Thread: Redundant?

Magically Delicous Redundant? Merlin's Avatar

Redundant?

Do you guys have a leader currently? If so, can you define what SOLDIER is today? The reason I am asking is because in the last six months, other than OceanEyes, the only "active" members of this club are members of CPC8. In many ways, CPC8 is the new age version of SOLDIER, so why not join forces and leave SOLDIER to history? You could leave the forum visible with a redirect for all the lurkers to make their way to CPC8. I really don't see any downside for you guys. If anything, it would be a plus. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Redundant?

Well there are still a few of the original SOLDIER members who are inactive for the most part, but are still very much a part of it, and not members of CPC8. I don't really care if they haven't posted in a long time, or pop their heads in occasionally; I'd still prefer SOLDIER to stand for one thing, and CPC8 as another. Ideally, we'll get SOLDIER back to where it used to be, where it's not so much just the "boys club", but rather something for all of the truly standout members.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

I'd say it's up to the older members to decide on that fate. I have no idea whom our leader would be, but out of active people I'd say it's either Pete or Oceaneyes (or Loco if he's still active). Like on one hand, I can see SOLDIER being retired out of respect and stuff, but like Pete said, the CPC8 and SOLDIER are two different things, and as a co-founder of CPC8 I stand by that statement. I don't know if I would be okay with all the CPC8 members in SOLDIER, and vice versa. And if anything, it's just a sign of respect for the older members to keep their group alive and not having a complete turnover with newer people (not saying that that would be a bad thing, but you know what I mean.) roaming the forum. But I wholly support Pete's idea of rebuilding the legacy and I will be ready to do whatever it takes for that to become a reality.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Gingersnap Redundant? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pete and OceanEyes for King and Queen SOLDIER?

lolololol

Yeah, I'm for keeping SOLDIER and trying to get it active again. No offense, dudes, but I don't think I'm CPC8 material.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries

Do you guys have a leader currently? If so, can you define what SOLDIER is today? The reason I am asking is because in the last six months, other than OceanEyes, the only "active" members of this club are members of CPC8. In many ways, CPC8 is the new age version of SOLDIER, so why not join forces and leave SOLDIER to history? You could leave the forum visible with a redirect for all the lurkers to make their way to CPC8. I really don't see any downside for you guys. If anything, it would be a plus. Any thoughts?
    "Yeah, I do have some thoughts. The two groups are completely different. I shouldn't need to explain the difference, do some research if you don't grasp it. I agree with you that in many ways CPC8 is the new age version of SOLDIER, and they have "joined forces" so to speak. CPC8 is about forum etiquette, being an overall good, contributing member, etc. SOLDIER is different in that the members are all older and mature, even "vets". When "vets" come back to TFF, where do they post? Probably in SOLDIER. Nobody new gives a shit about nonactive vets that come back, but the rest of SOLDIER enjoys hearing about them. CPC8 might as a majority, but that's not what that group is about. I feel glad to see old friends, see how they're doing, etc. There is a place for SOLDIER, though. And it's not merging with CPC8."

-from chad, aka Che.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Also there is the fact that some of the CPC8 members are also members of the EBG. Soldier and EBG exploit the diversity of people while CPC8 bridges that diversity and has a more laid back atmosphere.

Also a point to note; Merlin didn't you leave Soldier?
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure he did rescind his membership, but that thread is also mysteriously and completely deleted.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Magically Delicous Redundant? Merlin's Avatar

I'm like a college alumnus. I may not be an "official active member", but I still have an interest in what happens to the group. Besides, the vast majority of the "official members" of this club left TFF years ago and you still let them post, so I don't see a problem with me dropping in and asking a question or making a suggestion once in a blue moon. If there is a problem, feel free and delete the topic and send me PMs instead.

And congrats on reaching 8888 posts Pete. ^_^
    Last edited by Merlin; 12-03-2010 at 04:23 PM.

The Old Skool Warrior Redundant? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have officially reached full-time lurker status. While I can still sit here and view from afar, I am certainly not proactive enough to lead any group of crippled old posters into any sort of revolution or whatever it is we're doing these days.

Also, would I revolt against myself? Probably. It would be HIGHLY entertaining. For about two minutes.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.