Thread: Oh. Well, that explains it...

The Old Skool Warrior Oh.  Well, that explains it... LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh. Well, that explains it...

So my mom tells me this morning that my sister's only been a complete bitch to me for the past two months because she thinks I'm going to die. Sure, your brother's going to die... perfect reason to be a royal ass to him, right?

Eh, she just doesn't handle death well. At all. Any time anyone makes mention of our grandmother, she screams at us to shut the hell up and then she runs off. Of course, then her friend Jimmy got shot in the face, and for whatever reason the family decided to have an OPEN CASKET VIEWING (stupid, if you ask me) and all the little junior high kids got to go see Jimmy with a hole in his head. I'm pretty sure that only made things worse. The fact that my sister had a huge crush on the guy who killed him only complicates things further.

In any case, she's completely convinced that I'm going to die. Isn't that great? This seems to convince me that I'm not dying any time soon, but then again, there's whole team of doctors who still can't figure out why all of my vital organs keep failing on me. *shrug*

After we're done with my kidney, we get to figure out why my liver...

As far as I'm concerned, if I die, so be it. I'm certain it won't be for a long, long time though. I just don't understand why my sister has to be so... well, I can't really find the words, but you know what I'm saying, right?

Honestly, I'm wondering if that's not what's made Alisyn so serious about everything the last three months, too. I'm not trying to start any controversy or anything, but I'm only following a thought process here. It makes sense, actually...
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Ryayukou
    That's a rather unusual way to handle death... but everyone handles it differently, I guess.

And the open-casket funeral? My goodness, where have people's brains gone? And everyone wonders why I'm so damn pessimistic...

Blog Entries
    I think it's a lot harder for me to understand it though, simply because of the way I am. I've been surrounded by death my entire life (talking to dead people does that to a person), so I'm completely unphased by the thought of it. People die. It happens.

Yeah, I know it's sad. It's not fun, that's for sure. People close to me have died, and I've felt nothing though. Then again, it's because I always know beforehand, like with my grandmother. I was sitting alone at home the day she died, and said to myself "Hmm, Grammy's about to die." A couple hours later, she did. No one ever told me she was getting close to dying, and no one ever told me until a day later that she'd passed. I just knew, accepted it, and moved on.

I cried, maybe for ten minutes, weeks before she passed. It's the way I am, I guess. That, and I watch and read a lot of news. It's always about death. They rarely have anything good to report, you know? I'm highly desensitized, so I don't know how to handle people who don't know how to handle death.

Of course... once you've been there yourself, you kinda start caring. I guess being a living corpse does something to a person, heh.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Che
    Whoa, what's exactly going on? Pardon if this is none of my business but I don't have a xanga account (the link wanted me to log in or something). It seems like you should have a one on one talk with your sister about your situation. Tell her how you feel and ask how she feels about it. Death seems to be a pretty hard thing to think about for a lot of people. Some people handle things differently, but I think in your sister's case she just doesn't understand how to react.

My best wishes to your health, I hope your doctors can figure out what's happening to you.

Blog Entries
    Oh, that old thing? Birth defect. My kidneys are trash. Well, one of them, anyway. Ended up with complete reconstruction of the left kidney, and now I can't drink alcohol. Fun.

Surgery was back in July of 2005.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

I was born with one kidney, had tons of birth defects, I'm quite literally the textbook Miracle child. Feeling fine at 6'5" (which is stunningly tall for someone with Kidney problems). Still got that small fine motor skill problem, that's about it.

Che
    Drinking is fun sometimes, but you really aren't missing anything. One of my good friend's dad just passed away from being an alcoholic. Not cool~

Anyway glad to hear that you're OK!

Magically Delicous Oh.  Well, that explains it... Merlin's Avatar
    One of the few times necroposting actually makes sense... O.o