Thread: Missing Threads?

Bananarama Missing Threads? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Missing Threads?

Uhhh, I swear I posted in a thread here yesterday, and now said thread is gone?

Anyone care to explain?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

Re: Missing Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Uhhh, I swear I posted in a thread here yesterday, and now said thread is gone?

Anyone care to explain?
    looks like TFF summer 2010 all over again.

and like Meier said, we must have our own hater fanclub now, this proves it!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

I guess this is what happens when I start posting more often
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Gingersnap Missing Threads? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...Not only was it apparently deleted, it was permanently removed. I can't even see a record of the deleted thread.

Permanently deleting bot threads, fine. But permanently deleting threads that people are posting in? Without saying anything? What is this? What happened?

Whoever is responsible, please explain yourself. That is not the kind of image we need as a forum staff.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 11-28-2010 at 12:40 AM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

The Quiet One Missing Threads? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Huh? Can you tell me the name of the thread. Because I honestly don't know what happened. If it got permanently deleted then only a S-Mod and above could do that. I don't know if I can access admin and s-mod actions, but I can take a look to see what happened. I can't make any guarantees about it though since I don't know the full extent of my admin powers.

There really shouldn't be any reason to be deleting threads from here without anyone reporting an issue first. However, please refrain jumping to assumptions. My guess it is that it was simply an accident that occurred when someone was trying to delete a different thread. Accidents do happen. If I can find the thread I'll see about restoring it. But I don't know what happens to permanently deleted threads.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Gingersnap Missing Threads? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was something like "Who should be a member of SOLDIER." Along those lines. There was a bit of drama in the thread (from months ago), but if it got so bad in the last 24 hours that it needed to be deleted, I had no idea. And even still, there should have been some kind of explanation.

Good luck finding out what happened.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries

Ok, I think remember that thread. The moderator log is denied to me, which is where I think I'll get the best chance for answers. I'm going to keep looking, but if I can't find anything I'll send a message off to Fuzz about getting access to the moderator log or him seeing if there is anything he can do. Hopefully, I can figure out what happened.

And yes, drama or otherwise. Non-bot threads would need a reason for being deleted. Perhaps I'm too naive, but I don't think anyone would intentionally go around deleting threads. If it did get deleted intentionally though I'll be talking to the individual who did it. Because it shouldn't be happening. But still I'm going to place my belief on the side of it being an accident until I find out what happened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    And yes, drama or otherwise. Non-bot threads would need a reason for being deleted. Perhaps I'm too naive, but I don't think anyone would intentionally go around deleting threads. If it did get deleted intentionally though I'll be talking to the individual who did it. Because it shouldn't be happening. But still I'm going to place my belief on the side of it being an accident until I find out what happened.
    maybe its just my drinking intuition at 3:05 this morning but I think I have an idea who it is, check your rep.

EDIT: and yeah Oceaneyes, last I remember was Pete's/Meier's post in the thread which really didn't have a response and/or incite anything between anyone specifically, so whomever deleted it must of had a guilty conscience about what was said or one of us three in general. But in any case, I greatly dislike being censored on the forums for no good reason, I don't go around deleting other people's posts so don't do it to mine tyvm....
    Last edited by Rocky; 11-28-2010 at 02:57 AM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

I received access to the mod logs and they hold nothing there. And from what I saw the mod logs are pretty thorough. They cover everytime a mod even edits a post or thread, not just deletes. And your thread does not appear anywhere in there. So unless someone knows how to delete things from the log, which seems like a pretty extreme thing to do for an internet forum. I don't believe anyone deleted it. The only possibility I have at this point is a database error. If it is a database error we may be missing other threads as well around the same time.

I'm sorry I don't have any real answers for you. The best I can tell you is to just recreate the thread, because I haven't a clue where it went. As you said before I don't believe there was anything in there that was a problem. So there isn't going to be an issue with you just recreating it. Now if it disappears again, then we a bigger problem and I'll need to work with Fuzz to figure out the issue and individual causing it.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help for you.

Blog Entries

Well Andro I appreciate your honesty and your effort in going about this. I'm just kind of frustrated that something like this happened, especially with what we were discussing in the thread, and also with the people who were taking part of the discussion. I understand accidents do happen, but I also get the feeling that for it do be so thoroughly deleted, it is a little fishy, mostly because the thread had been around for a few months, and now was becoming active again.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

The Old Skool Warrior Missing Threads? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it was related to a database error, only the posts since the previous backup would have been lost, not the entire thread. Given that I haven't logged in for nearly three weeks, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'll go look.

Andromeda's right, if it was removed manually, the logs belonging with it are also missing. I don't have access to pruning the logs any more (I used to, back on a previous version of vB), so I can't see if there was a removal of logs done. I suppose we could chalk this up to a freak occurrence, because nothing points to foul play. Fuzz would have to be the one to go back and see if the Log Manager was used recently.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 12-06-2010 at 01:57 AM.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.