Thread: BEAT THIS! *Points at High Score*

The Lost Writer BEAT THIS!  *Points at High Score* Psiko's Avatar

BEAT THIS! *Points at High Score*

For those of you who have read my post in Cesar's *le sigh* thread, you will know what this thread is about. For the rest of you, it is a simple concept. Any high scores or fast times you have on any video games, whether they be Old Skool or New Skool, on the Atari or the PS2, post them in this thread. Say Cesar beats SMB1 in 22 minutes, and then Syd turns around and beats the game in 21 minutes. We could go back and forth, proudly showing off our gaming feats, and giving each other a bit of challenge to keep us motivated and determined to be the best. After all, what did a little competition hurt? ^^

Final Fantasy I: 5 hours, 59 minutes, 18 seconds.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

The Old Skool Warrior BEAT THIS!  *Points at High Score* LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, SMB1 in 22 minutes is where I start with this one. I know, I know... 22 isn't that hard to beat, but that's the time I clocked in a semi-relaxed runthrough. Someone put up a lower number, and I'll try harder.

I don't know if I can do FFI in under six hours, but I'm sure as hell gonna try. And maybe I'll work on the four WHM party that Psiko started to do forever ago, and see if I can do that in under twelve hours. That should be interesting.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Member of The Promised Land psychosyd's Avatar
    Me and Cesar sort of started this one night... for those who have played hte penguin baseball game... this is the rediculous longshot version... its rather goofy...

http://www.geekfocus.com/content/view/23/48/

take your shot, beat my score
    Spoiler:
    Member of SOLDIER

Blog Entries
    Sure thing James, not a problem. Did it on the second try, too. (It helps to run three at once, because you don't have to wait forever.) Anyway, this first screen is what the second window yielded...

...and the second is what the third screen yielded.
    Top that one, and you'll be my hero.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Blog Entries
    ...HOLY SHIT!

Heya Nick. Just how often do you randomly drop by TFF these days, anyway?

(On an on-topic note, I couldn't beat that... yet, anyway. I've played on and off for the past few days, during my random visits to the internet and such, but... eh.)

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

The Lost Writer BEAT THIS!  *Points at High Score* Psiko's Avatar
    The Legend of Zelda; First Quest

8 Deaths. Most likely half of those were "Save Deaths" that had been self-inflicted, but hey, it is a good number to start with. If I get a decent score on the Penguin game, I'll edit that in.

EDIT: 18702.4 is what I got, but in the midst of problems getting a screenshot the window closed on me...I'll just have to try to get that again...><
    Last edited by Psiko; 04-10-2005 at 08:56 PM.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

Member of The Promised Land psychosyd's Avatar
    First Zelda on the NES and the one on the SNES

0 deaths

im perfect!

umm... I beat the first level of Halo 2 on Legendary after trying for so long
    Spoiler:
    Member of SOLDIER