Thread: Ugh im so sore

Member of The Promised Land psychosyd's Avatar

Ugh im so sore

I just went snowboarding for the first time in my life. My first trip down the hill, half of it was spent trying to figure out how to stand up and not slide down the hill on my backside. After that, the falls slowly evened out and I got some good snow time... Now I just gotta learn how to lean foreward.

But yeah, my arms hurt, my feet hurt, my tailbone hurts, and my legs hurt from it all, it was quite the enjoyable experience. I love having fun and doing "sports" all day and being sore afterwards
    Spoiler:
    Member of SOLDIER

The Old Skool Warrior Ugh im so sore LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You know, I've never been snowboarding, skiing, or anything involving mountains and powdered snow at all. I've always wanted to, but could never afford to do so. What's it like?
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Ryayukou
    James, you're a big baby.

Just kidding.

I've been skiing for 12+ years, and I absolutely love it. But last year, or the year before that, I got on a snowboard for the very first time and I KEPT FALLING DOWN!!!! My knees and butt were so frickin' bruised afterwards.

Anyway, this is my part on skiing: It takes a day or two to get used to, I go through it every year because my body is so out of it. You've got your two legs each on a ski about as tall as you, and you have two long poles. Now, the trick is to "shift" your legs together side-to-side as you glide through snow. You do NOT want to pull them apart a lot, as this will almost certainly lead you to what we skiiers call a "yard sale" where you lose your balance, and your skis and poles fly everywhere. The poles are useful for helping yourself on hills and such, and also balance when you go skiing at 100+ MPH down the hill. Hardest thing about skiing is being so awkward, because you've got two separate skis to control, whereas snowboards keep your legs the same distance. It's annoying trying to get up a hill on a snowboard, oh yes.

Either way, it's totally worth a day of renting, it's a ton of fun.

My friend Sara's coming home soon, so I'm looking forward to skiing with her again.

Viper
    I've never been skiing or snowboarding, either. Always wanted to snowboard. But hey, I did some EXTREME sledding when I was younger.

Member of The Promised Land psychosyd's Avatar
    Well Cesar, the first trip or 2 down (depending on how well you pick it up). It is rather painful. I thought people were joking as to how much you fall when you first start snowboarding, but the feat of standing up while going down the hill is actually VERY hard when you are just starting out. I mean, you try to stand up and you will immediatly lose your balance and fall over again. Of course, you are already on a slant, thats why its hard, cuz you gotta get used to sliding and keeping your balance. Flat ground, no problem, if you can't even stand on a snowboard when your flat, you need to get an instructor. Luckily my sense of balance is pretty good and I learn quickly, so after I spent the hill on my back I started getting the trick to standing up. Then you start sliding down slowly, sort of griding the entire way down. You will lose control here too as you learn your pressures for turning... and you end up in your face... and your legs bending funny ways. You can't fall the natural way since you have a huge board underneith your feet, it makes it trickier... I probably could have broken my legs one more than one occasion. You also have to get used to the idea you MUST lean foreward and not backward. I had a full manual at one time I was leaning so far back, which ended up in a very painfull fall. Good things my legs are limber.

But, once you get the hang of its, Snowboarding is wicked fun, as you start slidin down the hill and get more comfortable with it, its really hard to experience.

Just be prepared for QUITE a drain your first time down, its VERY tiring trying to get up all those times... thats the only part of my body that hurts, my arms and my neck from all the jumping to get back up. Once you can master getting up again, you can learn to snowboard. I actually was getting decent by the end of the day.

Its certainly a new hobby.
    Spoiler:
    Member of SOLDIER

Gingersnap Ugh im so sore OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually just got back from a ski trip. It was wicked awesome. I went once two years ago, so I took a few runs to get back into the a swing of things. It's so much fun. And great exercise. My waist is all... look at me, I'm a waist and you can tell that I'm here. And don't get me started on my butt. And my arms? Oh baby. This will last for all of a week maybe, and then I'll be back to me. But man, it's great to feel in shape for a few days. I wanna go back! It's so fun, and you don't even realize that you're working out. And I like just plopping down at the bottom of a slope and just talking with friends while we decide which one to go on next. I suck and didn't take any pictures, but everyone else did, so I'm demanding double prints. And they're mailing us a group picture, so yay. Great trip. I highly recommend it. I was pretty sore the second day, but after that, it just went away.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Ryayukou
    I went skiing yesterday, it so rocked; there was about a foot of new snow, which added on to the already awesome mountain of snow, oh yes. Although it wasn't so cool having a whole herd of deer run onto a ski run and make the skiiers and boarders have a huge combined yard sale.

I didn't know there was deer still on that mountain...