Thread: *le sigh*

The Old Skool Warrior *le sigh* LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*le sigh*

The ONLY forum here with less activity than this one is the City of the Ancients, which is actually a useless forum.

What have we made SOLDIER into? Yet another useless forum?

We need something. Can we push to revive the RP? Perhaps some type of within-SOLDIER RPB or something? Anything to get this area active.

...James, you pushed SO hard to get this place revived, and it's become nothing at all. EBG has activity, and I can promise you that because I can watch them update. I can't actually view any of the threads, but I can check the last post date. New posts every day or two.

And us? Over two months since our last post. Pathetic? Indeed.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Ryayukou
    I'm in full agreement here. In fact, I was just about ready to say something myself, but Cesar beat me to it, and of course no one will believe me. XD

I talked with him about setting up a password locked TeamSpeak channel just for SOLDIER, and maybe that'll bring us closer together somewhat.

As for the RP, if you haven't posted in it yet, please do so, and if you haven't posted in it for a while, please also post.

Blog Entries
    MelwaGilthoniel: we need to have a SOLDIER TeamSpeak
    LocoColt04: Definitely
    LocoColt04: I could set up a password-locked channel
    MelwaGilthoniel: good idea
    LocoColt04: But even though I have the power to create channels, as soon as I close out of them, they disappear
    LocoColt04: I'd need Channel Admin priviledges to make one and keep it
    It's true, that's what we were talking about.

For those who don't know or weren't there to know about it, I took a few TFFers onto my (well, NightShade's) TeamSpeak server and we held a really interesting voicechat. It was great except for when all six of us tried to talk at once. Then it was just word vomit.

I can ask him to set up a password-locked SOLDIER channel, so we can all be secretive nerds.

Anyway, I've still got 2/3 of an RP post sitting on my hard drive. I was gonna wait to post it until some of the others had posted in our RP... but, well, you can all see how far that got. Let's liven it up, huh? We can move it into the open once we have some substance in it, but I'd really like to throw together a solid storyline before anyone outside of SOLDIER gets a chance to see it.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Kevin can only be in one channel on the TS server at any given time.

That channel is probably going to be WOW, sadly.

The moral here is for all of you to get WoW and play it.
    Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust
    Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.

-Ferdinand, The Duchess of Malfi, V.V

Blog Entries
    Yessss... but when Kevin's NOT in the WoW channel, if he sees any of us in General Chat or SOLDIER, he can switch and join us!

BOOM! Technicality.
    ...bitch!

oh yes i just stole that from you yes i did hahaha and now im spamming OMG

So Kevin, any chance we could see an RP post from you within the next couple weeks?

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04
    So Kevin, any chance we could see an RP post from you within the next couple weeks?

Nope. Spring Break + Social Life + Spending the rest of spring break in Flagstaff with Caroline + WoW + Baseball + RasaWorld + school = gg Kevin's free time
    Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust
    Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.

-Ferdinand, The Duchess of Malfi, V.V

Blog Entries
    You know what? STFU, LOGIC!

Maybe later then. I was serious when I mentioned RPB as well. Most of the people here used to be into that kind of thing. Perhaps in the summer? Something casual. VERY casual. A month for each round or something. We've all got lives. I'll have three weeks in California myself.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Ryayukou
    Awww, post pwease Kevin? Pwetty pwease wif a cherry on top? ;____;

*goes off to find James and Shannen*

Member of The Promised Land psychosyd's Avatar
    Yeah... I have teamspeak and stuff... and I just wanna know what we should DO with SOLDIER.

DO we really want to jump immediatly to RP/RPB? That may or may not encourage activity.

I wanted the comeback for this place... but once again

What do you want with SOLDIER? I do like the teamspeak idea

Oh and if you want to have us all play a MMORPG or something together, like Kevin sort of joke/suggested... we could play Ragnarok Online

I have a private server I play on totally free... that could be fun... organize a guild or something.

So what should we do?

Viper
    Shannen's life = science fair x The Donhamator x Teng x everything else at school ^ more science fair

And there you have it, my life in a simple math problem. That is why I have no time to post at TFF anymore. Eh, anyway, someone start an RP, and possibly after state things will settle down.

Blog Entries
    teamspeak? ninjas? ponies?

what exactly are we talking about here?

I'm all for it, just confused as to what this teamspeak thing is and what its purpose would be.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psychosyd
    What do you want with SOLDIER? I do like the teamspeak idea

Oh and if you want to have us all play a MMORPG or something together, like Kevin sort of joke/suggested... we could play Ragnarok Online

I have a private server I play on totally free... that could be fun... organize a guild or something.
    Private server, eh? I'M SO THERE. Not immediately, and not all the time, but I'll whore myself out to the Rag if you think it's a good idea.

As far as TeamSpeak, for those who don't know, it's an internet audio client. Most people use it to speak amongst teams/clans when playing Warcraft or Counterstrike or other such programs.

Last night, I used it for hosting a voice chat between myself, Danica, Alisha, Joe, Dan (Hohenheim), and S. Nightshade joined us momentarily. He forgot who I was, and had never seen any of the others on TS before. I had to tell him who everyone was. He was excited.

Anyway, I'll ask him about that password-protected room, in case TeamSpeak happens to turn into a "omg all of TFF has 2 do it u kno?@#?!#?" type of thing. Of course, I'd hate if it did, because it's his server, and I don't want a bunch of bullshitters to overrun it.

...ANYWAY, since I keep rambling, yeah. That's what TeamSpeak is.

What do I want with SOLDIER? RPB stuff aside, I'd love to get the RP up and running again. If we can turn it into something presentable, we can eventually move it into the public eye. It's definitely an RP which has staying potential, but we gotta at least make a post every couple of weeks.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Well for first notice, if you want to play Ragnarok Online (Its fun, I have a third character slot open so I could create an account to rush you, or just use my beefy priest)

http://www.xaosro.org/ go there, check it out... its a huge download, and theres some tricks to getting it installed since the installations are in Korean I believe, but if you wanna play there you go.

What else shall we do?

o.O SOLDIER D&D I kid, I remember when they played D&D Over AIM a while back TFF style

Blog Entries
    First and foremost, for TeamSpeak... www.goteamspeak.com

Download the client (not the server) and then look at the attachment so you know how to set up your connection information. I'm not gonna type out the server's IP because some bot's likely to swipe it up and do stuff to it.

Anyway, once you're set up, I've created a channel for SOLDIER. It's password-locked, with a maximum of 15 people at a time... I figure we'd never reach that limit anyway though. In any case, you guys need the password.

This is unexpected, but that's the idea -- psychosyd -- just like that. All lowercase letters. The only people who can get that password who aren't supposed to have it are our admin, and S happens to like TeamSpeaking with us... so don't be surprised if he comes in here and steals our password.

Anywho, I leave you with the screenshot for setting up the Connect screen on launch.

I hope NightShade doesn't mind me putting up a password-locked channel on his server. If he does, I can always dump it.

Channel:
    SOLDIER

Topic:
    Private chat for TFF's elite. Ask for password.

User in channel:
    1/15

Codec:
    Speex 25.9 Kbit

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Ah, more build offs on NS's server... always nice... for those who connect, the BYU LAN stuff are channels NS set up for me and my bois to play games. We kinda stopped after a while, but I think with recent stuff we may be using it again. TeamSpeak has so much potential, especially in gaming, for quick relays and similar to that.

Ok, so thats hte first part, now what are we gunna do with SOLDIER?

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah? Well I set the SOLDIER channel up all by myself. I win.

How many times are you gonna ask that question? The only thing we have right now is the RP. And I'm going to continue pushing the RP until someone actually says "no, scrap it." As far as anything else to do with our time, well, we're all kinda busy right now. I mean, I'm not, but I'm speaking for everyone else, because I know they are.

But the way I see it, one RP post a week shouldn't be hard. That's four posts a month. And I don't mean one per person... I mean one per clan. So you write one RP post a month; maybe even one every six weeks. Is that really so time-consuming?

James, it's better than nothing. Like I said, that's all we've got right now, until we can think of some other activities to keep us busy.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

The Lost Writer *le sigh* Psiko's Avatar
    Seeing as how some, if not most, of us are avid gamers, we could start a thread posting up high scores/fastest times, etc, for games so that other people in SOLDIER can try to top those times or scores. Just a thought I had all of a sudden.

RP? Me? Sure, I'll sqeeze in posts whenever I am able. No idea when or how often, but I'll put forth the effort.

And for the few of us who play FFXI, we could make us a SOLDIER Linkshell perhaps? I would have no problem with that, and it would be nice for when/if a good number of us are on there at any one time.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.