Thread: The Twelve - OOC

The Twelve - OOC

[Story & Setting]

A party of adventurers gathers one autumn evening in the corner of a pub in the port of Dover in the Kingdom of Aslan. Their host offers to them an opportunity to embark upon a most interesting and profitable excursion: a quest to find the twelve scattered pieces of the soul of Greater Demon Lord Crom Cruach.

For thousands of years until his death, Crom Cruach ruled over the demonic hordes of the upper planes. Following his death, he was ascended by Greater Demon Lord Dynast Amdusias, who himself died three hundred years prior to the present. Since the death of Dynast the throne of the Demon Lord has been empty and the Higher Realms have become a chaotic battleground.

There are demonic agencies who wish to revive Cruach, who would reunite the warring demon clans to paint the metaverse red with the blood of mortal and god alike.

~

The party's benefactor is an elf of the mysterious Brenn Clan named Astin Tryst. With his elderly companion Zacharias Greenleaf, he briefs the assembled group at the Eorl of Kent inn.

The party's specific task is to seek out the mortal beings who each carry within them a fragment of Cruach's soul. These carriers are to be protected at all cost and brought to Magh Slecht in the Republic of Eyrelan. When Cruach's soul is complete he will be vulnerable again and may be destroyed forever. If one of those carriers were to die, then his or her fragment of Cruach's spirit would reenter the Cycle of Souls and reemerge within the body of a newly conceived child anywhere in the world.

[Competition]

• The Order - A secretive organization originally assembled by Dynast and now led by his pupil, Grah. They seek to maintain balance and order through subterfuge and guile.
    • The Brenn Clan - An ancient elven clan with a similar agenda as the Order, however they seek to protect their world alone, knowing that by the appraisal of god and demon that the Earth is of little consequence.
    • The Navarre Council - The ruling body of magicians and sorcerers, wielding the equivalent political leverage as the Vatican in this world.
    • Lesser Demons - Demons who wish to gain favour with Cruach after his resurrection.
    • Divine Beings (Gods) - The opposites of demons, these beings wish to keep the demons fighting amongst themselves while they organize their own attacks to destroy their foes.
    • Demon Slayers - Demons slayers who know of the legends of Crom Cruach and are able to identify carriers of his soul. They will kill these hosts so that the pieces of Cruach remain in flux, and thus unreachable.
    • Other Adventurers

Because of competition, some of the carriers of Cruach's soul may already be in the custody of the parties above.

The reward or motivation of your character is entirely up to you. Astin may have had some dealings or prior contact with your character in the past. Either on a previous adventure or approached offering a specific reward for agreeing to help. Characters may be aligned with the competition mentioned above. If there are any questions regarding character creation, please ask in thread.

Depending on how many people join this RP, there may be one main group or two groups arranged by Astin. He will not mention either group to the other.

Astin will arrange for a means to track the twelve carriers along with a quick means of transport across the vast distances of the world.

[Character Sheet]

Code:
    Name:Gender:Race:Age:Physical Data:Personal Data:Combat Data & Abilities:
    Additional character creation information may be found here.
    Last edited by sneakyonfoota; 12-13-2007 at 05:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sounds interesting. I like how the goal is clearly defined from the start, unlike far too many others. I really do hope that this one gets some good action.

Name: Nesrin
    Race: Fellpool

Physical Data:

Height: 4' 10”
    Weight: 105 lbs
    Hair: Tawny Gold
    Eyes: Amber

Personal Data:

Nesrin is the result of a Fellpool/Serval union, giving her strong Serval characteristics and an unusually aggressive personality. Even from a young age she was known to be a fighter, lashing out at anyone who dared raise her ire. Her parents understood that their Fellpool lifestyle did not suit her and sent her away to her Serval father's clan. She trained for several years, learning the Serval ways and honing her hunting abilities. About ten years ago for reasons only Nesrin herself knows, she left the clan and began offering her warrior skills to anyone willing to pay for them.

She is now one of the few Fellpool mercenaries. With no homeland to claim, she drifts from place to place, taking on jobs for the highest bidder. Due to this nomadic, often bloody existence, she's picked up some additional skill as both a thief and an assassin. Her reputation is well known, as is her legendary temper.

Nesrin has done work for the Brenn Clan on occasion, though she's never met Astin until now. She does owe a debt to the elves however, so when the call came she was quick to answer.

Combat Data and Abilities:

Nesrin carries a longbow on her back and a quiver containing 20 bodkin-pointed arrows on her belt. Her aim is excellent, but because arrows are hard to replace she uses them sparingly. She keeps a small pouch of bodkin tips and premade fletchings to repair damaged arrows or make new ones.

When it comes to combat, Nesrin prefers her twin scimitars. They don't have individual names but together she refers to them as the Wild Thorns (a mocking imitation of her name, as Nesrin means “wild rose”). They are perfectly suited to her fighting style, which stresses speed and agility over power. She is a cunning, ruthless opponent.

Nesrin does not possess any magic of her own, but she can sense the use of it from as far as half a league away, depending on the strength of the spell.

