Thread: How about a SOLDIER RP OOC

The Old Skool Warrior How about a SOLDIER RP OOC LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How about a SOLDIER RP OOC

I know there's one in Remiem as a revival of the old clan, but that has nothing to do with us as a group. It's all those clan kids.

What if we set up a SOLDIER RP right here in our forum to give us something to do? We could all set up characters in this thread (if we decide to put one together out of boredom) and use it as an OOC thread as well.

If we do it, I'd suggest we (whoever wants to participate) should all create brand new characters which reflect our personalities while using FFT-esque classes, but have fun with it as well. It could be a serious RP or something a bit more light-hearted. Or both. Whatever, right? I just want something to do between schoolwork and RPB stuff. I need to keep my writing fresh, you know?

And right at the moment, SOLDIER's nothing more than a label for us right now anyway. We're not doing anything. Even though the public doesn't know that... and they don't have to, either.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Ryayukou
    I like that idea, I haven't RPed in a long time.

Blog Entries
    Divine Wolfwood: there was a problem
    Divine Wolfwood: I checked it out while playing ToS
    Divine Wolfwood: do you see the problem?
    LocoColt04: Ah
    LocoColt04: I see
    LocoColt04: So later then
    Divine Wolfwood: if we do anything
    Divine Wolfwood: it has to be serious
    Divine Wolfwood: meaning dark

LocoColt04: That's fine
    LocoColt04: You put up your opinion when you get to it
    Divine Wolfwood: like FFT
    Divine Wolfwood: too lazy
    Divine Wolfwood: I want 5 backstabbings in the first five sentences!
    LocoColt04: Okay then
    LocoColt04: That's what we'll do. Hell, I'll just paste this portion of the IM in a post for ya
    LocoColt04:

Seems like Kevin's up for the idea as well.

edit:
    This thread's primary purpose will be OOC now.

We need to figure things out, such WHY all of our characters get together, and whether or not we'll all get together in the start, or just make little groups, etc. Also, things such as a general storyline, and goals that should be reached during the course of the story.

Personally, my character is going to start out in a brawl anyhow, just because I want some good action to get things going. I won't even relate him to the story at all until my second post, when we might have more of an idea as to how/why we get together.

I'm setting up a separate thread for characters at the request of Rya.
    I'd like for this, the character thread, and the RP to be stickied, please.

edit again:
    Upon putting more thought into it, I have no intention of bringing my character into the story any time soon. He's flying solo for at least four posts; I've got plots for all of them in my head. It's grand.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 09-11-2004 at 11:18 PM.

I think I'll join too. My RPing is a bit rusty but, I really miss playing as my my namesake character. If I can put together some of the new ideas I've been having, I think it'd be really fun.

I'm going over to the RP character topic to post my info right now.

Blog Entries
    The ideas in my head are seeming more and more like a mix of Kill Bill and James Bond. w00t for infiltration with a katana.

If anyone has ideas on how we can eventually begin to tie people together, by all means, share. We've got a mercenary and an assassin (same basic ideals), a vengeful elf, a monk-type guy, and a crazy ninja.

Sounds like we're all quite violent. It'd be too cliche (can't do the crazy accents on the laptop all the time) if all of our causes were conviently run behind the scenes by a common evil. That one's way overplayed. However, I still feel that all of our personal characters should end up on the same side in one way or another. After all, we're all SOLDIER members here, aren't we?

That's the tough part; figuring that one out.

And eventually, we'll need to add some shared characters, both allies and enemies, to that character thread. But that's only once we tie things together.

Genji How about a SOLDIER RP OOC Skai's Avatar
    There is no such thing as SOLDIER at the moment in the role-play right? It is form way later in the story?

Blog Entries
    I don't even see why we have to tie SOLDIER into it at all. I'm just suggesting that we all play the same side of the story, whenever we tie ourselves in to each other. We don't have to all get together at the same time, either. Just eventually... somehow.

Genji How about a SOLDIER RP OOC Skai's Avatar
    I see. I thought this role-play is to play a history of how SOLDIER came to be.

Blog Entries
    Well... I suppose we always could do that. I just wanted to start up an RP so we'd have something to do. If you feel that we could definitely run it as a "how it came to be" type of thing, then there's no reason why we can't get it going in that direction. It's actually the only idea we've had as far as a plot-to-be, and it sounds fine to me. We'll see what some of the other participants think, but I think it'd be a good little thing for us to put together.

Blog Entries
    Well, my second post has almost materialized, but won't get put up until I get back into town. I've been so busy. >_< I'm gonna go ahead and possibly write the third and fourth while I'm out of town, so my portion of the story will move along rather quickly. Anywho, I certainly hope to see at least ONE more RP post by the time I return... because this whole dead role-play thing doesn't work for me.

Gingersnap How about a SOLDIER RP OOC OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll join. I really need to keep up my writing in any way that I can. I didn't post in my finals round of the TOA because I was grounded the first half, and too busy the second. That's no good. I think this way, I can keep writing with less pressure. Good stuff. I need to get reading and figure all this out. You may see a post from me within the next few days.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries
    I didn't have as much time as I thought. My second post isn't completely materialized after all.

>_<;;

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Blog Entries
    *pokes thread*

IT JIGGLES!

Okay, so, to revive or not to revive? That is the question. If yes, I've still got 2/3 of a post sitting on my hard drive and notes in a spiral in my room... it's all just waiting to materialize, but I'll focus my attention elsewhere if you guys think it'll just bomb again.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay