? And once the ability's bar is fully maxed out and learned (it turns red and has the 3 stars underneath it), then I don't have to have that piece of armor or whatever equipped any longer in order to use it, right?
    All correct except you don't have to have an ability stone equipped to the skill you're trying to learn, all you need is to just have the weapon or armor with the ability equipped to the character.

If this is the case, then why is Freya getting put to sleep still if I have "insomniac" fully learned for her? Do I still need to keep the blue icon in the "insomniac" slot in order for it to work? I was under the impression that once and ability is learned, you no longer need to attach the blue icon to the ability in the ability screen.
    If that were the case then there would be no purpose in equipping the ability stones at all. The point is to learn the ability so you will always have it if you need it, and to strategize for battle with them.

Also, I equppied Quina with a leather shirt, and when selecting the shirt in the equip option, it says underneath it that it has the support ability "Protect Girls." But when I equip it and go into Quina's abilities, there is no "Protect Girls" in the abilities menu. I can't select it to start learning it because it isn't there.
    That's because "Protect Girls" isn't meant for Quina to learn. Everyone has their own abilities to master.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

All is One.One is All. Abilities question Firefly's Avatar
    Woah,been a long time.Well it's be a would be a waste to go into detail when Che and GyspyElder have all ready summed it up.So listen to them,lol.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.