~DragonHeart~

Relevant characters. Count on seeing more posted as things develop.

Crom Cruach - The Greater Demon Lord who held an iron grip over four of the higher planes. As a way to ensure his safety he divided the core of his being into twelve pieces and sealed each within an idol of stone on the lowest plane where they were worshiped as idols by ancient Celts. In his standard form he took on the appearance of a pale man of fair countenance wearing full armour and trappings decorated with the frozen faces of tortured spirits.

Astin Tryst - Though speculated to be hundreds of years old, Astin has the physical appearance of a lad of about fourteen or fifteen. He is typically seen paired with his mentor, Nijara. Astin was responsible for the recent death of Burning Sorcerer Farhain, killing the man with a single bolt of his light bow just as the would-be tyrant was about to claim victory and lordship over the industrial nation of Weimar.

Zacharias Greenleaf - The former mentor of Nijara Oltek and one of the oldest living members of the Brenn Clan. Less a ranger than either Astin or Nijara, Zacharias' abilities stem from his ability to weave powerful enchantments, charms and hexes through the music he plays on his zither board.

Catch - an 18 year-old human from Aslan, often employed by Navarre for his ability to read Ley Lines and to use the True Sight. No stranger to the Brenn Clan either, he has been asked by Astin to serve as the guide for the party, as he is able to point them in the direction of pieces of Cruach's soul.

I think at least four more members of the main party are required before we may proceed. Perhaps three.
    Last edited by sneakyonfoota; 12-15-2007 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Corrected typos.

Lady Succubus The Twelve - OOC Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to go ahead and place a marker here while I create my character through your rp information.

However, I am going to put the basic stuff down for now.

Name: Lilith
    Race: Lelim

Physical Data:

Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: 150 lbs
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Silver
    Wings: Red
    Horns: Shaped like rabbit ears, but thicker, obviously.

Personal Data: Her father was a human, her mother was a succubus. With the appearance of a succubus, it was hard for her to experience the feeling of being loved by anyone but her family. People are usually cautious around her because of the fear of being succumbed to her seductive powers which she fails to have in the first place. She also eats like a normal human and does not feed by the way of the succubus. Most of the time she feels lonely and just wants someone to hold her and love her for who she is, and not fear her for her appearance.

She's gotten to the point where she has become desperate and flirts with just about any good-looking guy or girl that she can find, but never succeeds. Aside from her journey of love, she has trained in long range combat and the art of the polearm for melee combat. She's heard of the legend of Crom Cruach, and wonders if he would grant her what she had searched for for so long. Her conscience constantly reminds her to not go down the path of evil. She has the talent to identify the carriers of his soul, and should use that to search out for them and keep others from getting their hands on them.

For now, she seeks the carriers to gather them together to perhaps gain what she longs for.

Maybe she just needs that special someone to veer her from her current path and show her the light.
    Last edited by Victoria; 12-17-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Magically Delicous The Twelve - OOC Merlin's Avatar
    This sounds awfully familiar for some reason. It reminds me of RPJam. Either one of the practice things or the actual tourney. Its been a while so I can't say for sure, but it definitely seems recognizable.

As for me joining, I really haven't decided. I won't post my reasons in public as it might hurt someone's feelings.

Some Jam story lines were adaptations of plots I've considered for actual stories. To make sure things kept going I mashed them together. The characters of Catch and Astin had appearances in either of the previous Jams. The first Jam world featured reimagined versions of certain characters, but that was where the similarities ended. The second Jam was a more literal reinterpretation. They feature similar familiar elements but aren't the same, but you're the only one around other than Kevin who would really notice.

Not that Kevin is really "around".

Now that I think of it, it's probably the whole quest aspect that is the largest similarity. I think in the first Jam there were thirteen pieces to the Falchion to collect. Catch was present there. Incidentally, if there were to be an alternate team sent by Astin, their guide would have been Tessa, who was also in the first Jam.
    Last edited by sneakyonfoota; 12-15-2007 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Added: other similarities

Blog Entries
    Merlin, if you're referring to me, by all means post your reasons. If you have an issue with me I would like to know. I have no quarrel with you, nor lingering malevolence over Magically Appeared. I merely voiced my concerns, and now the issue is laid to rest. This RP is of an entirely different nature, thus a clean slate.

~DragonHeart~

Shall we declare this a failure now or would the two of you like to give it a shot and see how far we go?

Blog Entries
    Well, this is somewhat of a bad time to actually be starting something like this. I'm sure everyone has all kinds of holiday plans, we are getting close to Christmas after all. I wouldn't be so quick to judge it a failure or not. Perhaps give it until after New Year's? Once that's over everything should settle back into some semblance of normal and we may attract a few more people.

Hopefully, anyways.

~DragonHeart~

Lady Succubus The Twelve - OOC Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree with DH. It's really close to christmas, so the timing was bad to start up something like this. And besides, I can always create more characters. =P

Shall we retire this and I proceed with Plan B, or are we ready to give it the ol' college try now?